Home Premier Designers Givenchy

Givenchy Nightingale?

POST A REPLY

Sep 11, 2007, 3:25am   #1
L
Hi all,

There seems to be no section for Givenchy bags and authenticating them or any advice etc.

I really want the new leather Givenchy Nightingale in Black, anyone have any advise on how to spot a fake or what to look out for on an authentic one, as i know nothing about them, apart from theyre gorgeous and i want one!

Thanks
x
Oct 1, 2007, 6:14pm   #2
Balenciaga Convert
soo....i finally jumped the hoop and bought the givenchy!! it is absolutly LOVELY, the leather is soo soft, the smell is amazing the bag has just the perfect slouch. i don't think i've ever been so in love with a bag!!
since i don't own a black bag, the givenchy nightingale is perfect. everything about it!!!
Attached Images

Oct 2, 2007, 4:12am   #3
^^^^^ Love it. It's gorgeous.
Oct 5, 2007, 5:44am   #4
Sandgroper
Love the Nightingale

Enjoy!!
Oct 5, 2007, 5:55am   #5
Congratulations on your new bag!
Oct 5, 2007, 11:15am   #6
Balenciaga Convert
thanks to all of you!! at the moment i am wearing it on a daily basis and i still love it!! so happy i made this choice!!
Oct 5, 2007, 11:46am   #7
♥ my dog ♥
congrats, i love it!!
Oct 5, 2007, 8:21pm   #8
b
great choice, leefi! i have that same nightingale and one in patent!

the nightingale my fave bag to use everyday, since it's huge and i can wear it like a hobo or a hand carry tote.

Oct 6, 2007, 5:58pm   #9
Balenciaga Convert
i know, it's PERFECT for everyday use!! i was contemplating the patent one as well, but since i didn't have a "normal" (not that the nightingale is just "normal") black leather bag, i decided to go with that. how is the patent one? i had a feeling it wouldn't be so much for everyday use, did you take it in medium??
Oct 6, 2007, 7:21pm   #10
E
Account Deactivated
Barneys has them: http://www.barneys.com
Oct 7, 2007, 5:19am   #11
b
Originally Posted by Leefi
i know, it's PERFECT for everyday use!! i was contemplating the patent one as well, but since i didn't have a "normal" (not that the nightingale is just "normal") black leather bag, i decided to go with that. how is the patent one? i had a feeling it wouldn't be so much for everyday use, did you take it in medium??
both of my nightingales are maxi size!

the patent surprisingly is really good for everyday use. i use it a lot more than the matte leather one that i've got, since the patent doesn't show scratches as easily as the smooth calfskin, and since the leather of the patent is covered in plastic it's fine to use even if it's raining. the patent is also washed/wrinkled, so even though it does show fingerprints it's not as obvious as it would be if it were a normal smooth patent.
Oct 7, 2007, 9:19pm   #12
s
lovemybags!
just saw one at barney's and it's G O R G E O U S!!!!
Oct 22, 2007, 5:24pm   #13
c
Leefi, is yours the original with gunmetal colored hardware or does it have gold (and a zipper in the strap)? it's gorgeous.
Oct 22, 2007, 7:37pm   #14
Balenciaga Convert
yes, it's the original with the gunmetal colored hardware. i thought the gold looked a bit weird with black leather!
Oct 23, 2007, 4:46pm   #15
by the sea
Leefi, where did you find the matt black Nightingale with gunmetal hardware? I'd love one. It looks like medium size, is it? Thanks.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Givenchy