Home Premier Designers Givenchy

Givenchy Antigona - Reveal & some comments


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
May 31, 2012, 10:41pm   #1
loveable's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
I received my medium tricolor Antigona bag today! Been ogling this bag on these forums for ages. Finally I got it online - it was the first designer bag I'd purchased where I didn't see it in person first, so it was a bit of a gamble. But it worked out well, I love this bag so much!

Here are some pros and cons:

Pros
- It's super structured, unlike any other bag I've ever owned.
- The leather feels really smooth. It's not as strokeable as my Pandora bag but then it's also not a slouchy bag.
- I'm 5'2" so the bag is big on me but I wanted a bigger sized bag. It's very roomy.
- I love the huge zipper!
- The different colors makes it more interesting.
- I love having the option of carrying it on the shoulder. The drop strap is the perfect length.


Cons
- If I do carry it using the shoulder strap, it's a bit awkward because the handles sticks up into my armpit.
- The light coloured handles - although it looks great, I'm worried it'll get dirty easily.

All wrapped up


Dustbag


Handles. I could smell the leather already.


Here she is! Didn't take the wrapping off the strap yet.


Back view with the strap.


Closeup of the logo


I really do love the gigantic zipper
May 31, 2012, 11:54pm   #2
purse-nality's Avatar
SemiKindCharmedLife
luv it luv it!!! congrats!

is the leather used on the handles glazed? or does it feel matte? thinkin about getting this combo too.
Jun 1, 2012, 12:22am   #3
loveable's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Originally Posted by purse-nality
luv it luv it!!! congrats!

is the leather used on the handles glazed? or does it feel matte? thinkin about getting this combo too.
Thanks purse-nality! I feel like it's worth getting! The handles are in matte leather.
Jun 1, 2012, 4:48am   #4
wmdnx3's Avatar
Member
could you please post pics of you wearing it with the strap? is it really that awkward? :( seriously considering getting this but if the straps dig into your armpits, it's giving me second thoughts!!

your bag is so beautiful btw! :) makes me want it more (other than the whole arm pit digging factor)
Jun 1, 2012, 5:58am   #5
Aluxe's Avatar
The Gimme-Queen
Gorgeous!!! I can understand your concern about those handles as well. Is there someway to pretreat/protect it? Maybe something from LMB, I know they have a product for handles.
Jun 1, 2012, 10:15am   #6
randr21's Avatar
Watch "The Cove"
hmm, I am about your height and the handles dont stick up for me...but i think it's a lovely bag though...i use my strap more than the handle when I bring it for work.
Jun 1, 2012, 1:50pm   #7
Shoegal30's Avatar
Member
I like this color combination. Please try to make it work! I would hate to see you give up this beauty.....
Jun 1, 2012, 2:10pm   #8
x_ninja's Avatar
Member
Congrats on the beauty!!! Enjoy!!
Jun 1, 2012, 4:33pm   #9
loveable's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Originally Posted by wmdnx3
could you please post pics of you wearing it with the strap? is it really that awkward? :( seriously considering getting this but if the straps dig into your armpits, it's giving me second thoughts!!

your bag is so beautiful btw! :) makes me want it more (other than the whole arm pit digging factor)
Here are some shots. It doesn't go all the way up to my armpit. I do have big arms though When I carry it I'll probably push it backwards like in the 3rd pic.



Jun 1, 2012, 4:35pm   #10
loveable's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Originally Posted by randr21
hmm, I am about your height and the handles dont stick up for me...but i think it's a lovely bag though...i use my strap more than the handle when I bring it for work.
Hi randr21, do you mean that the handles on your bag don't stay upright?
Jun 1, 2012, 4:37pm   #11
loveable's Avatar
Thread Starter
Member
Originally Posted by Aluxe
Gorgeous!!! I can understand your concern about those handles as well. Is there someway to pretreat/protect it? Maybe something from LMB, I know they have a product for handles.
I will check LMB, thanks!
Jun 1, 2012, 8:16pm   #12
susu1978's Avatar
Member
This looks yummy enjoy it
Jun 1, 2012, 10:37pm   #13
sep's Avatar
sep
Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Very chic!!! Congrats! I'm a;ways concerned about light colored handles too but I like it better as a shoulder bag than a handbag anyway...
Jun 2, 2012, 12:40am   #14
wmdnx3's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by loveable
Here are some shots. It doesn't go all the way up to my armpit. I do have big arms though When I carry it I'll probably push it backwards like in the 3rd pic.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/absol...4/original.jpg
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/absol...5/original.jpg
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/absol...7/original.jpg
ooooooooooh it's so nice!!!!! the handles don't look *that* awkward (esp if it's carried in the way it is in the last picture)

tossing between this or bal giant city for a new "everyday" bag

thanks so much for your help!!! :)
Jun 2, 2012, 4:51am   #15
purse-nality's Avatar
SemiKindCharmedLife
Originally Posted by loveable
Thanks purse-nality! I feel like it's worth getting! The handles are in matte leather.
thanks for the info! may i bother you w/ measurements pls? medium dimensions online are all over the place! i couldn't figure out whether 13" is the width taken from the base or widest part of the wings (strap d-ring to d-ring attachments). would you be so kind to measure both widths -base & wings? really appreciate it!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Givenchy  
TOP

Thread Tools