Home > >

GIVENCHY Antigona bags F/W 2011 - S/S 2012 Plus Reference Thread

POST A REPLY

Nov 21, 2011, 10:58pm   #31
ehemelay
Originally Posted by REREsaurus
Dear ladies... I'm in.

The Antigona is a dream. I hope to post pics soon, to share in the glory.
Yay! Please, please, please post some mod shots of your Antigona - I'm dying to see how it looks on. Super curious if it maintains that structured look, or if it slouches like a Pandora.
Nov 21, 2011, 11:49pm   #32
pixiejenna
Can't wait to see it RERE!
Nov 22, 2011, 12:28am   #33
T
Tammyjam
Originally Posted by ehemelay

Yay! Please, please, please post some mod shots of your Antigona - I'm dying to see how it looks on. Super curious if it maintains that structured look, or if it slouches like a Pandora.
This is mine, I'm not holding it in this pic, but mine holds its shape for the most part unless I put something really heavy in it, then the bottom gives out a little bit, otherwise it keeps it's shape. I'm not sure about the calf skin, but the one I got is the shiny leather which is a bit more tougher than calfskin one.

Name:  image-1769238850.png
Views: 11099
Size:  123.0 KB
Nov 22, 2011, 12:31am   #34
b
bumble1
Originally Posted by Tammyjam
This is mine, I'm not holding it in this pic, but mine holds its shape for the most part unless I put something really heavy in it, then the bottom gives out a little bit, otherwise it keeps it's shape. I'm not sure about the calf skin, but the one I got is the shiny leather which is a bit more tougher than calfskin one.

Attachment 1528671
I have this same bag and LOVE it. I hope you enjoy this beauty!
Nov 22, 2011, 12:34am   #35
T
Tammyjam
Originally Posted by bumble1

I have this same bag and LOVE it. I hope you enjoy this beauty!
Thank u I will!!! I am so happy with this one. I found that the calfskin was way too delicate for me, had scratches all over the display. Love love love!
Nov 22, 2011, 11:23am   #36
weffendy
Does anyone know why the medium antigona on Barney's website cost $500 more? is it different type of leather than the $1900+?

TIA!

http://www.barneys.com/Medium-Antigo...l?cgid=HANDB01
Nov 22, 2011, 11:43am   #37
T
Tammyjam
Originally Posted by weffendy
Does anyone know why the medium antigona on Barney's website cost $500 more? is it different type of leather than the $1900+?

TIA!

http://www.barneys.com/Medium-Antigo...l?cgid=HANDB01
Yes, it depends on the leather and the color. Like the tricolor medium (gorgeous!!!) is a lot more. I've been really liking the Antigona tote bag on Barney's website!
Nov 22, 2011, 12:27pm   #38
riry
*content*
Originally Posted by REREsaurus
Dear ladies... I'm in.

The Antigona is a dream. I hope to post pics soon, to share in the glory.
Nov 22, 2011, 3:08pm   #39
A
ACS
I'm so excited! I ordered an Antigona and it's supposed to ship on Friday!!
Nov 23, 2011, 12:49pm   #40
REREsaurus
Leather brrraaiined.
Originally Posted by ehemelay
Ehem! I have photos, I do. I just haven't has time to start a thread. It doesn't slouch like the Pandora at all, but I am really digging the semi-structured look.

Originally Posted by pixiejenna
Can't wait to see it RERE!
Will post pics soon.

Originally Posted by riry
Nov 23, 2011, 7:00pm   #41
randr21
Watch "The Cove"
Hello everyone! I just picked up a medium antigona in shiny black...my first Givenchy! I was absolutely in love with this bag from the moment I laid my eyes on them at Barney's. I would have loved to have gotten it in different color other than black but they were all mostly calfskin leather and from the looks of it, scratches so easily (already saw a bunch of claw marks on some on display). The shiny leather is regular leather and seemed more durable. I'll post up pics tonight :-) I love everyone's bags on this forum!!
congrats, i'm debating getting the same one. only thing holding me black is the fact that it's basic black. if it had another color along the piping or something, i'd be more keen. are you still glad you got the black?
Nov 26, 2011, 7:27am   #42
l
liav

Attachment 1528671
hi gorgeous bag im looking at purchasing one too can i ask is this leather called the spazzalato leather?? i saw a really patent leather version but it looks different from yours i dont like it so id like to know the name of your leather for reference thank u..
Nov 26, 2011, 6:35pm   #43
T
Tammyjam
Originally Posted by liav

hi gorgeous bag im looking at purchasing one too can i ask is this leather called the spazzalato leather?? i saw a really patent leather version but it looks different from yours i dont like it so id like to know the name of your leather for reference thank u..
Hi there! No it is not the spazzalato leather. It was just called "shiny black leather" I think the leather is just regular leather that has been polished to make it shiny but on the matte side. it is not patent though. This was last seasons so I'm not sure if they will have the exact same one in medium, they might though. If you ask sales associate they might be able to track one down for you :-) I got mine at Barneys if that helps.
Nov 29, 2011, 5:40pm   #44
l
liav

Attachment 1528671
what size is your bag btw im deciding between small and medium thank u
Nov 30, 2011, 9:15am   #45
T
Tammyjam
Originally Posted by liav
what size is your bag btw im deciding between small and medium thank u
It is a medium but I'll take a picture of me carrying it tonight when I get home so you can see what size it is. Depending how tall or short you are, small might be a better choice, when I first got the medium I thought it was HUGE but it grew on me :-)...the large size was out of the question, way too big for me. I'll take a pic tonight though!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >