Home Shopping Resources General Shopping

What is your Favorite Store??

POST A REPLY

May 7, 2011, 10:10am   #61
r
It's like asking "Who is your favorite child?"

NM, Barney's, Saks, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Stuart Weitzman. I LOVE thrift stores and secondhand shops.
May 7, 2011, 3:09pm   #62
x
bloomingdale's for sure, always have deals going on

love it
May 7, 2011, 3:39pm   #63
The Enabler
Originally Posted by rose60610
It's like asking "Who is your favorite child?"
ITA! I can't pick...

NM, Saks, Nordstrom, Bergdorf, NET-A-PORTER, Outnet...basically wherever I can find the purchases that I like.

But I can say that my favourite place is NOT Holt Renfrew (one of the two department stores in Canada with premier designer goods - the other one being the Room) - the prices are exponential compared to U.S. pricing, while the selection is very limited.
May 7, 2011, 6:09pm   #64
Bal_RO_CÚline
High end: Neiman Marcus

Low: H&M
May 7, 2011, 10:18pm   #65
Originally Posted by layd3k
NET-A-PORTER
Zara
Ikea (love going in there to check out all the furniture displays!! too much fun!! :P)
Duty Free Shops in European Airports (so much cosmetics too choose from; I die!)
Mango (particularly the large on in Prague; has the best selection to any I have been to in the world.)
Hermes and Louis Vuitton boutiques (Hermes is just so classy and never crowded and LV always has amazing bags to look at!!)

And when shopping in the US I love to go to Bloomies. SO MUCH STUFF!!!!!!! You will never find half of it in Canada at that kind of price!
are duty free shops less expensive?
May 7, 2011, 10:20pm   #66
Originally Posted by mkimimi
If i could live out of two stores..
Club Monaco- simple and great quality (lots of silks :))
The Bay- started carrying some amazing designers hard to find at other places, and great sales for people with HBC cards...
I LOVE club monaco!! I wish I had one near me!
May 7, 2011, 11:37pm   #67
Originally Posted by alex.losee
are duty free shops less expensive?
Technically they are supposed to be, since you pay no tax. I am from Canada and it has been a pretty good deal for the past year and a half to shop in the European duty free stores if you are looking to buy European brands. I purchase L occitane products; alcohol (WAY BETTER PRICED THAN IN CANADA DUTY FREE) and any other European brands. I find l'oreal, clinique, OPI nail polish and other imported brands to Europe to actually be more expensive than in non-duty free stores in Canada. Sounds a bit confusing but I hope you understand lol!
May 8, 2011, 12:11am   #68
Amazon, Target, Barney's, Saks, NM, NET-A-PORTER, Bluefly, Zara, H&M.
May 10, 2011, 8:39am   #69
n
Too many! If I could only shop in three for the rest of my life: Banana Republic, Anthropologie and Target.
May 10, 2011, 1:17pm   #70
Homegoods (I am crazy aout home furnishings and I love theirs). And my tastes in clothing/dept stores change rapidly so I can't pick one.
May 10, 2011, 7:14pm   #71
Francophile
Nordstroms by far - In Coral Gables and The Grove, L.A. (to be specific)
May 11, 2011, 3:50am   #72
m
mytheresa.com

In my experience they are the fastest to deliver and packaging is lovely too. It took them exactly 24 hours from placing my order to deliver my Chloe bag from Germany to the UK - unheard of!
May 18, 2011, 10:06pm   #73
Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx, Target, Deseret Industries (Utah Goodwill) and other thrift/consignment stores. I am in at least one of them every week.
May 19, 2011, 9:40am   #74
I was thinking about this while shopping the other day. Definitely Anthropologie, I just love the atmosphere that they create while shopping, it feels home-like. Then probably Ulta and Sephora because I just love makeup, Nordstrom for my higher end goodies, Urban Outfitters, Century 21 when I'm in NYC, and also thrift stores like Goodwill.
I shop a lot, and my mother thinks I am crazy but I don't buy something every time I go out, I just like the browsing and the atmosphere.
May 21, 2011, 7:00pm   #75
K
Burberry, I love their products and everyone who works at the one I go to is always super nice.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources General Shopping