Home > >

Secondhand bargains - show yours here!

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Jan 16, 2013, 8:40pm   #9376
MauiWowie
Today I went to Value Village. All I found was really bad fakes. Oh well (sigh).
Jan 16, 2013, 8:58pm   #9377
jamamcg
Tried to post a photo of my new(to me) McQueen item, but my phone won't let me load it :( I will attempt it again later on.
Jan 16, 2013, 9:14pm   #9378
Pao9
Originally Posted by yvettem113
Ok here they are. I tried to get all angles and the stitching. The material is really great and the leather inside is buttery soft.
I know the newer models come in European sizes. The vintage I'm not sure but these look real to me!
Jan 17, 2013, 5:46am   #9379
bagghunter
Originally Posted by annemerrick
Yes! I sell the majority of my finds to fund my shopping habit and only keep the things that I like the very best! I love my inexpensive finds but also will occasionally splurge on something expensive. My thrift info generally fund those purchases.
Thanks for the response! I'm thinking of selling the others and buy some new ones that I like!

Originally Posted by Pao9
Yes!!! I think it's the same for all of us, it's become an obsession! I mean who can say no to $1 whatever!!! Right? But the more you thrift the more picky you get because space becomes an issue. So eventually the finds you thought we're awesome get replaced by even better stuff. I started selling on eBay because of this! Eventually I would find something so amazing that doesn't for me and have to buy it just to sell it! Now I have a full closet of stuff that I need to sell but it's not that easy to sell on eBay! Specially clothes! If I had a tip don't buy just anything to sell, buy what you love and if you love it less tomorrow, sell it! Sometimes you will be surprised about what people are willing to pay for stuff. For me it's become a fun hobby!!! I can also justify buying more stuff if I'm selling some!
So true, very difficult to resist great bargains!

Originally Posted by LisaK026
That is a safe assumption. I have cut way back on my thrifting (that's why I was missing for a while). If I don't LOVE it, I don't buy it, anymore. It can get really out of hand, really fast. I have always sold the stuff I am bored with on eBay.
Ugh! I keep on seeing many things that I like LOL! But yeah, trying to cut down on buying a lot and just bring home the stuff that I love the most. Ebay seems to be a great idea, I'm gonna read more about it.
Jan 17, 2013, 10:02am   #9380
lizzyq
Carven Craving
You bargain hunters have some amazing finds on here! A $300 legit Birkin?! Makes me want to hit up the thrift shops every day.

Here are a few consignment items, not total steals but timeless finds (purchased before I knew the brilliance of negotiating):

Chanel '98 jacket ($500), Hermes 'Smiles in the Third Miillenary' scarf ($250)

I'll have to peek in the closet and get some pics up of real deals.
Attached Images

Jan 17, 2013, 3:23pm   #9381
jamamcg
Here it is Finally :)
Attached Images

Jan 17, 2013, 3:49pm   #9382
Pao9
Originally Posted by jamamcg
Very cute!!
Jan 17, 2013, 4:16pm   #9383
jamamcg
Originally Posted by Pao9

Very cute!!
Thanks. It's difficult to tell, but it's all embroidered with skulls and flowers and guns and peace symbols and lots of other things.
Jan 17, 2013, 4:23pm   #9384
annemerrick

Thanks. It's difficult to tell, but it's all embroidered with skulls and flowers and guns and peace symbols and lots of other things.
Awesome. I love it.
Jan 17, 2013, 5:15pm   #9385
Raven3766
Oh I love it! Nice color, the skulls are totally awesome. A lot of work went into the design. I'm glad you were able to post it. It's a work of art!
Jan 17, 2013, 7:05pm   #9386
chowlover2
The detail is amazing! What a great find!
Jan 17, 2013, 7:22pm   #9387
Tropigal3
Originally Posted by MauiWowie
Today I went to Value Village. All I found was really bad fakes. Oh well (sigh).
I wonder if it's "clean out your fakes" time. Went to one of the GW store and they had Chanel, several LV's, all fakes! Left the store empty handed.
Jan 17, 2013, 7:31pm   #9388
T
Tomsmom
Love it Jama!!!

You make me want to look for McQueen pieces when I had no interest before "meeting" you and seeing your pics. Thank you
Jan 17, 2013, 7:37pm   #9389
MauiWowie
Originally Posted by Tropigal3

I wonder if it's "clean out your fakes" time. Went to one of the GW store and they had Chanel, several LV's, all fakes! Left the store empty handed.
The saddest thing was I wanted to find a Chanel flap but guess what? I found it alright... As a fake.
Jan 17, 2013, 7:40pm   #9390
jamamcg
Originally Posted by Tomsmom

Love it Jama!!!

You make me want to look for McQueen pieces when I had no interest before "meeting" you and seeing your pics. Thank you
That has to be one of the kindest things ever Thank You :)
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >