Home > >

Secondhand bargains - show yours here!

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Jul 12, 2012, 10:08pm   #46
l
ltaylor882
Originally Posted by Tuuli35
What material is it?
It is 65% linen, 32% viscose/rayon and 3% elastane/spandex. Hope that helps and thanks :-)
Jul 12, 2012, 10:25pm   #47
Raven3766
Originally Posted by chowlover2
I always try to pay right away, can you send her an invoice? Is she a newbie? eBay generally sends an email when you win an item, to pay now, but you can send her another invoice as well.
Ok, I was wondering about the invoice. I will send her one...thanks.
Jul 12, 2012, 10:38pm   #48
annemerrick
Originally Posted by ltaylor882

Thanks! I'm definitely excited to put it to use. A while ago I saw a DKNY jacket at a consignment shop and it was at least $20 and I didn't get it. I was thinking about it and went back and it was gone. I think it was meant to be and I was supposed to find this one.

So, ladies, any tips on how to clean it?
I would never wash a blazer. I think it might make the shoulder pads wonky or mess up the construction in some other way! I would recommend dry cleaning. I am also reluctant to dry clean but in some cases it is worth it!
Jul 12, 2012, 11:18pm   #49
luvsagreatdeal
Originally Posted by Raven3766
Ladies what do you do when someone bids, but does not pay? I think she expected me to send the item, without being paid. She won the bid July 9 and I haven't heard a peep.
Yeah it happens. Hopefully she's just a slow payer, but it definately happens a percentage of the time. File a non payment and they will refund your seller fees and the buyer will get a ding on their record
Jul 12, 2012, 11:32pm   #50
l
ltaylor882
Originally Posted by annemerrick

I would never wash a blazer. I think it might make the shoulder pads wonky or mess up the construction in some other way! I would recommend dry cleaning. I am also reluctant to dry clean but in some cases it is worth it!
Well it does not have shoulder pads so that's nice. To me it just looks like a cotton (or linen in this case) jacket.
Jul 13, 2012, 12:04am   #51
Pao9
Originally Posted by ValentineNicole
I have clothes!!!!!! They found my trailer!!!!
Uhuuuuu I was hoping they would find all your treasures!
Jul 13, 2012, 12:12am   #52
chowlover2
It is 65% linen, 32% viscose/rayon and 3% elastane/spandex. Hope that helps and thanks :-)
I would dry clean getting wrinkles out of linen is tough. ( that is after it has been washed )
Jul 13, 2012, 12:53am   #53
rjshops
Ladies what do you do when someone bids, but does not pay? I think she expected me to send the item, without being paid. She won the bid July 9 and I haven't heard a peep.
They have 4 days to pay before you're allowed to open a Unpaid Item Case.

After you open the case, Ebay will notify the auction winner and they will be given another 4 days to pay. After 8 days have passed, and they still have not paid you'll be able to close the case, receive a refund of your fees, and re-list your item.

The buyer receives a non-payer strike against their account.

BTW ... If they don't pay, I would block them from bidding on my future listings.
Jul 13, 2012, 4:49am   #54
nillacobain
Originally Posted by valentinenicole
i have clothes!!!!!! They found my trailer!!!!
yay!
Jul 13, 2012, 4:53am   #55
nillacobain
Alright, I took a couple pictures.

It seems to look bluish in the pictures but it's definitely black. I like it because its so simply and I can wear it with so many different things. Now, it says to dry clean only and I don't feel like takin it to the dry cleaner. It obviously needs to be washed so can I handwash it with some Woolite or something?
Great jacket.
I always wash my "dry clean only" second-hand finds with WOOL detergent. I put them in a net bag and delicate machine wash them (curtains, silk, etc programm). Just remember to switch the spin OFF!
Jul 13, 2012, 4:56am   #56
nillacobain
Originally Posted by ValentineNicole
Haha I'm about to do a huge eBay sweep though so I'll have tons of money hopefully!!! Lol

It turns out my 76 boxes of clothes don't really fit in a 990 sq foot apt :(
Please share via PM your ebay screen name if you want to!
Jul 13, 2012, 5:04am   #57
nillacobain
I agree w/the others - try send her a msg or an invoice. My latest buyers all took forever to pay for their items - I'm still dealing with a buyer who hasn't paid yet.
Jul 13, 2012, 7:25am   #58
Tuuli35
Based on material, I would hand wash it.
It has linen inside and this material will get wrinkles anyway but it is considered to be good thing, because it shows the authenticity (if it is linen or not). 100% linen wrinkles like crazy.
Jul 13, 2012, 7:35am   #59
jamamcg
It has linen inside and this material will get wrinkles anyway but it is considered to be good thing, because it shows the authenticity (if it is linen or not). 100% linen wrinkles like crazy.
You can say that again. My linen trousers drive me nuts at how wrinkly they get even when they are not worn HA
Jul 13, 2012, 8:46am   #60
l
ltaylor882
Thanks so much. I think I will get it dry cleaned the first time then hand wash it after.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >