Home > >

Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!


DISCUSSION CLOSED
 
Thread Tools
May 8, 2013, 6:17pm   #4066
chowlover2's Avatar
chowlover2
Member
Originally Posted by EmmieB
I also had one more item that I'm not sure about. Its a tshirt by seebychloe and although its cute, it doesn't quite fit me. It's a medium but I just couldn't resist it. What do you girls think?



I also got a kate spade wallet from craigslist. Perfect condition. Not my photo below but its the blue one. Colour is blueberry.

deluxemall.com/attachments/kate-spade/294360d1340291194-kate-spade-wellesley-neda-wallet-blueberryjam-150-kate-spade-wallet.jpg
I think it's adorable! You can always resell on Ebay and make your money back!
May 8, 2013, 6:22pm   #4067
chowlover2's Avatar
chowlover2
Member
Originally Posted by Raven3766
I don't own a Lanvin handbag yet, but I will one day. I found two 3 Lanvin scarves a few days ago, that brings my count to 5; just haven't posted yet. I own Lanvin perfumes....<a href="http://" target="_blank">http://[URL="http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/raven3766/media/IMG_20120706_181305-1.jpg.html"][/URL]
I love Arpege, I hope I find some!
Originally Posted by ladyash
Went looking for a flapper dress for a Downton Abbey themed event I am going to Saturday (prizes for best costume) and was thinking I would leave disappointed until I spotted this! Its Marciano and I paid $15 for it (ouch) but I think I will get a lot of wear out of it!
Look at the detail, what a beautiful dress, perfect for Downton Abbey themed party!
May 8, 2013, 7:17pm   #4068
ladyash's Avatar
ladyash
Member
Originally Posted by EmmieB
Amazing!



Reminds me of the great gatsy trailer very cute



Leather moisturizer, black polish and elbow grease and good as new!

I know right! I keep seeing the ads all over the city for the Tiffany and Co Great Gatsby inspired collection and this dress immediately made me think of that. Which is good because I am going for 1920's theme here! Just need to find some gloves to go with it and if I have enough hair will do the finger wave to it :)

Originally Posted by wildfury
Ooh, pretty! Great price too.



That's a unique dress! $15 isn't too bad, that brand isn't exactly cheap .



Cute shorts! You could always get it authenticated if you're worried. You can exchange it if it turns out to be fake.



I'm so jealous, I wish they had those here! Those are gorgeous candlesticks!

I felt better after looking at the website and seeing a feather flapper looking Marciano dress selling for $348 right now on the Guess website. Yeah I think I did okay

Originally Posted by chowlover2
I love Arpege, I hope I find some!

Look at the detail, what a beautiful dress, perfect for Downton Abbey themed party!
Definitely :) and I have read somewhere that one of the draws has a prize worth $4000!! I can justify spending $15 if the prizes are this good! As long as I win one of course
May 8, 2013, 7:27pm   #4069
chowlover2's Avatar
chowlover2
Member
Originally Posted by ladyash
I know right! I keep seeing the ads all over the city for the Tiffany and Co Great Gatsby inspired collection and this dress immediately made me think of that. Which is good because I am going for 1920's theme here! Just need to find some gloves to go with it and if I have enough hair will do the finger wave to it :)




I felt better after looking at the website and seeing a feather flapper looking Marciano dress selling for $348 right now on the Guess website. Yeah I think I did okay



Definitely :) and I have read somewhere that one of the draws has a prize worth $4000!! I can justify spending $15 if the prizes are this good! As long as I win one of course
Good luck! May the force be with you!
May 8, 2013, 7:30pm   #4070
lazlo8's Avatar
lazlo8
Member
Oh lady ash you need long gloves nd some form of darling head jewelry! Take that prize! Jitterbug it up! And carry a flask! Hopefully one with "Daisy" on it ...

The dress is divine! I'll say you did great!
May 8, 2013, 7:53pm   #4071
KrissieNO.5's Avatar
KrissieNO.5
Member
Originally Posted by EmmieB
Amazing!



Reminds me of the great gatsy trailer very cute



Leather moisturizer, black polish and elbow grease and good as new!
Thank you!!
May 8, 2013, 9:15pm   #4072
wildfury's Avatar
wildfury
Member
Well, VV was having a 30% off sale so I decided to go take a look. I almost didn't go since they're having a 50% off sale in 5 days! I ended up not going to as many as I normally would because of it.

Anyway, this is my favourite find: a Mackage trench coat! I don't know if anyone outside of Canada knows about this brand, but they're amazing. Their stuff is so fitted and fashion forward, but pricey....this one retailed for around $600, which of course I wasn't going to pay :P.



It was $14, which was more than I wanted to pay...it would have only been $10 in a couple of days! But I just couldn't risk it, the coat is gorgeous!

It's military style and has lambskin leather accents at the collar and the shoulder. There are even wires at the collar and along the chest! The sleeves are even removable! This company's thought of everything!

Even the lining is gorgeous. It has contrasting colours and even a pretty pleated ruffle running along the inside:



Also got this neat hinged top purse for $3.50:



Also found a vintage looking red/black wool coat for $10.50. I've been looking for one forever! All of the other ones have been way too boxy for my tastes, but this one is amazingly fitted...you can tell by how the buttons line up. They form a straight line when you're wearing it!



The only problem is those horrible shoulder pads...those have gotta come out! They are really, really, 80's.

The buttons are beautiful:



Finally, some random knicknacks:




Alabaster jewelry box: $3.95
Birks - Glass and steel swans: $2.95 for the pair

I couldn't believe the jewelry box was so cheap! It's pretty big and just amazing. I think it would have been at least $20 anywhere else.

The wings sold me on the swans. They're moveable! Turns out they're salt holders, and I saw a pair on ebay go for around $100! Didn't expect that at all.

Finally found a mirrored vanity tray for $1.99, but this one's pretty small:



I can't wait for Monday !
Attached Images
           
May 8, 2013, 9:15pm   #4073
Raven3766's Avatar
Raven3766
Member
I did it! I did it! I found an authentic Hermes scarf! Woohooohttp://
I guess I will pull it out of the plastic bag now.
May 8, 2013, 9:32pm   #4074
wildfury's Avatar
wildfury
Member
Amazing! Congrats raven !
May 8, 2013, 9:35pm   #4075
KW1's Avatar
KW1
This girl is on fire
Originally Posted by Raven3766
I did it! I did it! I found an authentic Hermes scarf! Woohooohttp://
I guess I will pull it out of the plastic bag now.
Yay! Congrats!
May 8, 2013, 9:35pm   #4076
luvsagreatdeal's Avatar
luvsagreatdeal
Member
Originally Posted by wildfury
Well, VV was having a 30% off sale so I decided to go take a look. I almost didn't go since they're having a 50% off sale in 5 days! I ended up not going to as many as I normally would because of it.

Anyway, this is my favourite find: a Mackage trench coat! I don't know if anyone outside of Canada knows about this brand, but they're amazing. Their stuff is so fitted and fashion forward, but pricey....this one retailed for around $600, which of course I wasn't going to pay :P.



It was $14, which was more than I wanted to pay...it would have only been $10 in a couple of days! But I just couldn't risk it, the coat is gorgeous!

It's military style and has lambskin leather accents at the collar and the shoulder. There are even wires at the collar and along the chest! The sleeves are even removable! This company's thought of everything!

Even the lining is gorgeous. It has contrasting colours and even a pretty pleated ruffle running along the inside:



Also got this neat hinged top purse for $3.50:



Also found a vintage looking red/black wool coat for $10.50. I've been looking for one forever! All of the other ones have been way too boxy for my tastes, but this one is amazingly fitted...you can tell by how the buttons line up. They form a straight line when you're wearing it!



The only problem is those horrible shoulder pads...those have gotta come out! They are really, really, 80's.

The buttons are beautiful:



Finally, some random knicknacks:




Alabaster jewelry box: $3.95
Birks - Glass and steel swans: $2.95 for the pair

I couldn't believe the jewelry box was so cheap! It's pretty big and just amazing. I think it would have been at least $20 anywhere else.

The wings sold me on the swans. They're moveable! Turns out they're salt holders, and I saw a pair on ebay go for around $100! Didn't expect that at all.

Finally found a mirrored vanity tray for $1.99, but this one's pretty small:



I can't wait for Monday !
Great finds especially that trench love the details. Nice deal on that jewelry box ad vanity.
May 8, 2013, 9:41pm   #4077
Raven3766's Avatar
Raven3766
Member
Originally Posted by KW1
Yay! Congrats!
Thank you!
May 8, 2013, 9:43pm   #4078
Raven3766's Avatar
Raven3766
Member
I have been on a designer roll...look at the $9 Celine shoes...Unfortunately, they are a soze 36 1/2, I am a
37 1/2...off to the bay....
http://
May 8, 2013, 9:44pm   #4079
Raven3766's Avatar
Raven3766
Member
Originally Posted by wildfury
Amazing! Congrats raven !
Thanks Wildfury. Now for the Chanel
May 8, 2013, 10:02pm   #4080
Raven3766's Avatar
Raven3766
Member
I placed another Hermes on the authentication thread. I think that one is fake. Someone take a look and tell me what you think?
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools