Home Shopping Resources General Shopping

Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Apr 16, 2013, 10:14am   #3181
Hey y'all. I'm a college student with expensive taste so (with the exception of bags) I thrift for almost all of my clothing buys. I've never posted a find, but have been lurking on this thread lately and am convinced its been giving me good juju. Every time I read it, get inspired, and head out I find something amazing!

I didn't take pictures of everything, but the best thing I found last week was...

An authentic (thanks for the info sdsurfchick) Hermes Monnaies et Symboles de Parisii by Zoe Pauwels (2006).. I paid $5!

Apr 16, 2013, 10:44am   #3182
the pen is my sword
Originally Posted by Tuuli35
My latest find from consignment store:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8524/8...209a60f5_z.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8534/8...e664d96f_z.jpg
What a great find, those are super cute! I would hate to be the consignor whose shoes only sold for $19 but lucky for you for sure!
Apr 16, 2013, 10:47am   #3183
the pen is my sword
Originally Posted by LisaK026
MYSTERY SOLVED
So I have had this LV bag for a while. I don't think I ever posted it here. I actually got it at the same Thrift Store where I found my Chanel. I always knew it was real, but was confused because there is no date stamp on it. Today I was watching You Tube Videos on bags (mostly Chanel) but I watched this on on LV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEV7_vpOM64 It is VERY interesting, I learned a lot! Everything she explained about authentic LV matched my bag. Then she said that before the '80's LV did not date stamp their bags. Mystery solved. By the way, I paid $35 for this bag.
That's a great find! Vintage LV is so amazing, and IMO better made than it is today. It looks like it's in great shape, too. Maybe in need of a little love to look as good as new.

Originally Posted by mharri20
So I shopped for about 3 hours today and ended up with some goodies!!!! I think the thrifting gods knew my birthday is tomorrow so they sent me good clothes :)

First: Joie silk top $6
Attachment 2142358

Equipment cashmere sweater $20
Attachment 2142359

My favorites...brown Jbrand leather pants!!! Current season! $15!!!! They retail for $1000!!! Not to mention they fit perfectly :)
Attachment 2142360

And lastly...an Herve Leger! New with all tags. They doubled the price and now they are $100 :/ but I couldn't resist!!
Attachment 2142361
Attachment 2142363
Happy birthday! That dress looks GREAT on you!

Originally Posted by Pao9
Finally thrifted something!!!! Lol! I went to El Rastro on Sunday. The biggest flea market in Europe and although there weren't many tents with used clothes there were some. Lots of digging required and spaniards yelling in your ears 1 Euro!!! 2 Euros!!! I walked into tiny antique store and right of the bat found a vintage velour Celine skirt and vintage Chanel sailor pants. Didn't buy them because they were huge and not my style. The shop had dozens of Celine ties but DH doesn't wear any:(

Then I found a tent and voila!!!!! Both were 10 each.
Attachment 2142665Attachment 2142666Attachment 2142667Attachment 2142668
Burberry jacket with diamond stitch
Attachment 2142669
Adolfo Dominguez tweed yellow jacket! Love!!!

Also forgot to show some pics of how my apt is turning out! It's not my style in general because my old apt was all uber modern and since the furniture here is older I had to opt for some funky elements
Attachment 2142671Attachment 2142672Attachment 2142673
These pillow make me think of Lazlo!! I thought they were the coolest thing ever! Lol
I absolutely love that yellow blazer. So perfect for Spring. Congrats on the finds!
Apr 16, 2013, 10:55am   #3184
Love your Mulberry and I think Laz's new math is 'da BOMB! I love to fund an indulgence this way:)
Apr 16, 2013, 11:14am   #3185
addicted to shopping
Originally Posted by jholtzm
Hey y'all. I'm a college student with expensive taste so (with the exception of bags) I thrift for almost all of my clothing buys. I've never posted a find, but have been lurking on this thread lately and am convinced its been giving me good juju. Every time I read it, get inspired, and head out I find something amazing!

I didn't take pictures of everything, but the best thing I found last week was...

An authentic (thanks for the info sdsurfchick) Hermes Monnaies et Symboles de Parisii by Zoe Pauwels (2006)..
Gorgeous!! I'm in college too (well for 24 more days anyway lol) and never pay retail! Love the scarf :)
Apr 16, 2013, 11:16am   #3186
addicted to shopping
Originally Posted by gottaluvmybags
That was my logic while shopping today. But I want to be good and save up for tuition- it's soo hard!!! A couple of my things sold at Decades and I so wanted to spend the money on this Rick Owens jacket but I'm really going to just take a step back and focus, too bad you can't thrift tuition!!
Ah a Rick Owens jacket?! How much are they asking? I can't be buying much either as we are trying to save up for the move since I won't get my first paycheck for a few weeks after I start...it's hard!!!!
Apr 16, 2013, 11:26am   #3187
Originally Posted by mharri20
Gorgeous!! I'm in college too (well for 24 more days anyway lol) and never pay retail! Love the scarf :)
Thanks mharri20, its my first Hermes and I love it! I'm been toying with the idea of being a great daughter and giving it to my mom though.

Congrats on the upcoming graduation.. mine is May 18th!
Apr 16, 2013, 11:46am   #3188
Awesome finds, as always! I went to visit my family last week and found a Louis Vuitton garment bag for $650 at an indoor flea market. It was gorgeous, but have no need for it. Especially at that price. It was still exciting to find it though! I just came across this on Pinterest. Perfect for all those thrift store ties!! http://pinterest.com/pin/210261876325586284/
Apr 16, 2013, 11:56am   #3189

An authentic (thanks for the info sdsurfchick) Hermes Monnaies et Symboles de Parisii by Zoe Pauwels (2006).. I paid $5!

http://i.imgur.com/KUX1pb0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hGPJ1J0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KD2nYIY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BKmaXdF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a1wIAhS.jpg
What a find!
Apr 16, 2013, 12:22pm   #3190
Hopelessly Addicted!
Okay found for my 25 year old skinny daughter, Earl jeans and Citizen of Humanity for $4.00 each. Ah I used to be that skinny but after 4 kids and two in my late 30s . I am stuck to wearing a curvy 31.
Apr 16, 2013, 3:02pm   #3191
Originally Posted by Black Elite
That's a great find! Vintage LV is so amazing, and IMO better made than it is today. It looks like it's in great shape, too. Maybe in need of a little love to look as good as new.
As is my opinion of most all high end bags - LV, Chane,l Prada, and even Marc Jacobs- the older ones are better made with more high quality materials and workmanship. The stitching on the handles of my LV needs some TLC though....it's my rain purse.
Apr 16, 2013, 3:59pm   #3192

]
LisaK.....complete score on the LV! What a find!
Tuuli...the MJs are so cool!
Laz.....I so enjoy hearing about your Sunday morning thrift outings!
Afisch....happy anniversary! Your vintage shoes are incredible
Gotta.....hope DD 5 has a completely magical birthday in the Magic Kingdom I wanna be 5....or at least have the wonder of a 5 year old at Disney
Jholtzm....love your H find! I have found all of my H scarves this way:)

Today I found white patent Hermes sandals!! And Herve Leger platform pumps(I did not know they made shoes but of course they would....
Apr 16, 2013, 4:03pm   #3193
For some reason I can't add photos to my above post.....$5.95 each pair
Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366146140.839983.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  61.4 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366146161.117837.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  142.5 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366146178.404551.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  64.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366146197.267311.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  90.0 KB
Apr 16, 2013, 4:07pm   #3194
Originally Posted by kcf68
Okay found for my 25 year old skinny daughter, Earl jeans and Citizen of Humanity for $4.00 each. Ah I used to be that skinny but after 4 kids and two in my late 30s . I am stuck to wearing a curvy 31.
I feel you on the curvy jeans....I have my 'goal' 28s hanging on the back of my closet door so I see them every morning when I get dressed.....
Apr 16, 2013, 4:13pm   #3195
Mharri....what incredible finds!! I love all of the amazing leather pants that the thrifty ladies here have found!

Pao......I hope you enjoyed the craziness of el Rastro. It was such a treasure hunt when I went years ago:)
Love your BB coat, it looks fantastic on you
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME Shopping Resources General Shopping