POST A REPLY

Jun 19, 2012, 12:52am   #1
e
I bought a sale item online a couple weeks ago from Saks.com, received it, didn't like it, and mailed it back using the pre-paid return label on June 6. It has now been nearly 2 weeks, but I still haven't gotten any updates on it. Thus, I decided to track it today, but to my horror, neither possible shipping carriers (USPS and FedEx) have my item in their records! I even called both customer services but no luck. I then thought that maybe my item is just in the process of being delivered but that the shipping carrier systems are slow with being updated? That, or Saks has received my item but hasn't processed my refund yet. And I must say, it was disappointing that most of the Saks reps I spoke to had nonchalant, uncaring attitudes. They also liked to continuously warn me that if my item isn't received within 14 business days, I get no refund whatsoever. Well, thanks for the caring...not!

Could someone tell me how long it generally takes for Saks returns to be processed, or whether anyone has had a similar situation? At the moment, I'm not sure whether my item is lost, is still in the process of being delivered, or if Saks has received it but hasn't refunded met yet. TIA!
Jun 19, 2012, 6:30am   #2
I think you should insist that customer service look into this. The prepaid label provided for return should have gotten the package back to SFA safely. Don't accept the non-caring attitude. And, I thought the return policy was 30 days!
Jun 19, 2012, 5:05pm   #3
m
You say neither FedEx nor USPS has updates on your tracking number. How did you send it back?
Jun 19, 2012, 7:12pm   #4
C
I always ask USPS or UPS for a receipt when I drop it off at the post office or at a ups store. The receipt is free and shows that I did indeed drop a package off on a specific date.
Jun 19, 2012, 8:23pm   #5
I just did this recently and it took exactly two weeks for them to receive my item, scan it back in the system, and send me an email to say they've received it. I actually called customer svc as well coz I forgot to write down the tracking number and they were able to see where the item was and when they expect to receive it.

Oh and I thought they use USPS for returns?
Jun 20, 2012, 12:05am   #6
e
Originally Posted by 50wishes
I think you should insist that customer service look into this. The prepaid label provided for return should have gotten the package back to SFA safely. Don't accept the non-caring attitude. And, I thought the return policy was 30 days!
Thanks for the advice! I called their CS today and they said they will launch an investigation and look into it... Hopefully they find my package!
Jun 20, 2012, 12:08am   #7
e
Originally Posted by mashanyc
You say neither FedEx nor USPS has updates on your tracking number. How did you send it back?
I dropped it off at a mini-USPS shipping kiosk that is located inside an Office Depot store. After telling the shipping clerk, I just left it on the counter, but it was extremely stupid on my part for not getting a shipping receipt.
Jun 20, 2012, 12:09am   #8
e
Originally Posted by Cyndeepink
I always ask USPS or UPS for a receipt when I drop it off at the post office or at a ups store. The receipt is free and shows that I did indeed drop a package off on a specific date.
Yeah, I definitely learned my lesson. It was stupid on my part for not getting a shipping receipt.
Jun 20, 2012, 12:14am   #9
e
Originally Posted by love2shop_26
I just did this recently and it took exactly two weeks for them to receive my item, scan it back in the system, and send me an email to say they've received it. I actually called customer svc as well coz I forgot to write down the tracking number and they were able to see where the item was and when they expect to receive it.

Oh and I thought they use USPS for returns?
Ohhh, hopefully mine ends up as smoothly as yours did! I am pretty sure my shipping label was USPS, but when I spoke with a representative yesterday, they said it might have been FedEx, which caused me to freak out! However, when I checked with the shipping kiosk where I had dropped off my package at, they said they only accept USPS or UPS packages, so it has to be USPS.
Jun 20, 2012, 2:13am   #10
Originally Posted by emmachoos
Thanks for the advice! I called their CS today and they said they will launch an investigation and look into it... Hopefully they find my package!

Great, it's their job to make sure you are happy! Hopefully they will find it or refund your money!
Jun 20, 2012, 5:35am   #11
M
I hope they find your packages! I'm having the same issue with two UPS packages that I sent back for returns...they are not showing up in the system as being "shipped" (i.e., picked up by UPS). Grrr.
Jun 20, 2012, 4:35pm   #12
h
By any chance did you write down the shipping code # that is on the

pre-printed label?? Did you use a SFA credit card or another cc??
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources General Shopping