Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

**NORDSTROM Price Match Discussion Thread**

POST A REPLY

Sep 1, 2006, 9:51pm   #1
M
MuzMars
My fantastic SA...(how fickles am I) did match Bloomingdales price via her store manager. Later in the day the buying office was in the loop...and agreed with the policy. Have fun ladies...wait no longer... maggie

Catch me if you can...I'm at 33.

Sep 1, 2006, 10:01pm   #2
piperlu
What did you get? Did you do all of this over the phone? Which Nordstrom's? Who do I call? Sorry for all the questions. I missed out on the MJ Bowler and Quilted Hobo last night.
Sep 1, 2006, 11:07pm   #3
M
MuzMars
Hi I responded to your other message. I went in person. My store is out. The buying office confirmed. They are in Seattle for my area. I got the hobo. There were about 20 hobo's still in the system and a bunch of bowlers...maggie
Sep 2, 2006, 12:04am   #4
oahctrec
Congrats! =) I'm still waiting for the call back on mine. They said they had to contact the buyer.. but that's weird because I'm in Portland, OR very close to the Seattle store. The dwntwn nordys placed one on hold for me though. Maybe I'll have to go down there tomorrow?
Sep 2, 2006, 12:16am   #5
thithi
::pretty:tough::
I think they are out of hobos, my SA looked tonight and she couldn't find any! At least none that could transfer...
Sep 2, 2006, 1:21am   #6
nat_attak
wow so you got the hobo!?!?! crazy!! how much did you get it for?? i read that they couldnt' match the extra 40% off. let me know please!! tomorrow, i'm going to call my local nordies.
Sep 2, 2006, 9:59am   #7
Sunnydqt
Sunny
Can you post pics when you get it? I would love to see it! :)
Sep 2, 2006, 10:27am   #8
M
MuzMars
My SA and I got on the Bloomies web site and we put in an order without completing it but she was able to see the code change the price first hand. Some of the handbags that Bloomies had on the sale are new for fall. She was not concerned about the older styles but the new ones like the sling. There is supposed to be an agreement from Marc that mark downs happen at the same time across the stores. The hobo has two style numbers. Both are black on black versus the one that was blue stitching on black. Your sa may be putting in the one style number but not the other. When we looked last night there were about 20 or so hobos left. I'm not sure how much they transfer any more or if you have to DTC them. maggie
Sep 2, 2006, 8:23pm   #9
thithi
::pretty:tough::
are we talking about the quilted hobo or the classic? She said as of friday am there were only 5 black quilted hobos across all stores... I'm sure they are sold out by now!
Sep 2, 2006, 8:25pm   #10
elongreach
140 lbs lighter
I'm lost. What hobo is everyone talking about? What's with all the short sentences? Is there another thread that this is in reference to?
Sep 2, 2006, 8:31pm   #11
piperlu
These ladies got the quilted hobo. I missed out on it because I tried to get it and the bowler the next morning. So, I ended up ordering the MJ Classic Hobo (I hope I like it, as I have not seen it IRL). I got it after all the discount for $358. I think it was originally $1200.

I also got a MJ wallet for only $153. I just wish I would not have waited so long and I could have bought so much more.
Sep 2, 2006, 11:25pm   #12
M
MuzMars
Yes there is another thread... it's the one that talks about and extra 40 ooff at Bloomindales by putting in 40sale as the promo code. As of today at about 4 pm ...there are about 20 quilted hobo's at Nordstrom and about 6 large bowlers. This reference is to the 4-5 Marc Jacob bags that were listed on the Bloomingdale site day before yesterday. Some of these are gone now since they are sold out at Bloomies on line..however Nordstroms is matching prices so I went and bought my quilted Banana Hobo in black from Nordstrom. hopes this helps. maggie
Sep 2, 2006, 11:31pm   #13
M
MuzMars
Got these Marc Jacobs bags:

About 60% off retail when you total everything!
Sep 2, 2006, 11:33pm   #14
M
MuzMars
I cut and pasted from that web site best I could..got some text that isn't mine. These are some of the bags. I personally bought the round hobo and am waiting for the bowler to ship to my store. The bottom bag is new for fall.
There are two Nordstrom style numbers. If your SA types in one there are hardly any hobo's but the other style has about 20. The bags are exactly alike it just references when they were issued. maggie
Sep 3, 2006, 3:13pm   #15
nat_attak
aereodyte - you said something about the 40% off (40sale) code that the SA can clearly see. so how does the SA at nordstrom go through with the matching. did she match the extra 40% as well?? did the buying office OK'ed it? i'm actually waiting for my other SA at nordstrom to call me back. she's trying to locate the bowler. i hope they can price match everything!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >