Home Shopping Resources General Shopping

Experiences with Bag Borrow or Steal

POST A REPLY

Apr 20, 2010, 6:35pm   #61
dreaming of Coach...
Most of the prices they've quoted to me have been ridiculously low as well. I've already declined half while thinking on the others!
Apr 20, 2010, 6:49pm   #62
h
their prices are low and many unhappy sellers....would explore other options..
Apr 21, 2010, 12:31am   #63
They've offered me $427 for a Burberry Mini Manor that I maybe used 5 times (it's pristine!) I bought it in 2008 and have rarely used it, it's just too small. Do you think that's a fair price? I have it ready to ship but my palms are sweatin! Any input would be great. TIA!
Apr 21, 2010, 9:47am   #64
I shipped them my bag last wednesday. It was going from Ny to Wisconsin, their site still does not show it received. Theya re telling me that it takes 6 days from NY to Wisconsin and then another 6 days to authenticate it. They can't even tell me if my bag has been received yet or not. Also, the shipping labels they send you don't have tracking on them! The whole system is a disaster IMO!

My bag is out there in no man's land, and I have no money for it and whenever I call BBOS, I get standard read from a script answers! Big mistake this was, big mistake!
Apr 21, 2010, 3:28pm   #65
Just this past week I submitted requests to Yoogis and BBOS. BBOS gave me significantly better offers that Yoogis, so I chose to sell to BBOS. I printed the shipping labels for each purse and sent them off yesterday with sig confirmation and insurance. BBOS recommends you use insurance, and I wanted to use sig confirmation so I could track the package and know when BBOS receives it. Now it is just a waiting game to see how this all turns out. I will update everyone though as to my experience.

Also I have tried selling each of these bags on eBay multiple times, have tried selling locally through craigslist for over 8 months, and have tried selling through a local upscale consignment shop with no serious takers. The prices that BBOS offered me were more than anyone had offered me any other way I have attempted to sell them. They basically offered me 43-44% of my original purchase cost for the bags, which was fine with me since I do not see bags as an investment or even a decent money return unless it is a rare, limited edition bag.

I hope I have a positive experience with BBOS, but we will see! Good luck to everyone else selling with them!
Apr 21, 2010, 3:48pm   #66
Originally Posted by Nishi621
I just sold them a bag last week. I sent it off a week ago and it still has not been received by them yet! I hate the idea that they get my bag before I see any money.

Also, the shipping label they sent me had no tracking on it. Now reading here that it may take a total of 2 to 3 weeks turn around time to get my money? That is not the understanding I had from their site! I am very unhappy right now with all of this!
i sent them 5 bags, and it took about 2 wks for them to process. I added signature for delivery at post office. you should always got tracking to know they receive them. Their offers are low for premium designers ( chanel, BV, prada) which i skipped them, but for Coach and Burberry and Kate Spade are reasonable, plus it's harder to consign second tier designer bags other place else.
Apr 21, 2010, 3:50pm   #67
^^ and i did receive the checks in 2 wks from the time to sent them off. I have no problems with them. I'm about to send in my second shipment.
Apr 21, 2010, 4:00pm   #68
I submitted a bag yesterday. It's a gorgeous suede Kate Spade hobo bag. Retailed for about $450. Granted, it is a few years old but it looks brand new and is not dated looking at all. They offered me $64 for it! Grrr. I don't really want to let it go for that. I think I'd rather take my chances on eBay!
Apr 21, 2010, 7:27pm   #69
v
less than 25 % of the original purchase price on Gucci and LV items I had never carried or worn
Apr 21, 2010, 8:16pm   #70
Originally Posted by anteaterquaker
i sent them 5 bags, and it took about 2 wks for them to process. I added signature for delivery at post office. you should always got tracking to know they receive them. Their offers are low for premium designers ( chanel, BV, prada) which i skipped them, but for Coach and Burberry and Kate Spade are reasonable, plus it's harder to consign second tier designer bags other place else.
Well, stupid me didn;t get signature confirmation, I just used their label straight up. I don't know what I was thinking.
Apr 22, 2010, 4:56pm   #71
Originally Posted by DivineMissM
I submitted a bag yesterday. It's a gorgeous suede Kate Spade hobo bag. Retailed for about $450. Granted, it is a few years old but it looks brand new and is not dated looking at all. They offered me $64 for it! Grrr. I don't really want to let it go for that. I think I'd rather take my chances on eBay!
Kate Spade never retains value, even on the bay, even if your bag is NWT attached. There's only a small followers on Kate Spade and they have sales many times in a year. good luck with your sale
Apr 22, 2010, 8:00pm   #72
Originally Posted by lov
Well ladies, I have an update. I received an email from erin the customer service manager that they were going to be accepting all but one of my bags. She told me the price they would send me in form of A check. I agreed. She said they would send the other bag back to me. Long story short. It has been almost 2 weeks and I have NOT received my bag back and as far as the 536 dollars they were supposed to send me (Mind you this is not referring to the very first bag i sold them that i posted about) anyways, as far as the 536 dollars they were supposed to send me for the other 3 bags and 1 wallet, they only sent me 80.00. I have called and emailed customer service and have not gotten a response. If I dont hear back soon, I will be contacting my attorney. So I guess all I can say now to this whole selling to avelle is BEWARE.
OMG, I'm so sorry. Have you heard anything from them yet?
Apr 22, 2010, 9:19pm   #73
C
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by Nishi621
Well, stupid me didn;t get signature confirmation, I just used their label straight up. I don't know what I was thinking.
I have sent them 3 bags using their USPS labels (they used to do UPS - I sent them a couple that way with no worries). I freaked out every SECOND until I got my checks. I have sold them OVER 25 items, and the last 20 or so have been sent to them on my own dime. I'd rather pay postage/insurance/DC and make SURE that they get there. And my stupid post office said I can't use their prepaid labels and add my own insurance/DC, I had to pay the ENTIRE cost if I wanted the extra services. With the great quotes they've given me on my Coach stuff, it is well worth it to me to pay the extra for shipping.
Apr 22, 2010, 10:04pm   #74
L
I sent out a bag today using their USPS label. I went to my PO to send it out. I paid $5 for ins. and D/C.
Apr 23, 2010, 9:52am   #75
It does take them a while to get items back to you. On average it has taken me 4 weeks to send an item and get a check. I too was told that they are going to send a few of my items back and have yet to see them. They have been great otherwise and offer fair prices. I just hope when I receive my items back they are mine!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources General Shopping