Home Shopping Resources General Shopping

Experiences with Bag Borrow or Steal

POST A REPLY

Aug 4, 2012, 11:18am   #646
h
Yesterday, they told me "1-2 more business days" before I would hear back. I do not trust this at all. They said they were experiencing delays due to the "popularity of the program". How about you staff up as your volumes increase? I did notice that they publish no expected turnaround times on their website. I just keep my fingers crossed that I will actually get my money.
Aug 4, 2012, 11:57am   #647
Originally Posted by handbags4me
Yesterday, they told me "1-2 more business days" before I would hear back. I do not trust this at all. They said they were experiencing delays due to the "popularity of the program". How about you staff up as your volumes increase? I did notice that they publish no expected turnaround times on their website. I just keep my fingers crossed that I will actually get my money.
I thought when I researched this to sell to them it said 10 days?
Aug 4, 2012, 2:55pm   #648
Midlife...no crisis!
I have sold a lot of bags to them...they are notorious for being slow. Also, I sent a pair of Burberry wedges to them that had never been worn in the dust bag. They sent them back and said that they couldn't verify that they were real. I had sent the receipt from the Burberry Outlet with the shoes...the real reason they returned them to me? I had paid $70 for them and they had quoted me $90. Be careful with them-they are very sneaky.
Aug 4, 2012, 10:46pm   #649
Originally Posted by JNH14
I have sold a lot of bags to them...they are notorious for being slow. Also, I sent a pair of Burberry wedges to them that had never been worn in the dust bag. They sent them back and said that they couldn't verify that they were real. I had sent the receipt from the Burberry Outlet with the shoes...the real reason they returned them to me? I had paid $70 for them and they had quoted me $90. Be careful with them-they are very sneaky.
I'm just wanting to hear something from them! All I've gotten is the email saying the bag has been received. Curious to see if they agree with the condition that I described the bag as.
Aug 6, 2012, 11:01am   #650
I got an email from them this morning saying my check is in the mail finally!
Aug 7, 2012, 9:58am   #651
Originally Posted by queeniegirl
I got an email from them this morning saying my check is in the mail finally!
I glad for you. Hope you get your money soon.

I never sell to them. Almost....but their quote was not as competitive as Yoogi's Closet. I recently sold two of my bags; one to Yoogi's closet and another to Fashionphile. Compared to you, my experience was very positive. Yoogi's closet was very professional. I was impressed and highly recommended. The whole process was clearly identified and their responses were prompt. For example, I mailed my bag via UPS on Monday. It was delivered on Wednesday. Thursday, Yoogi sent an email with an offer awaiting for my acceptance. I did reply back right away. The next day my check was mailed and I got my money two days later.

As for fashionphile, they dragged the whole process for two weeks before sending my check. In short, they waited for a whole week before acknowledged the acceptance. Another whole week before sending out a check. I called them twice during the process. At least you know, it was about 2 weeks no more. But if you live in the area (Beverly hills), I would recommend you go to their shop in person and get your check right away.
Aug 12, 2012, 4:38pm   #652
I wish I saw this thread before I sent my bags in. They were received August 1 according to UPS tracking. I always get an email a day later saying it is being received then a couple days later check is in the mail email. I sent a customer service email and received no answer so I did the live chat on the 7th and she said due to popularity they were behind and eventuating those received on the 23rd!! I sent in 3 bags, 3 wallets, 1 wristlet and a pair of sunglasses. I have an outlet trip planned on the 19th and was going to use the money there. I am so pissed if I have a certain amount of time to accept and get items to them they should have a time frame to inspect and pay.
Aug 14, 2012, 9:04am   #653
d
doodle10
Originally Posted by diva7633
I wish I saw this thread before I sent my bags in. They were received August 1 according to UPS tracking. I always get an email a day later saying it is being received then a couple days later check is in the mail email. I sent a customer service email and received no answer so I did the live chat on the 7th and she said due to popularity they were behind and eventuating those received on the 23rd!! I sent in 3 bags, 3 wallets, 1 wristlet and a pair of sunglasses. I have an outlet trip planned on the 19th and was going to use the money there. I am so pissed if I have a certain amount of time to accept and get items to them they should have a time frame to inspect and pay.
Same here! Sent my bag in August 6 and when I asked about the status of the bag, I got the "popularity of the program" spiel. If they want to continue being popular, maybe they should just get off their lazy bums and process them quickly! I've sold to Yoogi's closet before and it was so quick- although like the previous TPF'er, BBOS offered me a higher price. Really regretting sending the bag in now. Any chance you'd know someone I can talk to to get this process sped up a bit?

I'm down 2 bags of my collection and would like to go on an eBay shopping spree to replace them!! UGH BBOS!
Aug 14, 2012, 9:07am   #654
p
I don't know why u ladies keep sending your bags there after all the trouble I've heard about. I'd rather post them up on eBay myself or sell outright to a consignment shop.
Aug 14, 2012, 9:48am   #655
Originally Posted by doodle10
Same here! Sent my bag in August 6 and when I asked about the status of the bag, I got the "popularity of the program" spiel. If they want to continue being popular, maybe they should just get off their lazy bums and process them quickly! I've sold to Yoogi's closet before and it was so quick- although like the previous TPF'er, BBOS offered me a higher price. Really regretting sending the bag in now. Any chance you'd know someone I can talk to to get this process sped up a bit?

I'm down 2 bags of my collection and would like to go on an eBay shopping spree to replace them!! UGH BBOS!
IKR. Yesterday I chatted live since they do not answer email and they said they were processing July 26. I complained that not only had I not received an email saying packages were received (I know they were from tracking...but still) and she claimed they are getting 500 bags a day and working as fast as they can. Umm a week ago you were on July 23 so pretty sure you can work faster. I asked to speak to someone who could give a solid answer and make something happen she told me I had to call. After arguing that calling would have same results I called got same answer. I would have loved to ask to speak to a manager but I had spent too much time already and my 2 year old and 2 month old both needed to be attended too. I have an outlet trip planned on Sunday and this was going to fund it. I have never had this experience with them. If you find someone I can complain to (higher up) let me know and I will do same. GL
Aug 14, 2012, 9:49am   #656
Originally Posted by poppers986
I don't know why u ladies keep sending your bags there after all the trouble I've heard about. I'd rather post them up on eBay myself or sell outright to a consignment shop.
Because I have sold to them for years and have never had 1 issue until now
Aug 14, 2012, 11:45am   #657
L
I send my bags to sell to them because Yoogi's did not accept it due to style and BBOS gave me a fair price for my items. The consignment shops in my area will give me a low offer for my items. I know BBOS is very slow, but I prefer to sell to them rather than selling the item on eBay.
Aug 14, 2012, 9:08pm   #658
Because they gave me the best price. I did try to sell on eBay. No bids. I did get my check. Exactly the quoted price. My only complaint is the long wait for my check.
Aug 15, 2012, 1:18pm   #659
d
doodle10
Originally Posted by diva7633
IKR. Yesterday I chatted live since they do not answer email and they said they were processing July 26. I complained that not only had I not received an email saying packages were received (I know they were from tracking...but still) and she claimed they are getting 500 bags a day and working as fast as they can. Umm a week ago you were on July 23 so pretty sure you can work faster. I asked to speak to someone who could give a solid answer and make something happen she told me I had to call. After arguing that calling would have same results I called got same answer. I would have loved to ask to speak to a manager but I had spent too much time already and my 2 year old and 2 month old both needed to be attended too. I have an outlet trip planned on Sunday and this was going to fund it. I have never had this experience with them. If you find someone I can complain to (higher up) let me know and I will do same. GL
I called them and said I refuse to hear the "popular part of the business" or whatever nonsense they're cooking up and told them to send me back the bag. I then asked if she could copy me on the email to the shipping department to send me the bag and she flat-out refused. When I asked for a direct contact, they said they dont have a contact #. I basically got fed a lot of crap and for some reason, I have a feeling they're not going to send me my bag back either.

Bye bye my sweet Prada. Not to mention my hard earned money and sweat and tears. Unless of course, they decide to get their act together and send me that check!
Aug 15, 2012, 1:31pm   #660
They offered me $800.00 for a $1875.00 Balenciaga bag in mint condition. NO WAY!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources General Shopping