Home Shopping Resources General Shopping

Experiences with Bag Borrow or Steal

POST A REPLY

Apr 15, 2010, 5:00pm   #46
m
Account Deactivated
They always offer a low price and then sell the item for so much more. It is not fair.
Apr 15, 2010, 5:01pm   #47
h
think that there are better options to explore.. BBOS would resort as the very last option

to explore.. low ball offers and prices that are not appropriate, IMO..
Apr 15, 2010, 5:23pm   #48
m
Account Deactivated
I agree with hotshot.
Apr 15, 2010, 7:06pm   #49
Yeah, it's bad
I've experienced both with BBOS. Some bags they've offered me redic high prices on, others way less than the bag was paid for/worth and they were all NWT>
Apr 15, 2010, 11:25pm   #50
C
Account Deactivated
For everything I've sent in, their quotes have been equal to what I purchased the item for, or better. And they take no fees out whatsoever - they even pay shipping. And I've never had them reduce the amount for cleaning fees, but I keep all my bags immaculate, so there's nothing to be cleaned. And I personally couldn't care less how much they resell it for - I am just happy for a hassle- free transaction with a good $$$ return.
Apr 15, 2010, 11:27pm   #51
C
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by mulberrymaster
They always offer a low price and then sell the item for so much more. It is not fair.
How is it not fair? I don't understand. They are in business to make money. And that's the premise of ANY consignment shop - buy low, sell high. You can always consign to other sites.
Apr 16, 2010, 6:58am   #52
Ready for Summer!!
Originally Posted by CoachGirlJami
For everything I've sent in, their quotes have been equal to what I purchased the item for, or better. And they take no fees out whatsoever - they even pay shipping. And I've never had them reduce the amount for cleaning fees, but I keep all my bags immaculate, so there's nothing to be cleaned. And I personally couldn't care less how much they resell it for - I am just happy for a hassle- free transaction with a good $$$ return.

I totally agree. I've sold them a few things that I actually couldn't sell on eBay, plus I didn't have to pay any fees or shipping, which is half my profit these days. They can resell it for whatever they want to, IMO, as long as I get the price I want out of it. I would MUCH rather deal with BBOS than crazy eBay buyers!
Apr 16, 2010, 7:23am   #53
Coached Out
I have a few things lying around and may try to pursue them through BBOS. Just can't deal with eBay. I was sweating bullets with one transaction last year. eBay just makes me too nervous to bother anymore.
Apr 20, 2010, 8:22am   #54
I just sold them a bag last week. I sent it off a week ago and it still has not been received by them yet! I hate the idea that they get my bag before I see any money.

Also, the shipping label they sent me had no tracking on it. Now reading here that it may take a total of 2 to 3 weeks turn around time to get my money? That is not the understanding I had from their site! I am very unhappy right now with all of this!
Apr 20, 2010, 8:35am   #55
Peace Love & Purses
I have sold 5 bags to them. They used to do UPS, but they switched to USPS. I got my $$ within 7 days after they received my bags. Their prices were ok that they offered me, but they're resale is RIDICULOUS! Example: I sold them a Burberry Manor from 2007 for $300, it's not for sale on their website for $1200!!!
Overall, I would recommend... I'm happy with their service. Plus, they gave me higher quotes than Fashionphile and Yoogi's Closet.
Apr 20, 2010, 9:11am   #56
7 days after receiving the bag? Yikes! And it takes them about a week to receive it? So, all in all, about 2 weeks? That is too long IMO for them to have my bag and for me to not have the money. And their mark up is crazy.

Lesson learned, i will never, ever, ever sell to them again.
Apr 20, 2010, 10:30am   #57
Butterflies & Books
Do they only take current styles? I have a few older Coaches (not vintage) that have very little if any wear that I'm looking to unload, and I'd rather not try to sell them on eBay.
Apr 20, 2010, 10:52am   #58
Peace Love & Purses
The good thing about Avelle is they'll take just about anything. As long as it's in good condition.
Apr 20, 2010, 2:34pm   #59
l
lov
Well ladies, I have an update. I received an email from erin the customer service manager that they were going to be accepting all but one of my bags. She told me the price they would send me in form of A check. I agreed. She said they would send the other bag back to me. Long story short. It has been almost 2 weeks and I have NOT received my bag back and as far as the 536 dollars they were supposed to send me (Mind you this is not referring to the very first bag i sold them that i posted about) anyways, as far as the 536 dollars they were supposed to send me for the other 3 bags and 1 wallet, they only sent me 80.00. I have called and emailed customer service and have not gotten a response. If I dont hear back soon, I will be contacting my attorney. So I guess all I can say now to this whole selling to avelle is BEWARE.
Last edited Apr 20, 2010 at 2:35pm. Reason: typo
Apr 20, 2010, 3:48pm   #60
Butterflies & Books
Thanks, LabelLover. I may give them a whirl.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources General Shopping