Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Banned from making too many returns? - Share your experiences!

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jul 23, 2012, 8:02am   #256
Shopmore's Avatar
Shopmore
Member
Originally Posted by ahpeste
I made so many returns on Zara, more than what I have kept. We dont have a Zara store around. I love their blazers but the sizing sucks :-(. Do u think they will ban me?
I often wonder about the same thing about being banned. I try to at least not return everything to one particular store so luckily I have 3 around me.
Sep 23, 2012, 2:50pm   #257
C
Cullinan
Account Deactivated
I returned 2 pairs of jeans because the 3rd identical pair I'd bought had gone inti holes in a matter of weeks and they were $250 each!!!

The merchant accepted them but refused to refund me so I had to get the credit card to get my money back.
Sep 23, 2012, 2:51pm   #258
M
Morisa
Member
Originally Posted by Cullinan
I returned 2 pairs of jeans because the 3rd identical pair I'd bought had gone inti holes in a matter of weeks and they were $250 each!!!

The merchant accepted them but refused to refund me so I had to get the credit card to get my money back.
Which merchant was this?
Sep 23, 2012, 10:55pm   #259
e
elvisgurly
Member
Originally Posted by ellemarie99
You definitely shouldn't feel bad! The type of returner I take issue with is not someone like you, or me, for that matter who returns infrequently. What I'm remembering is the lady who would come into the store, spend three or four hours, be demanding, rude and go so far as to make me try on the clothes so she could see how they looked. She would spend a grand, and then return it all a week or so later reeking of cigarette smoke, and now unsellable. A month or two later she would do it again. If we seemed at all unwilling to help she would threaten to sue.

These databases won't harm infrequent returners. My friend at Anne Taylor said theirs flagged at something like ten returns a month.
I work in retail and hate, hate, hate when people return clothing that reeks of cigarette smoke! Whenever someone does I always defect the items, because who wants to try on/buy items that smell like an ashtray?

What I've found odd lately is the amount of people who are coming in for returns without a receipt. Losing your receipt for a few small items is understandable, but not holding on to your receipt for a television or a gaming system is a bit odd.
Sep 23, 2012, 11:07pm   #260
e
elvisgurly
Member
Originally Posted by BigPurseSue
Totally Agree. An aunt used to work as a manager at a fancy dept. store. She said people would routinely come in with armloads of clothing from their dead aunt's closet, stuff that had been purchased 30 years before, and was often worn, and insist on returning it because it had store labels sewn into it. Because of the store's liberal return policy they had to accept the return, negotiating some sort of price if only to keep the person from going ballistic on the store floor. Then of course they had to call the Goodwill.
Now that is what I call ridiculous.

Too bad they weren't nice enough to donate it to GoodWill in the first place.
Sep 28, 2012, 10:58am   #261
LadyEnoki's Avatar
LadyEnoki
Member
My bf calls me returny returns a lot. Mostly for shoes. Sometimes u don't notice problems while in the store.
Sep 28, 2012, 1:04pm   #262
tokki_x's Avatar
tokki_x
Member
Originally Posted by OlgaMUA
I've heard that if stores suspect that you are buying to resell (like on ebay), they watch more closely.... because some people buy the item, then list it, if it doesn't sell, they return it.

On the other hand, some people are just chronic returners. Many moons ago when I worked retail, we had this one woman who would return EVERYTHING.. One day the woman was interested in a jacket, but it had a small defect.. so the manager gave her a discount.. manager decided to write "final sale" on the slip because of the special discount. Mid-way through the transaction, the customer backed out of the purchase and we never saw her again.
I've heard of people who "only wear things once" but doesn't have the money to pay for them does buys-wears-return. People like this do deserved to be banned.
Sep 28, 2012, 3:09pm   #263
d-girl1011's Avatar
d-girl1011
super stylin' nerd
Originally Posted by LadyEnoki
My bf calls me returny returns a lot. Mostly for shoes. Sometimes u don't notice problems while in the store.
I am exactly the same way -sometimes i don't notice that the shoe or piece of clothing doesn't look quite right.
Sep 30, 2012, 11:56pm   #264
s
shopmaniac
Member
My brother says that I'm the queen of returns but in reality I don't actually return things that often, if I have my eye on something (usually a purse) I try to hold off as long as I can and won't return it unless it either goes on sale or I decide that I don't like it as much as I thought I did. I've seen many instances (especially at Kohls) where I guess people buy TONS of stuff and then wait for a coupon and then go return ALL the stuff to re-buy again with the coupon. Totally annoying!
Oct 13, 2012, 10:07pm   #265
p
petiteme
Member
This is literally one of my fears. I experience terrible buyer's remorse ALL THE TIME.
Oct 14, 2012, 1:46pm   #266
anthrosphere's Avatar
anthrosphere
Member
My mom has been returning almost $100 worth of clothes at Macys, Kohls and Ross for several years now. she also has the Macys card too. She still hasn't been banned from returns yet.

She buys a bunch of clothes, keeps them for weeks, months and years, then returns them. My dad notices this and complains about it. My mom says "that's the fun of it." I am afraid she will get banned one day, since I like to return to those stores and buy clothes. But time will tell.
Oct 14, 2012, 9:54pm   #267
renza's Avatar
renza
Member
Originally Posted by anthrosphere
My mom has been returning almost $100 worth of clothes at Macys, Kohls and Ross for several years now. she also has the Macys card too. She still hasn't been banned from returns yet.

She buys a bunch of clothes, keeps them for weeks, months and years, then returns them. My dad notices this and complains about it. My mom says "that's the fun of it." I am afraid she will get banned one day, since I like to return to those stores and buy clothes. But time will tell.
Are you saying that your mom keeps the items, unworn, for long periods of time and then decides to return them? Or does she actually wear them and then return?
Oct 14, 2012, 9:59pm   #268
anthrosphere's Avatar
anthrosphere
Member
No, she keeps the clothes unworn with tags still attached. They just sit on her closet for a long period of time. Then she will tell me that she doesn't like the clothes anymore (or she won't wear them) and she returns it.

She will never return clothes with the tags removed. I'm sure she's well aware of that.
Last edited Oct 14, 2012 at 10:08pm.
Oct 14, 2012, 10:02pm   #269
devoted7's Avatar
devoted7
Member
Originally Posted by elvisgurly
I work in retail and hate, hate, hate when people return clothing that reeks of cigarette smoke! Whenever someone does I always defect the items, because who wants to try on/buy items that smell like an ashtray?

What I've found odd lately is the amount of people who are coming in for returns without a receipt. Losing your receipt for a few small items is understandable, but not holding on to your receipt for a television or a gaming system is a bit odd.
I know a lot of people that work in retail and I'm not saying all but most people that return without a receipt stole it! but most companies can now pull up your information if you charged it on a card.
Oct 15, 2012, 1:58pm   #270
J
Jenycuatro
Member
This worries me now that I've read this thread. I've never heard of banning a "return shopper" from a store until now. I online shop at Nieman Marcus ALL the time but 75% of what I purchase gets returned, due to sizing issues.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools