Home The Playground General Discussion

Your PF Username - How did you come up with it?

POST A REPLY

Apr 30, 2012, 3:05pm   #826
L
I joined to ask questions for buying bags n such for my gf. I have no idea, hence I am in lost in bagland
Apr 30, 2012, 3:09pm   #827
Living the dream...
^cute...lol

nothing too interesting here...just my initials.
Dec 11, 2012, 6:49pm   #828
This has probably already been done before at some point (not since I have been here), but as new members come in, I think it would be fun. I am stealing it from my Horse Forum, we had a lot of fun with it.

The question is.........how did you come up with your TPF "handle"? Over on the horse forum it was surprising how many seemed obvious but they weren't.....came from some pretty interesting stories. I will go first, though, mine is pretty boring.

The large Sophia is my favorite bag, it is the whole reason I got into Coach into the first place. I love to call my bags my little "Sophies", and like most of us on here I love fashion and clothes, and try to be chic. Hence.....'SophieChic'.

Anyone else feel like playing?
Dec 11, 2012, 6:55pm   #829
I will, I got this name because yellow is one of my favorite colors, and bernie was the name of my beloved Shih Tzu, and he was a golden/white color.
Dec 11, 2012, 6:55pm   #830
Coachaholic
I have the name I do because I'm a coffee fiend. I LOVE coffee, I NEED coffee!
Dec 11, 2012, 6:57pm   #831
Mine is an old nickname that was spun off my name. It has many spellings and pronunciations: T-rash, the Rash, etc. No I didn't have a rash and I'm not trashy, but some of my friends started it in high school and it just continued from there LOL it sounds stupid, but I used it for an old email address and then started using it here!
Dec 11, 2012, 6:59pm   #832
Mine is because my family in Hungary were gypsies and I always felt like I am one too, I travel quite a bit. And I am an avid animal person and have two spoiled dogs which rule my life.

Soooo CanineGypsy. It works in my head.
Dec 11, 2012, 6:59pm   #833
Britexmom
My name, Britexmom, is a mix of me..... I am a Brit ( as in British ), I live in Texas ... Hence the tex part and I am a mom
Dec 11, 2012, 6:59pm   #834
~Totes & Pockets~
My two obsessions: Shoes & bags.
Dec 11, 2012, 7:08pm   #835
Mine is from my eBay name. I used to sell tons of children's clothes and my name was NeverWearItTwice.
Dec 11, 2012, 7:08pm   #836
purse fickle
My name is Emily, and when I was little, my dad called me "emilybug"....he even made up a song and incorporated the name. My younger half sister was nicknamed "jellybean". We all had nicknames; my mom was "O Wise One" and my stepmom is "The Captain".
Dec 11, 2012, 7:12pm   #837
Bag Girl!
Originally Posted by SophieChic
This has probably already been done before at some point (not since I have been here), but as new members come in, I think it would be fun. I am stealing it from my Horse Forum, we had a lot of fun with it.

The question is.........how did you come up with your TPF "handle"? Over on the horse forum it was surprising how many seemed obvious but they weren't.....came from some pretty interesting stories. I will go first, though, mine is pretty boring.

The large Sophia is my favorite bag, it is the whole reason I got into Coach into the first place. I love to call my bags my little "Sophies", and like most of us on here I love fashion and clothes, and try to be chic. Hence.....'SophieChic'.

Anyone else feel like playing?

My son was born on Halloween!
Dec 11, 2012, 7:13pm   #838
May Alight Upon You
My handle is SO old... I've used it since 1998! This story may end up sounding silly... as I was 15 when I made up this handle!

My favorite album was Goo Goo Doll's "Dizzy Up the Girl" (it is still one of my favorite albums of all time!) and I LOVE butterflies. One of my favorite quotes about butterflies is: “Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you” (Nathaniel Hawthorne) Whenever I see a butterfly, I think they look dizzy as they fly around and they always bring a smile to my face.

I was sitting in front of the AOL IM "screen name" screen trying to figure out a unique name... and I came up with DzzyButterfly. It is many of my favorite things rolled into a name.

I have used it ever since.
Dec 11, 2012, 7:16pm   #839
<3 Hello Kitty <3
ckarachr was my user ID back in college for our email and online course stuff and everything. For some reason when I joined TPF that username was the first thing to pop into my head, even though I have been out of college for almost 7 years.
Dec 11, 2012, 7:16pm   #840
Closet Diving Team
"MiaBorsa" is Italian for "my purse."
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground General Discussion