Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

TELL US: Back to School for the Fall?!

POST A REPLY

Aug 22, 2006, 11:40pm   #1
fr2nc1z
If you are going back to school for the fall (school, undergrad, grad, law school, med school, business school and so on):

How are you preparing for it?!?! Tell us! Share your story!
Aug 22, 2006, 11:42pm   #2
ayla
nyan nyan percent
Going back for some good old law school !

I'm basically not prepared, I don't have a parking pass, I need to reapply for my loans since I changed schools.. I never end up buying supplies since I figure I can pick it up later, I need to get books.. wow, I am a pretty bad example to follow. Hope you're all more organized than I !
Aug 22, 2006, 11:46pm   #3
l
lmpsola
Account Deactivated
I am actually not preparing!!! No, I actually bought my school supplies, and that was it! I don't even remember my new schedule of classes! I still need to go shopping for shoes, pants, sweaters, and all of that! I am currently a Junior at California State University Northridge.
Aug 22, 2006, 11:49pm   #4
fr2nc1z
Originally Posted by ayla
Going back for some good old law school !

I'm basically not prepared, I don't have a parking pass, I need to reapply for my loans since I changed schools.. I never end up buying supplies since I figure I can pick it up later, I need to get books.. wow, I am a pretty bad example to follow. Hope you're all more organized than I !
awww hehe! I bought my law school books and the flash drive already, but most importantly I bought some fall shoes and jackets (hehe). But I definitely don't feel ready for school!
Aug 22, 2006, 11:53pm   #5
amanda
I Bleed Georgia Red
i've been back for about a week at college and so far i'm just having a woooooonderful time with my roommates and friends, i've missed them so much over the summer! and i bought a flash drive for my copy editting class :-)
Aug 23, 2006, 12:15am   #6
R
RobbieNEmmy
I made it!
I'm going into freshman year! I'm excited, but not prepared at all... All I know is my schedule, and where I can fit in going to the gym.
Aug 23, 2006, 12:58am   #7
Eponineslove
Senior year of high school!

I've bought a few school bags and have the basic supplies. I have summer homework that I still need to finish (and I start in a week!). Other than that, I haven't done much. After school on the first day, I'm taking my brother to get the rest of our supplies.
Aug 23, 2006, 1:33am   #8
b
bluxcape
The Garden of Secret
i am back to school (gosh my last semester I hope).. and still have to finish that darn dissertation.. God, give me the serenity and discipline to finish it soon.. I want a job now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (really so I can buy my bags.. a Kelly or birkin).......
Aug 23, 2006, 2:05am   #9
love2shop
i am going on my 3rd year at a new university, so basicially i am completely lost on campus! LOL not only that but my transfer credits don't apply much to my major, so i guess i am a pushed back to a 2nd year student? anyways, i am pretty prepared, school supplies, campus map in hand, parking decal on its way, only thing i need to do is apply for loans since fin aid messed up again !!!
Aug 23, 2006, 9:42am   #10
S
Spot100
I start grad school in a week. I just got my books on Monday and shopped at Target yesterday for my school supplies. I'm kind of nervous because I am not familiar with the campus at all and i feel like a freshman with my head in a map!
Aug 23, 2006, 11:29am   #11
robyn
Are we there yet?
In grad school -- totally unprepared, the writing that I was supposed to be working on all summer needs several (LONG) days of writing/editing. I have not bought any clothes because I am still trying to lose weight.

I did get my roots touched up, though
Aug 23, 2006, 12:04pm   #12
jillybean307
Wanderlust
I'm going into my second year of my Master's program. I just registered for classes today even though classes start next Tuesday. Sort of forgot to do that earlier. Whoops. I did buy two of the books I need.

I don't really buy supplies. I've found it easier to keep all of my similiar subjects in one notebook rather than having a dozen notebooks half filled with notes. Now I have one notebook dedicated to Eastern European literature, but it covers the 4 classes I've taken so far in this program and one notebook for all of my policy courses.

Enjoy the first day of class everyone!
Aug 23, 2006, 12:09pm   #13
slowlyfading
I'm going back to my second year of university. I'm really excited, as this year we're living in a house! But as I dont go back til October, I've not starting preparing anything yet :)
Aug 23, 2006, 12:41pm   #14
tracycosmo
Well now folks, you're killing me here! I'm feeling so old. I'm getting ready to go back to school but I'm the teacher! I absolutely refuse to step into the building until the first day. I'm leaving on Monday for a cruise and trying not to think about anything until I get back. I prepared everything in June so I can just walk in a work for the first month without even looking at a photocopier. I've done my back to school clothes shopping and now I'm ready to cruise. End of story.
Aug 23, 2006, 1:02pm   #15
yeuxhonnetes
the semester starts next week. this Fall will be my FINAL SEMESTER! i'll be a part-time student, with only 2 classes, which is a bit of a laugh because one class is Choir, and the other is an online class, which is the class i need to graduate . so i only go to school on Wednesday and Thursday for Choir rehearsals
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >