Home The Playground General Discussion

Rain and leather seats = big no no?!

POST A REPLY

Jun 8, 2012, 9:18am   #1
I didn't know where to put this...but I left my sunroof open to my G35 two nights ago and it rained all night one night. I'm letting it dry by putting on my seat warmers but I'm afraid the smell of mold is starting to creep up on me. What should I do?! I heard about conditioning the leather seats after they dry. But I'm scared to do so ;( Anyone experience rain getting on their leather seats? If so, what did you do?!
Jun 8, 2012, 12:29pm   #2
This happened to me years ago... sort of.

I left the sunroof on tilt but had the thing on the inside of the car closed. When I started driving and then hit the breaks, all the water came gushing down on me.

I don't think mold will creep up SOOO quickly. Did you try to soak up most of the water with towels before turning on your warmers?

If you have a garage: leave the windows OPEN while drying out the seats. It will allow more air to circulate.

Do you have a wet/dry vac? Try to get some of the water out that way, if you can.

When it happened to me I got a lot of the moisture out with towels (basically by putting the towel on the seat and sitting on it). I did it in my bathing suit because I didn't want my pants to get wet. Then during the rest of the time I just left the car with the windows open.
Jun 11, 2012, 8:56pm   #3
SPECTRUM MOM
Originally Posted by LV BarbieDoll
I didn't know where to put this...but I left my sunroof open to my G35 two nights ago and it rained all night one night. I'm letting it dry by putting on my seat warmers but I'm afraid the smell of mold is starting to creep up on me. What should I do?! I heard about conditioning the leather seats after they dry. But I'm scared to do so ;( Anyone experience rain getting on their leather seats? If so, what did you do?!
Have you checked with one of those companies that will come out to your home in case of flooding or when the washing machine overflows? Maybe they have an idea or could even help dry out your car. Maybe look in the yellow pages under fire and water restoration.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground General Discussion