Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Quotes to live by etc...

POST A REPLY

Jul 15, 2008, 2:59pm   #61
Geminiz06
Life is a journey not a destination

Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over!!

^ I saw that and had to laugh- it's soooo true
Jul 15, 2008, 4:19pm   #62
Purse-Ooooh
My Sweet Bobba-Lou!
I am a quote fanatic too!! I have tons of favorites including the one in my signature. Another would be.....

"Whatever you are, be a good one" (Abraham Lincoln)
Jul 15, 2008, 4:23pm   #63
lcterp
La bella vita
"Our actions make or mar us, we are the children of our own deeds" (most likely me next tat)

My dad sends quotes out every morning to everyone he manages and friends so here are some from there, I will try to post them on here now that I know this thread exists

Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life ~ Sophia Loren

Don't give up. Keep going. There is always a chance you will stumble onto something terrific. I have never heard of someone stumbling over something while he was sitting down ~ Ann Landers

Genius is the ability to reduce the complicated to the simple ~ CC Ceran (french author)

Some men give up their designs when they have
almost reached the goal; while others, on the
contrary, obtain a victory by exerting at the
last moment more vigorous efforts than before ~ Polybius
Last edited Jul 15, 2008 at 4:28pm.
Jul 15, 2008, 5:19pm   #64
N
Nat
Account Deactivated
This one is my personal favorite:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Jul 15, 2008, 6:17pm   #65
omgblonde
"A man of quality, is not threatened by a woman of equality."

"Great words will not cover ugly actions."

"People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours."
Last edited Jul 15, 2008 at 6:33pm.
Jul 16, 2008, 12:43am   #66
Geminiz06
imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
- marilyn monroe

life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. so love the people who treat you right, forget the ones who don't and believe everything happens for a reason. if you get a chance, take it. if it changes your life, let it. nobody said that it would be easy, they just promised that it would be worth it.
Jul 16, 2008, 12:48am   #67
C
ChristyR143
Really?
"Only a fool bears their entire mind." ~ My father.
Jul 16, 2008, 12:58am   #68
Geminiz06
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." --Albert Einstein
Jul 16, 2008, 1:45am   #69
l
louislover260
Account Deactivated
I think we all know who said this!

Carrie: Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.
Jul 16, 2008, 1:58am   #70
s
sheishollywood
LiveLaughLove
“So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” - Morrie Schwartz

and

"The best way to define your destiny is to invent it"
Jul 16, 2008, 6:04am   #71
q
qwerty234
Effen Haute!
I like this one, not sure where it's from though:

Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you.
Jul 16, 2008, 9:03am   #72
Geminiz06
^So true
"Wholeness does not mean perfection; it means embracing brokenness as an integral part of life." [Parker Palmer]
Jul 16, 2008, 11:38am   #73
lcterp
La bella vita
"Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster" Theodore Roosevelt
Jul 16, 2008, 12:11pm   #74
[coco]
LVoe
"What you build, you must protect.
Suffer pain of disciplin, or pain of regret".
Lamont O'Neil
Jul 16, 2008, 2:46pm   #75
Ms.G
beautiful disaster
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Helen Keller
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >