Home The Playground General Discussion

Quotes to live by etc...

POST A REPLY

Jul 12, 2008, 6:04pm   #31
♥'s dogs & bags
What a great idea, this thread. All the quotes are so inspirational. It was exactly what I needed this evening! Hope more will come. I'll add too when I have the time to dig up a few I have on my pc. I love quotes and always have one in my signature...
Jul 12, 2008, 6:30pm   #32
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

"I don't believe there's a rule book, and I don't believe I have to live by society's standards."
Jul 12, 2008, 6:56pm   #33
Originally Posted by lv-lover
To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.
Love these. What does the one in your signature mean? I did take French but I'm not sure. Is it something like -If one does not see good with the heart then it is will be invisible with the eyes?
Last edited Jul 12, 2008 at 7:01pm.
Jul 12, 2008, 7:02pm   #34
balenciaga lover
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.

The rest of your life is a long time and whether you know it or not it's being shaped right now. You can choose to blame your circumstances on fate or bad luck or bad choices or you can fight back. Things aren't always going to be fair in the real world, that's just the way it is but for the most part you get what you give. Let me ask you all a question. What's worse: not getting everything you wished for or getting it but finding out it's not enough? The rest of your life is being shaped right now with the dreams you chase, the choices you make and the person you decide to be. The rest of your life is a long time and the rest of your life starts right now

It’s been said that the saddest thing a man will ever face is what might have been. But what of a man whose faced with what was? Or what may never be? Or what can no longer be? Choosing the right path is never easy. It’s a decision we make with only our hearts to guide us. But sometimes we find our way to something better. Sometimes we fight through the regret and remorse of our mistakes, our malice and our jealousy and the shame we feel for not being the people we were meant to be. And that’s when we find our way to something better. Or when something better finds its way to us.

Sometimes when you're young you think nothing can hurt you. It's like being invincible. Your whole life is ahead of you and you have big plans. Big Plans. To find your perfect match, the one who completes you. But as you get older you realize it's not always that easy. It's not until the end of your life that you realize how the plans you made where simply plans. Because at the end when you're looking back instead of forward you want to believe you made the most of what life gave you. You want to believe you're leaving something good behind. You want it all to have mattered.

You know that romantic notion that all the garbage and the pain is really healing and beautiful and sort of poetic? It’s not. It’s just garbage and it’s pain. You know what’s better? Love. The day that you start thinking that love is overrated is the day that you’re wrong. The only thing wrong with love and faith and belief is not having it.
Jul 12, 2008, 7:07pm   #35
balenciaga lover
Regret comes in all shapes and sizes. Some are small , like when we do a bad thing, for a good reason. Some are bigger, like when we let down a friend. Some of us escape the pains of regret by making the right choice. Some of us have little time for regret, because we're looking forward to the future. Sometimes we have to fight to come to terms with the past. And sometimes we bury our regret, by promising to change our ways. But our biggest regrets are not for the things we did... but the things we didn't do. The things we didn't say that could save someone we care about. Especially when we can see the dark storm that's headed their way

At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes -- all you need is one.
Jul 12, 2008, 7:09pm   #36
balenciaga lover
^Most of those were from One Tree Hill.

And Grey's Anatomy quotes are prettyy good as well.
Jul 12, 2008, 8:13pm   #37
This is a great thread!

This is my all-time favorite and has been handed down in my family (though its origin may be elsewhere):

"God writes straight with crooked lines"
Jul 12, 2008, 9:51pm   #38
wa wa wee wa
"Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." -Marilyn Monroe

I'm living by this one right now.
Jul 12, 2008, 10:44pm   #39
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Jul 12, 2008, 10:58pm   #40
Daydreamer
Cool thread idea! I made another thread about quotes like this before but it never kicked off like I hoped it would! Maybe this one will prove to be different. =)

Anyways, I have a TON of quotes under my belt, so I think I'll share a few:

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." --Dr. Seuss

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.” -- Dr. Seuss

'Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.'

"Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them." --John Updike

"Maybe our girlfriends are our real soulmates, and guys are just people to have fun with." --Unknown

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." -Kurt Cobain

"Life is one long insane trip. Some people just have better directions." --Donnie Darko

"What is it about you Southern girls? You can't make the right decisions 'til you tried all the wrong ones?" --Sweet Home Alabama

"I smile because you're my sister. I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it (:" --Me

"Thank God--every morning when you get up--that you have something to do which must be done, whether you like it or not. Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you a hundred virtues which the idle never know." --Charles Kingsley

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me." --Unknown

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" --Eleanor Roosevelt

"A good laugh is sunshine in a house."
-- William Makepeace Thackeray

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” --St. Augustine

"I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter :]" --Unknown

"Don’t pity the girl with one true friend. Envy her. Pity the girl with just a thousand acquaintances." --Katie Obenchain

"You can only love what you’ve got while you’ve got it." --Because of Winn-Dixie

"Unless its mad, passionate, extraordinary love
it's a waste of your time, and it isn't love at all. There are too many mediocre things in life...Love shouldn't be one of them." --Unknown [some movie]

"I believe in pink, i believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. i believe in kissing, kissing alot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tommorow is another day, and i believe in miracles."
--Audrey Hepburn

"The best things in life are free. The second best are expensive." --Coco Chanel

"Sorrow looks back... Worry looks around... But, faith looks up."

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
--Robert Frost (The Outsiders)

"So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky"
--More Than A Feeling [Boston].

I'm finding myself searching every single day... for what I don't quite know yet. It may possibly be that I'm trying to find my place in this world, but don't exactly know with what that might be yet. I'd like to think that my life was spent worthwhile, doing something useful for other people around me. I don't want to just be a waste of space. But until then, we must continue driving on this neverending roadtrip that we call life. --Me

"Jenny, I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time." --Forrest Gump

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it." --Ferris Bueller

"Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." --Jack Benny

"In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight." -Steel Magnolias

»-(¯'v'¯)-»
Jul 12, 2008, 11:24pm   #41
$$ doesn't buy class
"I think you should know what you stand for, not just what you're against"

"A wise girl kisses, but doesn't love; listens, but doesn't believe; and leaves, before she is left"

"Find out who you are, and do it on purpose"

One Tree Hill:

"People don't change, Mouth" Rachel

"But they can. They just don't because it's easier not to. we're always waiting for our lives to begin, like, figuring we'll be someone else someday, but after this accident, and losing Jimmy and Keith, what are we waiting for? All we have is now, Rachel. Don't run from this" Mouth
Jul 12, 2008, 11:25pm   #42
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

Walter Winchell
1897-1972, American Journalist
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Martin Luther King Jr.
1929-1968, American Black Leader, Nobel Prize Winner, 1964
Jul 12, 2008, 11:28pm   #43
I'm not trying to be your only- I just want to be- the ONLY one who matters
Last edited Jul 12, 2008 at 11:30pm. Reason: eta
Jul 12, 2008, 11:35pm   #44

Girls
------------are like apples----------------
--------on trees. The best ones-----------
------are at the top of the tree.--------
----The boys dont want to reach------
---for the good ones because they ------
-are afraid of falling and getting hurt.----
Instead, they just get the rotten apples-
---from the ground that aren’t as good,-
but easy. So the apples at the top think
-something is wrong with them, when in
--reality, they're amazing. They just
---have to wait for the right boy to-------
----- come along,- the one who's----------
----------- brave enough to-----------------
-----------------climb all----------------------
----------------- the way---------------------
-----------------to the top--------------------
---------------- of the tree.------------------
Last edited Jul 12, 2008 at 11:35pm. Reason: eta
Jul 12, 2008, 11:36pm   #45
$$ doesn't buy class
one tree hill

"Do you think people can change, Brooke? I mean, truly change" Rachel

"well, i'd like to say yes, but honestly, i dont really think people can change. you know at the end of the day, you are who you are and its probably who you've always been." Brooke
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground General Discussion