Home The Playground General Discussion

Quotes to live by etc...

POST A REPLY

Jul 12, 2008, 5:26am   #16
M
Here are two that I like:

"Its not because things are difficult that we dont dare. Its because we dont dare that things are difficult." Seneque

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Jul 12, 2008, 8:14am   #17
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission."

"If you think you'll win, you just might. If you think you'll lose, you most certainly will."

"Holding a grudge is allowing someone to live rent-free in your head."
Jul 12, 2008, 8:51am   #18
t
pray to God but row for shore
Jul 12, 2008, 8:54am   #19
Most of my favorite quotes come from Buddha. I am simply in love with his philosophy on life. Here are just a few of my fav's:

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.“

“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.“

“Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.“
Jul 12, 2008, 9:04am   #20
ALL THE BAGS!
Live and let live.
Jul 12, 2008, 10:30am   #21
"They say you only have one life to live. But if you live like us, once is enough."

oh and I love the ones in my sig!
Jul 12, 2008, 11:31am   #22
Same as my sig: Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. -Shakespeare

I also love "Don't let your dreams be dreams" -Jack Johnson

Edit: one more! "To be great is to be misunderstood" -Emerson
Last edited Jul 12, 2008 at 11:31am. Reason: Adding more
Jul 12, 2008, 12:53pm   #23
Young @ Art
Live as though you'll die tomorrow,
Plan as though you'll live forever.
Jul 12, 2008, 1:13pm   #24
These are great-Thanks Everyone for those great words, Lets Keep Them Coming

Some of the hardest things are easy to achieve with patience

Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them as much.
Last edited Jul 12, 2008 at 1:25pm. Reason: eta
Jul 12, 2008, 1:39pm   #25
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different."--Coco Chanel

"Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they weep for you and as long as you live, they should long for your company"--Ali ibn Abu Talib

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking So that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, Our presence automatically liberates others."--Nelson Mandela 1994 inauguration speech
Jul 12, 2008, 3:44pm   #26
Great post Gemini!

"Good Friends are like stars... You may not always see them but you know they are always there."

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely"
Jul 12, 2008, 4:32pm   #27
the quote in my post is wrong! It's from a poem by Marianne Williamson--it doesn't matter who it was that wrote/said it, i still liked the words.
Jul 12, 2008, 4:57pm   #28
You only live once
I only ever seem to use this when i am defending my buying something expensive:P
Jul 12, 2008, 5:06pm   #29
I posted this one before in another thread:

"I never told my own religion, nor scrutinized that of another. I never attempted to make a convert, nor wished to change another's creed...I have been satisfied yours must be an excellent one, to have produced a life of such exemplary virtue and correctness. For it is in our lives, and not from our words, that our religion must be read." - letter from Thomas Jefferson to Mrs. Samuel H. Smith
Jul 12, 2008, 5:24pm   #30
To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground General Discussion