Mercedes ML350 8 40.00%
BMW X5 3 15.00%
BMW X6 1 5.00%
Something else 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

POST A REPLY

Jun 1, 2012, 8:48pm   #1
♡ Obsessed
So DH and I have been trying to decide on a new luxury SUV for months now and we just cannot decide, We are out of time and really need to choose something soon. These are the ones we have considered, their price, and our thoughts so far. Please help

1. 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS $97k
We have been wanting this car for years, They just came out with the new GTS and we were thrilled except the price. I cannot get over that price tag. We CAN afford it but I really dont want to.

2. 2013 Lexus RX 450H $57k
The new 2013 is very nice looking, Gas milage is great at 30mpg, I have never owned a hybrid though and its a tad smaller then what we wanted but for the price and gas milage it does seem like a good value for what you get.

3. 2012 Mercedes ML350 $60k
I loved this car inside and out, My only concern with it is the reliability and and how it ages. I worry about mercedes aging badly but new it looks like a great car

4. 2013 BMW X5 $72k
I love the X5, However, I dont love the interior and in 2014 they are updating it so I hate to get one now and be getting a new old style car.

5. 2013 BMW X6 $74k
I love the look of the X6, however, it rides so rough and has the same old interior as the X5

6. Other, Please list options you like and why.
Attached Images

Jun 1, 2012, 9:34pm   #2
What about an Audi Q7?
Attached Images

Jun 2, 2012, 5:07am   #3
N
Nat
Account Deactivated
I like the Mercedes.
Jun 2, 2012, 5:34am   #4
I have had the opportunity to drive the ML350 and I loved it.

I honestly believe you don't get what you pay for with the Cheyenne. It's just too expensive for what it is.

My DH has the X5 (a few years old) and it's okay. Very expensive to maintain, but it suits his needs. We are in the market for a new car, though.
Jun 2, 2012, 9:21am   #5
♡ Obsessed
thanks guys, I myself have been leaning toward the mercedes but DH complains its not fun to drive... He has his own car though so it doesnt need to be "fun to drive" =)
Jun 2, 2012, 9:26am   #6
I would go for the Mercedes, I agree about the Porsche.

I personally am getting the Audi q5 because I am audi lover :)
Jun 2, 2012, 9:51am   #7
A
Originally Posted by Cheryl
So DH and I have been trying to decide on a new luxury SUV for months now and we just cannot decide, We are out of time and really need to choose something soon. These are the ones we have considered, their price, and our thoughts so far. Please help

We have been wanting this car for years, They just came out with the new GTS and we were thrilled except the price. I cannot get over that price tag. We CAN afford it but I really dont want to.

The new 2013 is very nice looking, Gas milage is great at 30mpg, I have never owned a hybrid though and its a tad smaller then what we wanted but for the price and gas milage it does seem like a good value for what you get.

I loved this car inside and out, My only concern with it is the reliability and and how it ages. I worry about mercedes aging badly but new it looks like a great car

4. 2013 BMW X5 $72k
I love the X5, However, I dont love the interior and in 2014 they are updating it so I hate to get one now and be getting a new old style car.

5. 2013 BMW X6 $74k
I love the look of the X6, however, it rides so rough and has the same old interior as the X5

I debated between 2-3-4 I bought the ML350 and love it. Ived had a BMW for years and leaned towards it but it wasn't classy in the inside. Ived owned an x5 b4 and enjoyed it. I loved the navi system on BMW and Ml is archaic compared to it. Was not a fan of Lexus. I hated the cherry wood trim. The big difference is the handling. BMW is heavier so it feels like your grounded. Ml has light handling and I found myself a bit out of control at first. Now I'm used to it, it feels very light and easy to drive. The other big thing is the maintenance. BMW includes everything and ML doesn't. But I feel the BMW is cost more coz of this. Lexus takes regular gas and maintenance is cheaper. But as a girlie girl, I like the ML.
Jun 2, 2012, 6:37pm   #8
♡ Obsessed
thank you everyone I really appreciate your input!
Jun 2, 2012, 8:09pm   #9
Mercedes for sure. I had an ML and it's a fantastic little SUV! Especially the AMGs
Jun 2, 2012, 8:18pm   #10
I'm an x5 LOVER, but if you don't like the interior then it's silly to get one. I'm not normally a Mercedes fan, but I think it's the best choice for you probably. The Porsche isn't worth the money, and even though the Lexus is far less expensive, for what it is it's not worth the money either IMO. The Audi SUVs are nice too, so I think those are worth a look. Also, you could look at an x3. They just redesigned them this year and they are a good deal less expensive than the x5 or x6.
Jun 3, 2012, 8:14am   #11
I like the X5!
Jun 4, 2012, 9:25am   #12
♡ Obsessed
Thanks again everyone, I am really leaning towards the ML, We went and test drove the lexus and its nice, the 30 MPG is a huge perk but it does seem smaller then the other choices, Almost too small.
Jun 4, 2012, 11:33am   #13
Sucks at budgeting
I vote for the Audi Q7 S-Line.

It's based on the same platform as the Cayenne and would have a sportier feel compared to the other options you listed.

Jun 4, 2012, 12:25pm   #14
♡ Obsessed
I do like the Q7 but something about the cup holder bothered me.. I know its petty but it really bothered me, Just 1 huge cup holder sitting there.
Jun 4, 2012, 9:33pm   #15
s
Originally Posted by Cheryl

4. 2013 BMW X5 $72k

5. 2013 BMW X6 $74k

What about an Audi Q7?
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground General Discussion