Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Maserati GranTurismo HELP?! Please give me YOUR....

POST A REPLY

Feb 9, 2012, 4:08am   #1
PinkSuadeSoho
Princess Grace Ave
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is in the wrong area.

We are soon to be Maserati owners once again and was curious as to what colour. I'm so fickle and can't decide white or red?

Also if you all can throw in some other suggestions for amazing vehicles that are on par, I'd love some input on what you may drive and enjoy.

I want something that you don't see all around town. I had thought about Jags and other cute sporty cars, meh.... just want input
Feb 9, 2012, 4:16pm   #2
meluvs2shop
In Love
if your two color options are white and red i would go with white b/c it's less flashy. it's a beautiful car. edmunds just showed it in white and i loved it in that color but then again, the choice is up to you.

have you done a comparison search on sites like edmunds that shows you Maserati's competitors.

you may need to visit a car forum although i do love cars/car shopping. so keep us posted!
Feb 9, 2012, 7:14pm   #3
JNH14
Midlife...no crisis!
Red is not a good color because it is the color of car most often picked up for speeding-you stand out too much!
Feb 9, 2012, 10:23pm   #4
PinkSuadeSoho
Princess Grace Ave
Thanks for the feedback ladies! I have no clue what we're going to do. Definitely keep you all posted! It's a big decision. We could very well end up with something entirely different. I do think the Mas is the direction we're headed
Feb 15, 2012, 11:10am   #5
DamierLover
I don't know what color you should get, your incredibly blessed to able to have that option! I'd have to win the lottery to make that happen and it never will as I don't buy lottery tickets! LOL!! I'll mention that the most beautiful car I've ever seen was parked alongside the Champs-Elysees in Paris on my last trip over a summer ago and I had to stop and admire...it was a Navy Blue Maserati converible...that would get my vote!
Feb 15, 2012, 12:56pm   #6
.jourdyn.
living & loving life
Wow lucky, Maseratis are very gorgeous cars. I was lucky enough to go to a dealership once and sit in one! Haha
If those are the choices I would go with the white but I agree with DamierLove they are very beautiful in navy as well.
Feb 15, 2012, 1:14pm   #7
.jourdyn.
living & loving life
Other options that you could compare with are the Audi R8 or Aston Martin V8 Vantage. All three have the very nice sporty look to them and are all around the same price range.

Good luck in your decision! :)
Feb 15, 2012, 3:44pm   #8
Charles
Sucks at budgeting
Originally Posted by JNH14
Red is not a good color because it is the color of car most often picked up for speeding-you stand out too much!
http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp

OP, are you buying new or used?

It really just depends on what you're looking for. The Maserati is a beautiful car, but from what I've heard, it's very expensive to maintain.

There's the Audi R8 and the Aston Vantage too. Then you have the Nissan GTR which will be faster and out handle all of the previous cars, while costing about 30K less, but, it's not really "flashy".

Best way to find out is test drive them....and bring me along.
Feb 24, 2012, 11:57pm   #9
n
noonoo07
I would go with White. PLEASE post pics on whatever you decide! Good luck!! :)
Mar 12, 2012, 3:32am   #10
PinkSuadeSoho
Princess Grace Ave
Originally Posted by noonoo07
I would go with White. PLEASE post pics on whatever you decide! Good luck!! :)
You BET!
Mar 12, 2012, 3:33am   #11
PinkSuadeSoho
Princess Grace Ave
Originally Posted by Charles
http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp

OP, are you buying new or used?

It really just depends on what you're looking for. The Maserati is a beautiful car, but from what I've heard, it's very expensive to maintain.

There's the Audi R8 and the Aston Vantage too. Then you have the Nissan GTR which will be faster and out handle all of the previous cars, while costing about 30K less, but, it's not really "flashy".

Best way to find out is test drive them....and bring me along.
NEWSince you know a heck of a lot more than I ever will, perhaps I should fly you in? You can help, yes?
Mar 14, 2012, 9:16pm   #12
PinkSuadeSoho
Princess Grace Ave
Originally Posted by DamierLover
I don't know what color you should get, your incredibly blessed to able to have that option! I'd have to win the lottery to make that happen and it never will as I don't buy lottery tickets! LOL!! I'll mention that the most beautiful car I've ever seen was parked alongside the Champs-Elysees in Paris on my last trip over a summer ago and I had to stop and admire...it was a Navy Blue Maserati converible...that would get my vote!
I bet you had a fabulous time! I'll have to look into that colour! Thanks DL, your input is always greatly appreciated
Mar 19, 2012, 9:04am   #13
sundaymornings
Hurray hurray hurray, I'm so glad to come across the only other supercar enthusiast I have seen so far on this forum!! The MaseratiGT is a beautiful car! If you've narrowed down your choices to red or white, personally, I'd go with red. It's a super-car so it's supposed to be a bit flashy...have you seen this breathing photo? (attached; image source: wikipedia)

Jag are amazing too but I wouldn't consider them "cute/sporty/trendy/hawt." Jags have a reputation for being heavy, luxurious, refined, and sophisticated and it caters to an older demographic. Think "wealthy middle-aged British gentleman." Jags are known more for their saloons than their sports cars.

If you're looking for suggestions that are on par with the Maserati GT, may I suggest you check out the Ferrari 458 or 599 or the Porsche 911Turbo? Also the Aston Martin DB9 (or DBS).
Attached Images

POST A REPLY
  HOME > >