Home The Playground General Discussion

iIntlSet iHates iStupid iPods

POST A REPLY

Aug 21, 2006, 3:25pm   #1
Bonjour!
Ever since I saw Steve Jobs's yacht docked in St. Tropez last summer, I refuuuuse to give Apple any money!

Everyone I know owns at least one iPod if not two or three!! I am so tired of getting into the car and then everyone fighting about whose iPod we should plug in! Gah!

But I'm a technological dinosaur, I admit.
Aug 21, 2006, 3:29pm   #2
I run with scissors
I hate iPods because of the following frequently occuring scenario:

Person w/ipod walks up and says something to me. I respond back. Person w/iPod rips earplug(s) out, screws up face and says "what"?

Duh, you half wit, if you want to talk, take that freeking stupid think outta your ears!!!!
Aug 21, 2006, 3:31pm   #3
Shop-a-holic
lmao .........i cant live with out mines now
Aug 21, 2006, 3:31pm   #4
Sunny
That's funny b/c samething happened to me this past weekend.My friends and I were on our way to Dave and Busters on Sat night and we had the same argument. Whose ipod we should plug in...lol
Aug 21, 2006, 3:34pm   #5
S
There are better mp3 players out there. The only reason I have an iPod is because of the promotional thing when I bought my Macbook.
Aug 21, 2006, 3:36pm   #6
j
julchen_0873
Spam
Last edited Aug 21, 2006 at 3:47pm.
Aug 21, 2006, 3:36pm   #7
Oh no she di-int!!
Yeah, I have mixed feelings about them too. But...when we finally figured out how to hook it up to the car for a long road trip, ahhhh....bliss!
Aug 21, 2006, 3:36pm   #8
I love handbags!
The reason why I don't like Ipods is because they don't work after the warranty runs out. They suck but I keep getting sucked back in. I bought a Nano.
Aug 21, 2006, 4:41pm   #9
Addict
I'm pretty anti-iPod. I'm not really a "trend" person and I don't get the point of spending $200+ on a music machine and then spending another few hundred on silly accessories... I LOVE CDs!!!!
Aug 21, 2006, 4:41pm   #10
a
Originally Posted by IntlSet
Ever since I saw Steve Jobs's yacht docked in St. Tropez last summer, I refuuuuse to give Apple any money!
so you use linux then i take it?
Aug 21, 2006, 4:43pm   #11
Bonjour!
Originally Posted by annanas
so you use linux then i take it?
No, unfortunately I realize Apple is now integrated with everything.

Besides, I was just kidding. Naturally I realize executives of huge companies like Apple are all obscenely wealthy.
Aug 21, 2006, 4:47pm   #12
a
well it just seemed an odd comment in the context. nothing wrong with having two or three ipods, they make great external hds when you upgrade!
Aug 21, 2006, 4:51pm   #13
140 lbs lighter
I love my IPod. I've had other mp3 players (mainly creative labs) and I've learned that IPod is the best for me. I don't buy a lot of CDs from ITunes, just single songs. I like to still have the CD because I don't have a link for my iPod in my car yet.
Aug 21, 2006, 5:01pm   #14
Living life...
My husband and I both have iPods. In fact he wears his to work all the time and he will answer his desk phone while having the earpiece still in. I am sure his coworkers want to hear NIN blasting while attempting to ask him a question.
Aug 21, 2006, 8:25pm   #15
a
Ladybug Lucy
I don't use an ipod myself. I did buy my husband a video ipod though. He's way into the newest "toys". If I wasn't married to him I probably wouldn't know about half the stuff that's out there!
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground General Discussion