Home The Playground General Discussion

How to pronounce Bebe?


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Oct 19, 2006, 7:33pm   #1
Adore's Avatar
Thread Starter
"BLONDIE"
Is Bebe pronounced "Bee Bee," or "Bay Bay?" Or "Beh Beh?"

I actually have NO idea, and would like to know, haha. And it means "baby," but in what language?
Oct 19, 2006, 7:57pm   #2
_x13's Avatar
skin army girl
Beh-Bay, French :)
Oct 19, 2006, 8:16pm   #3
s
Member
Originally Posted by Adore
Is Bebe pronounced "Bee Bee," or "Bay Bay?" Or "Beh Beh?"

I actually have NO idea, and would like to know, haha. And it means "baby," but in what language?
Are you talking about the boutique Bebe or just the word?
Oct 19, 2006, 9:21pm   #4
siworae's Avatar
Member
^ the boutique/store is pronounced "bee-bee." i know that for sure.
Oct 19, 2006, 9:28pm   #5
lovelv's Avatar
lv and BBAG lover
and in spanish bebe means baby
Oct 19, 2006, 9:29pm   #6
LouisLady's Avatar
Member
i pronouce is BEE BEE...:)
Oct 19, 2006, 9:37pm   #7
vuittonGirl's Avatar
Member
i call it "beh beh"
Oct 20, 2006, 5:52am   #8
acegirl's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by siworae
^ the boutique/store is pronounced "bee-bee." i know that for sure.

When I called the store they answered the phone "Bee-Bee"
Oct 20, 2006, 6:18am   #9
poutine's Avatar
Member
i have always thought that it was "bay bay".
Oct 20, 2006, 7:09am   #10
mellecyn's Avatar
Member
the word "bébé" (beh-beh with é like in "voulez vous") means baby in french.
Don´t know about how to pronouce the brand name.
Oct 20, 2006, 7:32am   #11
acegirl's Avatar
Member
Straight from the Bebe website FAQ section...

How do you pronounce the name of your company? What does bebe mean?
It is pronounced "bee-bee." bebe was founded as a San Francisco boutique in 1976 by Manny Mashouf, the company's Chairman and Founder. The name bebe was selected because it represented the philosophy of the time ("to be or not to be") as well as other multilingual meanings including the Persian name for the queen in a deck of cards and the Turkish word for woman.
Oct 20, 2006, 7:40am   #12
Prada Psycho's Avatar
#11146
Well! Live and learn. I've been calling it "bay bay" too. Too many French classe in high school and college I guess.
Oct 20, 2006, 8:03am   #13
jillybean307's Avatar
Wanderlust
Originally Posted by acegirl
When I called the store they answered the phone "Bee-Bee"
Yep! I called the customer service line in college once, and it said "Thank you for calling Bee-bee."
Oct 20, 2006, 8:17am   #14
Rose's Avatar
Pay it Forward
Originally Posted by acegirl
Straight from the Bebe website FAQ section...

How do you pronounce the name of your company? What does bebe mean?
It is pronounced "bee-bee." bebe was founded as a San Francisco boutique in 1976 by Manny Mashouf, the company's Chairman and Founder. The name bebe was selected because it represented the philosophy of the time ("to be or not to be") as well as other multilingual meanings including the Persian name for the queen in a deck of cards and the Turkish word for woman.
Thank you
Oct 20, 2006, 8:20am   #15
Danica's Avatar
Member
I wish it were pronounced Beh-Beh! Bee-Bee is kinda..
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground General Discussion  
TOP

Thread Tools