Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Mar 11, 2012, 6:18pm   #1
t
tie-a-ribbon
I'm from the UK and visiting an American friend in a couple of weeks. She's kind enough to let me stay with her for my 2 week stay so I want to give her something to say thank you, but I have no idea what to get. I know there's a lot of US girls on here (or maybe others have some ideas?), but what British things do you love/can't get in the US/would appreciate as a gift? Literally anything- snacks, bands, tv shows etc!
Mar 11, 2012, 6:32pm   #2
Marie Lee
ok, do you have sticky toffee pudding?? visit me and bring that
Mar 11, 2012, 6:43pm   #3
bagshopr
I love English chocolate candy bars, nothing compares. I would want a big assortment of chocolate candy if you were coming to see me!
Mar 11, 2012, 6:43pm   #4
KatsBags
Just bring Brendan Coyle with you and you're golden!
Mar 12, 2012, 3:31pm   #5
nc.girl
Girly Gear Head
Do you know of any beauty products from the UK that she'd like to have? A little basket full of nail polishes, eye shadows, etc and some UK chocolates would be a sweet and thoughtful gift.
Mar 12, 2012, 3:55pm   #6
t
tie-a-ribbon
Originally Posted by nc.girl
Do you know of any beauty products from the UK that she'd like to have? A little basket full of nail polishes, eye shadows, etc and some UK chocolates would be a sweet and thoughtful gift.
yeah i was thinking of something like that, gonna do a little bit of research about what brands aren't available to her in the us. and lots of cadburys chocolate lol! thanks everyone
Mar 12, 2012, 4:23pm   #7
nc.girl
Girly Gear Head
Originally Posted by tie-a-ribbon
yeah i was thinking of something like that, gonna do a little bit of research about what brands aren't available to her in the us. and lots of cadburys chocolate lol! thanks everyone
Whatever you end up getting her, I'm sure she'll appreciate it!
Mar 13, 2012, 1:08am   #8
redney
Lovin' Life!
Are you able to buy Fortnum & Mason products where you live, or do you need to go to London? Their teas, chocolates and chutneys are my absolute favorites, and their products are my only souvenirs when I visit London.
Mar 15, 2012, 3:21pm   #9
t
tie-a-ribbon
Originally Posted by redney
Are you able to buy Fortnum & Mason products where you live, or do you need to go to London? Their teas, chocolates and chutneys are my absolute favorites, and their products are my only souvenirs when I visit London.
ooh that's an idea- i'm in london this weekend as it happens! may have to venture in!
Mar 15, 2012, 5:51pm   #10
JNH14
Midlife...no crisis!
I loved the plastic tote bag from Harrods that a friend brought me!
Mar 15, 2012, 8:31pm   #11
cosmogrl5
Originally Posted by JNH14
I loved the plastic tote bag from Harrods that a friend brought me!
I second that one! My husband just brought one back for me when he went to London on business. I also agree with the tea suggestion.
Mar 17, 2012, 12:46am   #12
c
commet
Originally Posted by redney
This would be a great gift idea. A friend once gave me Fortnum & Mason chocolates and they're divine :).
Mar 17, 2012, 12:52am   #13
Necromancer
Originally Posted by KatsBags
Just bring Brendan Coyle with you and you're golden!
Best answer in this thread if you ask me.

How about a little something from Harrods or F&M?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >