Home The Playground General Discussion

Do you have any weird habits...? Share them!

POST A REPLY

Sep 30, 2009, 3:55pm   #1
Eternal Dreamer
Ok, so I did a search and didn't find anything with this topic. So if it has been done before please excuse me.

The idea is to share your slightly abnormal addictions and/or habits with us. And maybe you'll see that you are not the only one doing weird things...
So, let me start first..

Weird habits:

-I can't watch tv if there is someone in the same room with me, it just makes me feel very uncomfortable.

-Im allways doing my hair when ever I see my reflection. I just can't help it.

p.s. I can understand if you think that this thread is a bit lame.
Sep 30, 2009, 5:12pm   #2
Happily Ever After.
I've got some "quirks" (as I like to call them). My husband claims I have borderline OCD. I don't agree. Anyway, some of mine are:

-I cannot leave the table messy when I leave a restaurant. Everything has to be stacked neatly and I wipe it down with a napkin.
-My toe polish always has to match my nail polish. Without exception.
-And the last one I'll share (and it's probably the worst) is...I have to sleep with the bedroom door locked. I get up 3 to 4 times in the middle of the night to check it. I don't know why I do this but I do. When I first moved in with my husband he thought I was sleep walking. Nope. I am wide awake and well aware I do it.

I have a ton of these "quirks" and I'd like to believe everyone else does too.
Sep 30, 2009, 5:42pm   #3
In for the long haul
When I cook for myself, I cannot eat until I have cleaned up everything first.
Sep 30, 2009, 5:44pm   #4
Happily Ever After.
Originally Posted by lovinalotofbags
I need to start doing that. I get too lazy after dinner to clean up. I usually do it the next morning right before work.
Sep 30, 2009, 5:46pm   #5
A
rainy
I pull out my eyelashes and eyebrows.
Sep 30, 2009, 6:22pm   #6
Luxury = Purses
Ditto!

Originally Posted by lovinalotofbags
I always wash my hands consistently - germ phobe here. I know I have more quirks... When I think about them - I'll post them!!
Sep 30, 2009, 7:31pm   #7
boo!
Originally Posted by Aslan
I pull out my eyelashes and eyebrows.
I do this, but with just eyelashes. I think it's my allergies...they dry out, fall in my eyes, & drive me bananas
Sep 30, 2009, 8:21pm   #8
Got a handle on it
I'm so OCD. Too many weird habits to list! I too check things obsessively. I have turned around as far as a mile from my house to make sure I shut the iron off - even though I KNOW it's off. It's obsessive.
Sep 30, 2009, 8:27pm   #9
Earth to Bella
I wash my hands too many times a day, but will not use that antibacterial sanitizer people use. Yuk. In the doctors office I won't touch anything, certainly not a magazine.

I check and recheck locks before I leave the house.

When shopping, I never grab the item in front, always grab from the back.

I'm a bit OCDish. I notice the smallest things and get bothered by them when others never give a second thought.
Sep 30, 2009, 8:29pm   #10
Earth to Bella
Originally Posted by BagLadie
I'm so OCD. Too many weird habits to list! I too check things obsessively. I have turned around as far as a mile from my house to make sure I shut the iron off - even though I KNOW it's off. It's obsessive.
Mine is shutting the garage door. Every time I've turned around to check, it's always shut. I've gotten better about that one though.
Sep 30, 2009, 8:31pm   #11
I third on pulling out my eyelashes, but it's because my single eye lid causes them to grow towards my eyes rather than "out" as normal lashes should. I have to get corrective surgery in the future to fix it.
Sep 30, 2009, 9:08pm   #12
e
I think I might have some mild/moderate OCD issues as well. I have some odd habits.

I tend to do lock checks 3 times before going to bed on all doors, I usually circle the block once before leaving to go anywhere to be sure the garage door is shut too. If I have used some sort of appliance, like an iron or curling iron, I will go back into the house and make sure it is shut off even after locking up. Most of my odd habits have to do w/ locking up/safety stuff.
Sep 30, 2009, 9:45pm   #13
Emmy!
I move my toes or foot in threes. I rarely sit still, I have to move my foot or toes. In threes! I have no idea why, I just do! LOL!
Sep 30, 2009, 9:47pm   #14
30 pounds down!
Originally Posted by Bella
I wash my hands too many times a day, but will not use that antibacterial sanitizer people use. Yuk. In the doctors office I won't touch anything, certainly not a magazine.

I check and recheck locks before I leave the house.

When shopping, I never grab the item in front, always grab from the back.

I'm a bit OCDish. I notice the smallest things and get bothered by them when others never give a second thought.
I do that too! Before I eat a sandwich I have to smash it between my hands first! I have been doing it since I was a kid. Not sure why just a habit.
Sep 30, 2009, 9:53pm   #15
✘♥✘♥
I pop my ankles..on purpose...it grosses out my SO, lol.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground General Discussion