Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Do you have any weird habits...? Share them!

POST A REPLY

Sep 30, 2009, 10:55pm   #16
e
elizat
Originally Posted by Bella
I wash my hands too many times a day, but will not use that antibacterial sanitizer people use. Yuk. In the doctors office I won't touch anything, certainly not a magazine.

I check and recheck locks before I leave the house.

When shopping, I never grab the item in front, always grab from the back.

I'm a bit OCDish. I notice the smallest things and get bothered by them when others never give a second thought.
I do this too. I cannot take the first thing on the rack, whether it is clothes or food or anything. If it is the last one, I don't buy it. I dig to the bottom of the pile/row for milk/dairy stuff in particular. I drive my mother nuts with that sort of thing when she goes to the store with me.
Sep 30, 2009, 11:15pm   #17
Voodoo
Hockeygasm
I'm very germophobic.... I use hand sanitizer on shopping cart handles before I'd use them...if I have to shake hands w/ someone I hand sanitize as fast as I can after without being rude.... I carry bleach wipes in a small ziploc baggie in the car so if DD or I have to use a public restroom (happens VERY rarely) I can wipe down the seat and door. There's a lot more of these types of germ avoidance things I do.

Yet...in spite of all this...I'll still kiss a dog, horse, or cat on the head any chance I get

Yes, I'm insane.
Sep 30, 2009, 11:23pm   #18
buzzytoes
Dog Chauffeur
I rub my toes on stuff as a comfort thing. Kinda like how little kids will have a blankie and rub it while they suck their thumb?? I used to think I only did this while I was in bed but I just noticed myself doing it to DH this evening. I was on the couch and he was sitting on the ground right near my feet. Sure enough I started rubbing my feet on his leg! Guess it is spreading.
Sep 30, 2009, 11:23pm   #19
MACsarah
BB+leather
I pick the crap out of my skin on my hand during class.

Yes, my classes are that tragic, that I need to tear of my skin to be entertained. I do listen do. I can multitask :P
Oct 1, 2009, 12:15am   #20
Junkenpo
CHOOSE KINDNESS
When I'm sleeping (I'm a side sleeper) I have to be facing the edge of the bed. Doesn't matter what side of the bed I'm sleeping on, I just have to be facing an edge.
Oct 1, 2009, 12:37am   #21
Sternchen
I don't like to eat the "ends" of many things....like hot dogs, wieners, bananas...
Oct 1, 2009, 9:19am   #22
courtneyh
Im sure I have mild OCD! DH always makes fun of me...

Before I leave the house I ALWAYS have to check to make sure the straightener is off, even though I know that its off I have to go check, sometimes I end up checking 2 or 3 times. I also have to make sure the front door is locked, even if I lock it. It drives DH nuts, because if he locks the door I ALWAYS ask him if he locked it, he says yes, but I still have to check, he prefers if I just lock the door!
Oct 1, 2009, 9:23am   #23
ILuvShopping
★☆★★☆★★☆★
when i'm leaving my house, after i back out of my garage i have to sit there and make sure it closes, otherwise i'm paranoid all day. a few times i have driven back home to check or i'll call a friend that goes to the college nearby to drive by and check for me.

before bed i will check to make sure my back door is deadbolt locked about 2-3 times and make sure my garage door is shut. if i forget to do it and i go to bed, it drives me nuts and i have to get up and check. sometimes i know i forget but i don't remember the outcome so i have to get up and check.

when leaving for a trip i actually have to tell myself "you locked the back door, you turned this off... you turned that off...."

the funny thing is is that on a couple of occasions i have accidentally left my keys in the lock (towards the outside) overnight, and next morning not being able to find them. you would think it would make me feel a little bit better that someone is obviously not lurking outside my house.

i have a certain shower routine, shampoo, body wash, wash face, rinse out shampoo and done. if i go out of that order then i'm all screwed up.

i have a VERY hard time with sitting in a chair with both feet on the floor. it's super uncomfortable to me and i always feel the need to with both legs up in the chair and crossed, or one leg in the chair - one leg down, one foot propped on something... at work it's generally both legs/feet up in the chair and crossed. or i have a box under my desk that acts as a foot rest.

i've probably got a lot more but don't realize it... i'm sure deep down i'm a complete nutcase :)
Oct 1, 2009, 9:33am   #24
stephc005
i'm another shopper who never takes the first or last of something on a shelf.

i retouch light switches and make sure they're completely off.

i typically wiggle my foot until i fall asleep at night.

i pull my blankets all the way up to my chin and mouth even if it's summer and hot.

with a handheld shower head, i have to wash the handle before i really start showering.

i won't use the same cup or eat from the same utensils that someone else has ever used. this is oddly only at home though and i have no fear of eating in restaurants.

if i touch my face in public, i have to whip out a mirror right away to make sure i don't have anything on my face.

i avoid blowing my nose in any public place for fear that boogers will remain somewhere on my nose and no one would ever tell me.

i can't stand eating a birthday cake that somebody blew out their candles on.

i hate the feeling of wet hair touching my shirt so i try to keep it up in a towel until it's dry.
Oct 1, 2009, 10:37am   #25
Mrs.Clark
Happily Ever After.
Originally Posted by courtneyh
Im sure I have mild OCD! DH always makes fun of me...

Before I leave the house I ALWAYS have to check to make sure the straightener is off, even though I know that its off I have to go check, sometimes I end up checking 2 or 3 times. I also have to make sure the front door is locked, even if I lock it. It drives DH nuts, because if he locks the door I ALWAYS ask him if he locked it, he says yes, but I still have to check, he prefers if I just lock the door!
This thread makes me feel a million times better about my little quirks. I too double, triple check things (straightener, coffee pot, blow dryer, garage door) before I leave. I work about 25 minutes from my home and one day I was convinced that I left the garage door open so I called my sister and asked her to go to lunch with me in the town I live in. We drove 25 miles to lunch (there are plenty of restaurants where I work) and then I begged her to drive by my house to check the door. Sure enough it was closed. I ended up having to take a 2 hour lunch because of this. My sister said "I bet you feel stupid now that you know the door is closed" I told her "Nope! I actually feel better."
Oct 1, 2009, 10:52am   #26
Sweetpea83
✘♥✘♥
Originally Posted by Bella
I wash my hands too many times a day, but will not use that antibacterial sanitizer people use. Yuk. In the doctors office I won't touch anything, certainly not a magazine.

I check and recheck locks before I leave the house.

When shopping, I never grab the item in front, always grab from the back.

I'm a bit OCDish. I notice the smallest things and get bothered by them when others never give a second thought.

I do this too!
Oct 1, 2009, 11:08am   #27
NYCBelle
oh so fabuleuse
we already have this thread. maybe it can be merged?

http://forum.purseblog.com/general-d...ks-442895.html
Oct 1, 2009, 11:20am   #28
KarraAnn
Mrs. KarraAnn!
The only one I can think of is that I sleep with the pillow on top of my head, rather under my head. When my DBF wakes up I always steal his so that I can have one under and one over.
Oct 1, 2009, 12:12pm   #29
Cindi
My baby, Bellis
I am another one that won't take the first or last item on the shelf. This is only true of food or drink items. If it has no friends I think something is wrong with it. LOL

Also I put my bill envelopes in size order, the largest on the bottom, before putting them in the mailbox.
Oct 1, 2009, 12:16pm   #30
asianbelle
Proud mommy of Max
I absolutely refuse to use public washrooms. I will hold my bladder until I get home or go to someone's home or go to a place where I "think" the washrooms might be clean.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >