Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

do you eat in restaurants by yourself?

POST A REPLY

Jun 28, 2006, 11:27pm   #31
b
bluxcape
The Garden of Secret
i eat by myself alot.. my friends prefer to eat at home.. i work really late n dont have time to cook except weekends.. my bf lives in washington while i am here in cali... i dont really mind eating a restaurant by myself.. in fact, i just got back from eating at Sizzler....
Jun 29, 2006, 12:07am   #32
ilzabet
easily amused
Originally Posted by marspalm
never ever ever. i love to talk and if i had no one to talk to i dont think i could eat lol plus i feel so lonely...like no one wants to spend time with me... even weirder then that when i see other people eatting alone i feel bad for them lol i just always need people around i guess
ooooh no i LOVE being by myself sometimes. it's nice to hear yourself think. after all, i do like myself better than pretty much anyone else!
Last edited Jun 29, 2006 at 12:09am.
Jun 29, 2006, 12:09am   #33
ilzabet
easily amused
Originally Posted by soshesaid
"I hope she realizes she is going to get fat if she does that a lot!!"
omg how rude is that? it's called portion control ...not everyone cleans their plate!
Jun 29, 2006, 12:14am   #34
kathyrose
The Bargain Hunter
I would but I have never come across that yet just cause I don't drive so I tend not to go out unless I'm with BF. Something to try someday soon.
Jun 29, 2006, 12:20am   #35
c
chinchillamoose
I love eating out by myself. Sometimes I have a magazine, sometimes I just enjoy the food. I like eating with company, but if I go by myself, I can choose where I want to go, what to eat, how long to stay, etc.

I heard that at one of the top restaurants in the US, the chef sends extra dishes on the house to solo diners because he knows those people are there to experience the food.
Jun 29, 2006, 12:41am   #36
B
Blue824
I don't. I guess when I have to it is at a more casual dining establishment, nothing where I have to deal with waitors. It just makes me feel lonely, so if I have to eat by myself I usually just take it home or back to a hotel and watch tv. Maybe I'll get used to it eventually.
Jun 29, 2006, 12:51am   #37
Love Them All
I couldn't resist.
I can never eat at a restaurant alone, or go to the movies alone. The only thing that I like to do alone is go shopping!
Jun 29, 2006, 12:52am   #38
Jennifer Marvin
creatrice
I am not crazy about eatting alone, but, certainly when I am traveling for business (so very often) I eat alone if I am not with associates. In Paris, having said that, I do love to have a coffee in a café or on the sidewalk if it is on a quiet street. That, I LOVE to do alone. It helps me gather my thoughts.
Jun 29, 2006, 12:56am   #39
Jennifer Marvin
creatrice
Originally Posted by Blue824
I don't. I guess when I have to it is at a more casual dining establishment, nothing where I have to deal with waitors. It just makes me feel lonely, so if I have to eat by myself I usually just take it home or back to a hotel and watch tv. Maybe I'll get used to it eventually.
I know what you mean. I was in Florence on business last fall, on business, and I was staying in a beautiful hotel. They had a very nice restaurant, so I made reservations for "1" for the evening. It was very, very romantic and I just had so wished I had someone to share it with. So, yes, I think it is a lot easier if it is casual.
Jun 29, 2006, 1:38am   #40
chag
Originally Posted by ilzabet
just curious. i know for some people it's not a big deal and for others they -never- would.

i do a lot. probably upwards of 2x a week. i don't cook, my hubby works odd hours, and i don't have a lot of friends in my town (they all live in the city). i loathe fast food, so it's almost always a sit down place. i just take a book and enjoy myself. i never feel like people are looking or judging me. maybe they are, but i don't really mind...i'm just hungry.

so, do you?
All the time!! After we moved I forgot how to cook LOL!!! So we eat out really often heheheee like almost every night LOL!! But I happily go to a sit down by myself and read the paper with my meal.
Jun 29, 2006, 1:41am   #41
jlhinbrisvegas
~Viva Las Vegas~
Yes, I used to do this some when I was single and living by myself. I would just sit at the bar (if I felt like having company) or take a book/magazine.

I still like to shop on my own and love it. I don't feel like I am being pressured to hurry up or having to wait on someone else. I can shop at my own pace.
Jun 29, 2006, 1:41am   #42
Irissy
Balenciaga's lover
I eat by myself usually during lunch hrs when I'm at work. It's pretty liberating and you get to observe other people and be alone for a change (away from nosy coworkers and crazy bosses). I even tried watching a movie in the theatre alone once, but it was for a class extra credit.
Jun 29, 2006, 1:43am   #43
Irissy
Balenciaga's lover
Originally Posted by Love Them All
I can never eat at a restaurant alone, or go to the movies alone. The only thing that I like to do alone is go shopping!
I love to shop alone too!! You don't have to go along with everyone else's preferences.
Jun 29, 2006, 1:43am   #44
chag
Originally Posted by SwankyMamaof3
oh no! Don't pity us! We're THRILLED to be alone sometimes!
Couldn't have said it better. Two kids on me all the time!! Never a second with the word "Mommie" popping out of one of their mouths. I can do with some alone time
Jun 29, 2006, 1:46am   #45
kymmie
superficial quirk
As an assignment in one of my college writing classes, we had to complete a list of places to go alone and write of the experience. We had to eat alone, go to a movie alone, etc...

I like my own company better than most other people so it was really no big deal.

One of my rituals is going to IHOP (reallly classy, right!) around 5am on Saturday mornings for blueberry pancakes - ALONE.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >