ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

do you eat in restaurants by yourself?

POST A REPLY

Jun 28, 2006, 10:23pm   #16
marspalm
pursefreak<3
never ever ever. i love to talk and if i had no one to talk to i dont think i could eat lol plus i feel so lonely...like no one wants to spend time with me... even weirder then that when i see other people eatting alone i feel bad for them lol i just always need people around i guess
Jun 28, 2006, 10:24pm   #17
Swanky Mama Of Three
oh no! Don't pity us! We're THRILLED to be alone sometimes!
Jun 28, 2006, 10:25pm   #18
IntlSet
Bonjour!
Eeep! I don't. Part of eating out is socializing for me. I'm not a big epicurean so if I don't have a buddy to eat with I just head for Taco Bell's drive-through.
Jun 28, 2006, 10:30pm   #19
amanda
I Bleed Georgia Red
marspalm, please don't feel bad for us! i have roommates, i work in a hypersocial place, i hardly ever get any time to myself and i absolutely relish an opportunity to NOT talk sometimes.
Jun 28, 2006, 10:38pm   #20
QuirkyCool
Quirky and Cool
I moved to a new country alone and I certainly got used to eating out by myself. I loved it....I took a book,chose a nice place and usually got excellent service. I still do it when my fiance is on a business trip .

Sometimes while shopping I'll sit out on a terrace alone and people watch or read.

Please don't pity us...it is far sadder not to be able to enjoy your own company.
Jun 28, 2006, 10:40pm   #21
MandM
When I lived in an apartment by myself I ate alone at nice, sit-down, restaurants all the time (several times a week for dinner). I got totally comfortable with it. I still eat out alone when I travel.
Jun 28, 2006, 10:42pm   #22
IntlSet
Bonjour!
I think it's awesome that so many of you are comfortable with your own company.

As the old maxim goes, if you can't enjoy your own company, who can?
Jun 28, 2006, 10:42pm   #23
ayla
nyan nyan percent
I never do. I rarely eat out though, so when I do, I'd prefer to have company.
Jun 28, 2006, 10:44pm   #24
crowgal
Yes, & I usually sit at the bar .... drinks anyone?
Jun 28, 2006, 10:45pm   #25
marspalm
pursefreak<3
Originally Posted by amanda
marspalm, please don't feel bad for us! i have roommates, i work in a hypersocial place, i hardly ever get any time to myself and i absolutely relish an opportunity to NOT talk sometimes.
if you say so

from now on when i see someone eatting by themselves i am going to think wow they are probably glad to be away from their kids/DH
Jun 28, 2006, 10:45pm   #26
IntlSet
Bonjour!
Originally Posted by crowgal
Yes, & I usually sit at the bar .... drinks anyone?
I imagine that's a great way to meet boys! Err, I mean, men. Must drop the college-girl lingo.
Jun 28, 2006, 10:53pm   #27
Swanky Mama Of Three
Originally Posted by marspalm
from now on when i see someone eatting by themselves i am going to think wow they are probably glad to be away from their kids/DH
EXACTLY!!!!!!!
You'll see one day!
Jun 28, 2006, 11:00pm   #28
sparkles48
Southern Sweetheart
Originally Posted by IntlSet
I imagine that's a great way to meet boys! Err, I mean, men. Must drop the college-girl lingo.
LOL I think most of them never grow up so you were probably right the first time!
Jun 28, 2006, 11:03pm   #29
s
shoegal
Originally Posted by SwankyMamaof3
EXACTLY!!!!!!!
You'll see one day!
AMEN!
Jun 28, 2006, 11:15pm   #30
s
soshesaid
I like to people watch. I have heard people at the next table say, "I hope she realizes she is going to get fat if she does that a lot!!" (yep, my 100 pounds are definitely proving THAT theory). I started eating by myself when I moved to Europe by myself and didn't know anyone there. Since I can't cook, I had to go out!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >