Home > >

Any TPFers on Twitter?

POST A REPLY

Jan 14, 2009, 7:57am   #61
ShelleyBaby
Originally Posted by frostedcouture
i will follow your updates! :)
Thanks lol. I ended up joining just to give it a go, I don't really have anything interesting to say though lol.
Jan 14, 2009, 12:40pm   #62
ShimmaPuff
Sentient IMBUSILE
Yes, I am mangonocurna on there. I haven't tweeted anything in a couple of weeks, though.
Jan 14, 2009, 1:22pm   #63
bisousx
I just signed up for twitter... it's the same thing as facebook's status updates? my id is bisousx
Jan 14, 2009, 1:49pm   #64
itsnicole
i have one... but my updates aren't very exciting, lol. twitter.com/itsnicole
Jan 14, 2009, 3:50pm   #65
irishlass1029
*sigh*
Originally Posted by Vlad
twitter ultimately annoys me. I fail to see the reason why anyone who doesn't really give a damn about me would be interested in what jelly I slapped on my morning wheat toast and whether I like pulp or non-pulp grapefruit juice. stupid web2.0 and its overhyped applications.
COFFEE SPEW!

I have a couple of friends on Twitter and I actually am too but I RARELY post unless one of them is MIA via email and text - I can always find them on Twitter - mostly griping about stuff - venting, I guess? LOL!
Jan 14, 2009, 4:51pm   #66
k
karmenzsofia
I actually don't get the twitter thing...what a waste of time!
Jan 14, 2009, 9:50pm   #67
ShimmaPuff
Sentient IMBUSILE
Originally Posted by Vlad
twitter ultimately annoys me. I fail to see the reason why anyone who doesn't really give a damn about me would be interested in what jelly I slapped on my morning wheat toast and whether I like pulp or non-pulp grapefruit juice. stupid web2.0 and its overhyped applications.
While I am totally with you on the web 2.0 thing in general and have a whole experimental blog and massive word-dump to prove it, Twitter is the least annoying to me.

I like the kind of stream of consciousness aspect of it, and while I keep my toast preferences very private, as a lady should, I do tweet things I happen to be thinking about, and of course I pimp the experimental blogs.

Sometimes I think of it as a kind of online puzzle game because as you can imagine, composing 140 character haiku-oids is not really a good fit with my Brevity Impairment...
Jan 14, 2009, 9:54pm   #68
redney
Lovin' Life!
There was an article on social networking in the NY Times Magazine back in September that gives a pretty nice overview of what social networking is and why people use it. It's geared toward the "over 30" crowd.

Here's a VC blog entry that summarizes the article fairly succinctly: http://lsvp.wordpress.com/2008/09/08...times-article/

Full article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/07/ma...areness-t.html (If the link is too old, Google "Brave New World of Digital Intimacy")

After reading this, I finally "got it."

I've sent these links to many friends and even my boss (who's pushing 50) who don't get it either.

Back to topic...I'm on Twitter and Facebook but use them for work too so prefer not to disclose my IDs. Sorry....
Jan 14, 2009, 10:05pm   #69
ShimmaPuff
Sentient IMBUSILE
And here's a link to the wordrant (that really needs to be hosed off, and I will get to it, in the meantime, be gentle) about the Evils of Web 2.0 & Why 1.0 is Bestest:

The Great Divide: Welcome to the Ghetto
Jan 23, 2009, 9:20pm   #70
Odette
<3 life
twitter.com/ImASadGiraffe
Jan 24, 2009, 1:17am   #71
Lanier
Eeek - it's a mouse!
I'm glad this thread popped up - I added a bunch of people on here! Mine is Lanier1, if you get a request from that name (or want to add me). :-)
Feb 1, 2009, 9:33am   #72
Expat
Carole
Hey! I've just got Twitter too. But I don't have a fancy phone so doubt I'll update much - it's just another way of procrastinating
Add me if you know me https://twitter.com/TallOracle.
Last edited Feb 1, 2009 at 10:01am.
Feb 1, 2009, 1:55pm   #73
peach.
everything is peachy
peach_ is mine! I'm addicted.
Feb 1, 2009, 8:25pm   #74
shopaholicious
Gone shopping
I am on -- shopaholicious
Feb 6, 2009, 12:03am   #75
bisousx
is anyone attending Twestival?