Home Premier Designers Ferragamo

Ferragamo's Grace Kelly bag

POST A REPLY

Jan 24, 2010, 4:38pm   #16
ohh i love the Classic with the bow detail. must have! didn't see it at the boutique this past week. plus it looks like it's Saffiano leather
Jan 24, 2010, 7:20pm   #17
Bag & Scarf Crazy
Originally Posted by akionna
PsychoBagLady - Do you know if Ferragamo still makes this Classic style? It looks updated and sleek ... and the ribbon detail on the handle is very sweet. Does it come with a strap as well? Thank you!
I called the boutique at South Coast Plaza (714-979-7654) about the Classic Saffiano Bag. It is still available. The price is $1090. Comes in 2 colors: Black and a metallic. Sorry, I don't know the name of the metallic.

Hope this helps! All this talk about it is making me want it even more. LOL

Oh shoot, I forgot to ask about the strap.
Jan 25, 2010, 7:04pm   #18
M
Account Deactivated
what a sweet bag!
Jan 27, 2010, 12:23pm   #19
i
The version that I saw at the chicago boutique this past fall was in Saffiano, had a shoulder strap, but did not have a bow on the handle. The metallic that they are now selling is a bronzey metallic, I think.
Jan 28, 2010, 7:37pm   #20
Originally Posted by PsychoBagLady
I called the boutique at South Coast Plaza (714-979-7654) about the Classic Saffiano Bag. It is still available. The price is $1090. Comes in 2 colors: Black and a metallic. Sorry, I don't know the name of the metallic.

Hope this helps! All this talk about it is making me want it even more. LOL

Oh shoot, I forgot to ask about the strap.
Thanks PsychoBagLady! I wasn't sure what the bag was called. My friend got one some years back, and I remember she had a strap on it. Though I think it was detachable. It was about $795 I think. Actually, what I loved was the many compartments. She had a ton of stuff in there ... wallet, phone, keys, agenda ... and even a big hairbrush. It was like a clown-car ... Things kept coming out of her bag!
Jan 30, 2010, 6:07pm   #21
How funny, I just googled 'Ferragamo Katia' and of course, TPF comes up! I'm seriously considering getting this bag. It's on Citibank's Extra Cash site for only $628 if you are in that program! The description says it comes with a chain strap too.

Oh, the version I'm looking at is not the one with the bow-- it's a black saffiano version of the cream one that someone posted previously.

Should I pull the trigger?

Retail Price $1,090.00
Extra Cash ($461.90)
You Pay $628.10 (42% Savings)

https://extracash.citi.com/gateway?t...ies&vt=catalog
Last edited Jan 30, 2010 at 6:18pm. Reason: clarified the style
Jan 30, 2010, 6:55pm   #22
Gone shopping
^ Yes you should! Saffiano is very durable.

There is also another one that is smooth calf skin with gold hardware on eBay. It looks like it has leather interior. Must be made a long long time ago.
Jan 30, 2010, 7:32pm   #23
d
zzz
Originally Posted by nycgirl191
How funny, I just googled 'Ferragamo Katia' and of course, TPF comes up! I'm seriously considering getting this bag. It's on Citibank's Extra Cash site for only $628 if you are in that program! The description says it comes with a chain strap too.

Oh, the version I'm looking at is not the one with the bow-- it's a black saffiano version of the cream one that someone posted previously.

Should I pull the trigger?

Retail Price $1,090.00
Extra Cash ($461.90)
You Pay $628.10 (42% Savings)

https://extracash.citi.com/gateway?t...ies&vt=catalog

I'd love to see the pic...can't get to it from the link because I don't have a citi login.
Jan 31, 2010, 2:35pm   #24
Gone shopping
Here is mine. There are two interior compartments. Very roomy!

Not sure if they make them in the smooth leather any more.
Attached Images

Jan 31, 2010, 4:11pm   #25
d
zzz
Originally Posted by shopaholicious
Here is mine. There are two interior compartments. Very roomy!

Not sure if they make them in the smooth leather any more.
Thanks for posting those photos! I've never seen how the strap attaches and I like this a lot.

Feb 5, 2010, 1:14pm   #26
doreenjoy, here is a photo of the one on Citi ExtraCash. Hardware looks to be silver

Feb 6, 2010, 2:37pm   #27
d
zzz
Thanks for taking the time to post that pic.

Such a classic, elegant bag.
Mar 2, 2010, 12:04pm   #28
K
I have several older classic Ferragamos. I need to take pics and share them with you all when I remember.
Mar 2, 2010, 12:07pm   #29
Carry Me Please
Please do share your photos. Would love to see them
Mar 9, 2010, 2:28pm   #30
i
Originally Posted by Kellybag
I have several older classic Ferragamos. I need to take pics and share them with you all when I remember.

Pretty please!!! I would love to see your pics! I just love Ferragamo.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Ferragamo