Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Bought Fendi at Off 5th? Your bag may not be authentic!

POST A REPLY

Jun 18, 2007, 5:37pm   #16
Litigatrix
Yes, this whole matter is rather distressing. Both BagLady and I are convined that Julz and Titania's bags are fake. Considering these bags came from different stores, Julz bought more than one of them, and now it sounds like we have more coming out of the woodwork, it looks like a major scandal to me.

Please, anyone else who has bought a bag--especially a FF logo print bag--at Off 5th, please take pics of your bag, and especially its hologram, leather serial strip, and authenticity card and post them in this thread for us.

It really ticks me off that Saks would use its goodwill to pass off fakes on unsuspecting buyers. Yes, it is "Off 5th", but it still is owned by Saks and carries the Saks name, and IMHO there is no way Off 5th should be selling fakes (aside from the simple fact that it is illegal).
Jun 18, 2007, 8:26pm   #17
exquisite09
whoa, that's really messed up.

i bought a pair of Fendi sunglasses from them in the summer. any risk with that? can anyone authenticate sunglasses?
Jun 18, 2007, 8:27pm   #18
baglady.1
Serious Bag Addict
I agree Lit, I think that this needs to be reported to FENDI...! I think they need to know & I believe they will get involved. Does anyone have the phone number for people?
Jun 18, 2007, 8:41pm   #19
titania029
Originally Posted by baglady.1
I agree Lit, I think that this needs to be reported to FENDI...! I think they need to know & I believe they will get involved. Does anyone have the phone number for people?
Hey, we're looking at you to be the guiding light here, you should have all the answers

I'm thinking if we call a Fendi store, they should be able to provide corporate information.
Jun 18, 2007, 8:42pm   #20
Litigatrix
Originally Posted by exquisite09

i bought a pair of Fendi sunglasses from them in the summer. any risk with that? can anyone authenticate sunglasses?
You can post pics in the "authenticate this" thread. I don't think I would worry too much about the sunglasses. As far as I can tell, this problem is limited to zucca print bags.
Jun 18, 2007, 8:43pm   #21
titania029

Well, Litigatrix and Baglady are the two authenticating pros, they'll have to answer that. It's a good question, I have some Dior sunglasses that I want somebody to look at. I can't believe how EVERYTHING is faked, so depressing
Jun 18, 2007, 8:49pm   #22
daisyfay13

I work for an optometrist, and we carry the fendi line both in Sun and Opthalmic. Chances are if you post pics of them, esp. the print on the inside of the temple that has the style #, color etc., even if I dont have the exact pair in store, I have access to this years and previous years catalogs, so I can probably help you out if you're worried.
Jun 19, 2007, 2:22pm   #23
b
beljwl
Account Deactivated
OMG!!! This is crazy I would never have thought to doubt the authenticy of a bag bought from Off 5th. I would get Fendi involved.
Jun 19, 2007, 4:34pm   #24
Daloo3aJulz
palestinian princess
I don't think everything from Off 5th is fake, I buy my 7 for all mankind jeans there and they are real(I'M SURE!)

I just think its limited to the Fendi bags. I have to call the lady or I'm going there to bitch her out for not hurrying the eff up!!!
Jun 19, 2007, 5:19pm   #25
s
scarlett_2005
Omg. I am shocked and appalled that off 5th sold fakes!! I agree with baglady, it might be best to get Fendi involved. Who knows how many people have been ripped off! After reading this I will never purchase any bag from off 5th.
Jun 19, 2007, 5:23pm   #26
evolkatie
Eek, my aunt has bought a few fendi bags from off 5th. she doesn't use them anymore but i remember she said that one day she went and the bags were sold for $79.99 so she bought a bunch of them. She said that the store (off 5th in Katy, TX) just got a new shipment of fendi and prada. This was probably about 1.5-2 years ago. It just seemed like too good of a deal.
Jun 19, 2007, 5:35pm   #27
jeslyn
wow! That is scary. Luckily I never bought any purses at off saks before and I will never get any from them in the future either.
Jun 19, 2007, 5:43pm   #28
Litigatrix
Originally Posted by evolkatie
Eek, my aunt has bought a few fendi bags from off 5th. she doesn't use them anymore but i remember she said that one day she went and the bags were sold for $79.99 so she bought a bunch of them. She said that the store (off 5th in Katy, TX) just got a new shipment of fendi and prada. This was probably about 1.5-2 years ago. It just seemed like too good of a deal.
WHoa!! Lots of $80 Fendi? It sure sounds like your autnt got hit, too. If you can get pics at some point, please post them here.
Jun 19, 2007, 5:59pm   #29
evolkatie
I'll try to see if I can get pics. It's been a long time and I don't know if she's given them away already.

Originally Posted by Litigatrix
WHoa!! Lots of $80 Fendi? It sure sounds like your autnt got hit, too. If you can get pics at some point, please post them here.
Jun 19, 2007, 6:12pm   #30
titania029
Originally Posted by evolkatie
My big old fake is from Katy too. I didn't realize it until I saw my statement, I kept thinking it was Stafford. All those silly little Texas towns
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >