Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Black Fendi spy

POST A REPLY

Jan 27, 2006, 6:44am   #16
tuXa
Hi there, I'm new and I've been lurking around the forum for a while, I'm also a lawyer with a purse fetish so I think there's enough of us to start a support group!

I wear blacks and browns w/coloured accents like sweaters, jewelry or purses. And I just bought a Fendi Spy in black, exactly because I thought that I could wear it to work in that colour, and other colours would definitely be too "boho" for the office. With structured bags it's the other way around, I get a little more adventurous with colours.

I guess it depends on the work environment, in Europe we in the legal profession are a little bit more relaxed. At least that's what I think, I know someone in a consulting firm and they actually have a dress code: dark suit, dark tie, light shirt. I think I'd die if I had to dress like that every day.

The Spy is a lovely bag if a little big (I'm 1,55 m which is about 5'1 I guess), and I never put too much stuff in it or it will look like a duffel bag... I never had trouble with things "falling out", but then I never let my purses out of my sight!
Jan 27, 2006, 7:28am   #17
edsbgrl
Smile!
I used to work in highly professional, suits only office. What I found is that b/c my attire was so conservative/structured, the one thing that I could do to change up the look was to carry a "different" not so structured bag. IMO the Spy still looks professional, especially in black.
Jan 27, 2006, 8:23am   #18
FendiBagLady
Originally Posted by Irissy
Ya, that's also one of my main concerns too... whether if it'll fit for a law office environment.

Well, I am a lawyer and I use mine...but I have to say that I work in the NEw York criminal court system, and you can get away with a lot in the criminal courts ! Plus, I'm a public defender and my office is pretty liberal with what you can get away with.

I think you could pull it off with a suit, but my style is more funky than conservative. I wear my Balenciaga motorcycle with a Theory suit to court as well...Anyway, of any of the colors, the black seems the most conservative to me...JMO...
Jan 27, 2006, 8:32am   #19
Sweetea
[quote=Irissy]For some reason, that jet black Fendi spy on saks.com for preordering is really calling out to me and I'm actually losing sleep over it now. I seen a few photos of celebs with the black spy and I really love it, but I'm not sure whether I can pull it off. I did try on a choco spy last year and like the way it looks on me but I still have some reservations about it.

Quote:
I'm looking for a bag that's more for work (since I'm planning to become a workoholic anyway lol) than for casual hanging out. So do you think the spy is fit for the working environment or is it too casual?
I have been carrying my spy to work since the day I bought it and I looove it! At first I was a little hesitate and thought that structure bag is more appropriate for my work but with the right clothes and shoes the spy look fabulous on me and I have been wearing it since more that my other new bags I bought recently. It is so addicted that I have to have another one so my first spy won't be worned too much and too soon.

Quote:
Also, I never own a really big hobo like the spy size so I'm afraid that the spy might be too big for me but I'm just really drawn to it right now. I'm also worrying about the opening of the spy, how it doesn't have any closure to it except for that secret compartment thing hanging over the bag in order to close the bag. :blink: Does it bother any spy-owners out there at all? I mean will your personal belongings be safe in your spy w/o being worried that someone might just stick their hands inside your spy while you're not looking
?

I am 5.2 ( I think..) and the spy looks great on me. Something about the spy even the bag maybe is a little too big but because the spy is so unique and it is such a goreous bag, it seems you can pull that bag with so many clothes and styles and when people look at you they can't help but admire the bag and envy you because you are the one is wearing it and not them but that imo.

The last is the opening of the spy and the compartment..
At first that was one and the only complaint I have for the spy .. that is it's a bit inconvinience to close and open the bag and there is no inside pocket inside to organize my stuffs.

Since I have gotten used to opening my spy that don't bother me anymore. And now I love it too because of the opening of this bag is so big and the inside has space that is so wonderfuly big. I have so much more space if I needed it.

What I do to organize my stuffs inside the spy is to have two small pouches for them and organized my stuffs. And for the little coint or flaps or the thing that goes over to open and close the bag, I use that to put my car key and it perfect! That way I don't need to digging into my purse to look for it. All I do just open the coint purse from the outside and my car key is safely stored in there.

I haven't used the long and small compartment on the handle though and still thinking what can I use that for.. .

Lastly..I never worry about someone will stick their hands inside my spy because I can carry the spy in so many way. If you are afraid if that problem, carry your spy in your arm so the spy will stay in front.

If you love and crazy about the bag and you lost sleep over it, you need to get the spy and you have 10 days to return right? That way you don't wonder or regret about it.
Jan 27, 2006, 5:45pm   #20
Irissy
Balenciaga's lover
Wow, so much GREAT responses!! Thank you to everyone who responded, especially the ones who work in the legal field. I'm glad to know that some of you actually wear the black spy to work because I was afraid of getting slammed or given the eyebrow-raising if I show up with one at work. Ya, the black is a more safer conservative color even though I also like the choco and cognac too. I just wanted to make sure I can maximize the $2K price if I do decide to get one. I mean if it's just a cheap bag then I don't mind not using it that often.

Fendibaglady: It's interesting that you use your B-bag for work because I was also thinking of buying a black medium/city where I can stuff files in. What size and color do you usually use for court? A lawyer toting a B-bag... you must be one hell of a cool PD!! Orange County is kind of conservative so hopefully I can pull that off too but then I'm usually known as the weird employee that wears the strangest clothing too.

tuxa and edsbgrl: Ya, I agree that dress codes can be boring but using a less structured bag or a brighter color is a GREAT idea! I never though of it that way until you guys mentioned it. I always thought you should use a structure bag because that's like the norm. Thank god we can break that norm. That will definitely spice up our work life.

Sweetea: Thank you for your nice response. You pretty much sum up all my worries!! And I thought I was the only weirdo out there that doesn't like the opening of the spy and hopefully I might grow into it as well.
Last edited Jan 27, 2006 at 5:48pm.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >