Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

DId anyone else notice the Pin It option?

POST A REPLY

Aug 22, 2012, 10:19am   #1
ponytail
What does everyone think about the new Pin It option by our pictures?
Aug 22, 2012, 10:33am   #2
R
Rambler
Originally Posted by ponytail
What does everyone think about the new Pin It option by our pictures?
I'm not finding it but I'm not on Pinterest.
Aug 22, 2012, 10:39am   #3
whypaymore
Where is the pin it option......
Aug 22, 2012, 10:40am   #4
b
bagee
Account Deactivated
Yea, that's cool !
Aug 22, 2012, 11:44am   #5
ophousewife
I see it sometimes and I don't use pinterest. Cool stuff though.
Aug 22, 2012, 11:56am   #6
melissatrv
Can someone please explain what this means? Thanks
Aug 22, 2012, 12:21pm   #7
ponytail
Pinterest is a site where you can make virtual bulletin boards of things you like, recipes,crafts etc. Many sites have a direct link where you can pin things to your boards. I just noticed that this site has a Pin It button on posts with pictures.
Aug 22, 2012, 12:24pm   #8
ponytail
Originally Posted by whypaymore
Where is the pin it option......
It's to the right of a picture post-Pin It is printed in Red

Strange but it's not on all the pictures posted!
Aug 22, 2012, 3:31pm   #9
Bag Fetish
Iphone Addict!
Only if they are uploaded to this forum there is a pin it... from what I have seen. If you're pic's are linked there is no pin.
Aug 22, 2012, 4:18pm   #10
whateve
So if I upload a photo to this site, someone can pin it to their Pinterest board? Doesn't that make it easy for them to steal my pictures?
Aug 22, 2012, 4:38pm   #11
Bag Fetish
Iphone Addict!
Originally Posted by whateve
So if I upload a photo to this site, someone can pin it to their Pinterest board? Doesn't that make it easy for them to steal my pictures?
yes it does
Aug 22, 2012, 4:58pm   #12
p
pebblelina
I personally think it's really a nice feature. If someone didn't want their photos public then they shouldn't be posted at all on the internet. So for me, I LUV IT :) But I love Pinterest also and yes, I do pin others photos that I enjoy and I know many have pinned my photos that I don't mind having on the internet.
Aug 23, 2012, 7:57am   #13
Echoes
NoWhere Atoll
Originally Posted by pebblelina
If someone didn't want their photos public then they shouldn't be posted at all on the internet.
That's not necessarily true. People should be able to post where they want without fear of it being reposted without their permission.
Aug 23, 2012, 2:50pm   #14
Vlad
The pin option appears if there are images posted using the [img] or [attach] tags. I am working on a solution to make the pin button appear if a post has attachments that are not posted inline (using the mentioned tags).

I disagree with the likelihood increasing of image being stolen if they are pinned. Everyone needs to be fully aware that any content posted anywhere to the public realm are subject to potential theft or abuse. If you don't want an image to be potentially reproduced in any capacity, don't post it online.

The idea is to leverage the Pinterest social platform as means to expand on social sharing... which is what I assume every poster here is looking for when posting images for the social community to see.
Aug 23, 2012, 3:15pm   #15
Swanky Mama Of Three
any pic you ever post on a website is subject to lifting, this doesn't really change anything.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >