Home tPF Resource Center Feedback Dropbox

Cannot access TPF on Explorer 9

POST A REPLY

May 21, 2011, 11:43am   #1
Surprise!
I installed Explorer 9 on mu computer and now I cannot access TPF. The site opens fine on my BlackBerry and on my laptop at work (uses Explorer 8). Since I installed the new browser, I keep getting a message indicating that the site cannot be opened.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?
May 21, 2011, 5:42pm   #2
Originally Posted by natalie78
I installed Explorer 9 on mu computer and now I cannot access TPF. The site opens fine on my BlackBerry and on my laptop at work (uses Explorer 8). Since I installed the new browser, I keep getting a message indicating that the site cannot be opened.

I will check into this for you.
May 21, 2011, 5:55pm   #3

It works fine for me. Do you have some sort of security suite running on your PC that may block it?
May 22, 2011, 11:16am   #4
Surprise!
I gave up on IE9 and uninstalled it so I could go back to IE8. But, I am still having the problem. I have just about given up. The only message I get is that the site cannot be opened. My computer suggests connectivity issues, but this is the only site giving me this issue.

Oh well...I'm not all that good with computer, so I'll just have to stick to my work computer for TPF.
May 22, 2011, 12:05pm   #5
I gave up on IE9 and uninstalled it so I could go back to IE8. But, I am still having the problem. I have just about given up. The only message I get is that the site cannot be opened. My computer suggests connectivity issues, but this is the only site giving me this issue.

Oh well...I'm not all that good with computer, so I'll just have to stick to my work computer for TPF.
Google Chrome for Windows

Google Chrome for Mac

Try it. You might like it.
May 23, 2011, 7:07am   #6
Surprise!
^I'll look that up when I get home and give it a try. Thanks!
May 23, 2011, 8:12am   #7
b
I tried using chrome and it still doesn't work. Why would tpf be the only website I can't access?
May 23, 2011, 8:23am   #8
Originally Posted by bagsforme
I tried using chrome and it still doesn't work. Why would tpf be the only website I can't access?
Click on your start menu, go to "Run" and enter "cmd" there and press enter.

In the command window, type "tracert forum.purseblog.com" and press enter. Please paste the results into a PM to me.
May 23, 2011, 8:29am   #9
b
Using a Mac. Don't see run file.
May 23, 2011, 8:37am   #10
Oh

Press command + spacebar and type in "Terminal". In the Terminal window, type

traceroute forum.purseblog.com

...and PM me that please.

It'll help me troubleshoot your connection. Perhaps there's an issue on our end.
May 23, 2011, 8:38am   #11
Surprise!
So strange...I'm on a PC. I just cannot figure out what is going on. On top of my home computer, I am now having the same problem with TPF on my iPod.

I'm beginning to think that I am slowly being banned
May 25, 2011, 9:07am   #12
Surprise!
Originally Posted by Vlad
Click on your start menu, go to "Run" and enter "cmd" there and press enter.

In the command window, type "tracert forum.purseblog.com" and press enter. Please paste the results into a PM to me.
I did this and I was just about to copy the results when I decided to give it another try. TPF came right up without any problems. I don't know what happened, but it appears to be fixed on my end.
POST A REPLY
  HOME tPF Resource Center Feedback Dropbox