Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Block/Ignore feature

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Mar 30, 2009, 5:13pm   #61
k
karmenzsofia
Member
So I did the experiment. I put someone in my Ignore List and asked her to PM me.

Results:

  • I was able to PM her, and she received it.
  • I did not receive the PM she sent to me.
  • She found the PM she sent me in her Sent Folder.

I mean, it makes sense that we don't get those PMs. To me it's about not having to read some posts, so the PMing part never crossed my mind and doesn't make a difference kuz these members wouldn't PM me. However, this is yet another benefit of the feature if one wanted to avoid PMs.
Mar 30, 2009, 5:24pm   #62
Swanky Mama Of Three's Avatar
Swanky Mama Of Three
funny! I feel like as a Mod I can't add users. . . although I have once, but she's was a wackadoodle and is long gone now
Mar 30, 2009, 5:25pm   #63
N
Nat
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by karmenzsofia
So I did the experiment. I put someone in my Ignore List and asked her to PM me.

Results:

  • I was able to PM her, and she received it.
  • I did not receive the PM she sent to me.
  • She found the PM she sent me in her Sent Folder.

I mean, it makes sense that we don't get those PMs. To me it's about not having to read some posts, so the PMing part never crossed my mind and doesn't make a difference kuz these members wouldn't PM me. However, this is yet another benefit of the feature if one wanted to avoid PMs.
Makes sense to me as well. Wasn't sure about you being able to PM her. Thanks for the experiment
Mar 30, 2009, 5:38pm   #64
k
karmenzsofia
Member
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
funny! I feel like as a Mod I can't add users. . . although I have once, but she's was a wackadoodle and is long gone now
Don't you just loooove all our crazy posts and PMs? The joy of it all?

OK, seriously...bummer...Name:  violin-011.gif
Views: 215
Size:  1.8 KB



Originally Posted by Beautylicious
Makes sense to me as well. Wasn't sure about you being able to PM her. Thanks for the experiment
NP. It was a bit challenging because if I didn't get the PM, I wouldn't know it right away, and she couldn't tell me she sent it on the thread because I couldn't see her posts...and I couldn't un-ignore her in case the PM was on its way :blink:
Mar 31, 2009, 10:16am   #65
Veelyn's Avatar
Veelyn
I'M BACK :)
Thank goodness for it!
Mar 31, 2009, 10:36am   #66
Vlad's Avatar
Vlad
FYI - Moderators can not be put on ignore lists.
Mar 31, 2009, 11:34am   #67
Swanky Mama Of Three's Avatar
Swanky Mama Of Three
LOL! I am SURE a few people have learned this
Mar 31, 2009, 11:41am   #68
Vlad's Avatar
Vlad
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
LOL! I am SURE a few people have learned this
Something tells me you may be right.
Apr 1, 2009, 11:07pm   #69
caitlin1214's Avatar
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
Dammit!


Because Roo's really been pissing me off lately!





(Kidding . . . . I love you, Roo! )
Apr 2, 2009, 10:33am   #70
NoSnowHere's Avatar
NoSnowHere
So Banned!
I can't live without this feature!
Apr 2, 2009, 12:50pm   #71
k
karmenzsofia
Member
Now that I know PMs can be avoided as well, I like it even more. And there's no temptation to open PMs and be subjected to stuff you'd rather not read because you don't even know the PMs were sent.
Apr 3, 2009, 9:44am   #72
JAP4life's Avatar
JAP4life
Member
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
LOL! I am SURE a few people have learned this
Apr 5, 2009, 1:02am   #73
R
Roo
member
Originally Posted by caitlin1214
Dammit!


Because Roo's really been pissing me off lately!





(Kidding . . . . I love you, Roo! )

Behave now, girlie!
Apr 5, 2009, 1:31am   #74
caitlin1214's Avatar
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
I'm sorry, Roo!

Apr 5, 2009, 7:15pm   #75
Charlie's Avatar
Charlie
Member
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
LOL! I am SURE a few people have learned this
Darn it! and here I though there was something wrong with my computer

Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
funny! I feel like as a Mod I can't add users. . . although I have once, but she's was a wackadoodle and is long gone now
Serioulsy, it took a lot for me to add someone to my list and that particular member is gone now. I don't feel bad now for adding that name to my list because I know it wasn't just me KWIM. They got SFB for a reason.
Last edited Apr 5, 2009 at 7:20pm.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools