POST A REPLY

May 19, 2011, 7:44pm   #1
B
Sad and Angry
Just curious...

Why does the Chanel section not authenticate items unless an online link is available?

I have been able to get local purchases (resale or consignment shops)authenticated in the Fendi, LV and Coach sections.

The first page of the Chanel section, which shows the posting format for authentication requests, gives the format to use when a link is not available so I assumed this was the format to use for brick and mortar purchases.
May 19, 2011, 8:58pm   #2
It's up to the authenticators since it's volunteers. The rules aren't against it, just some people won't authenticate w/o links for some reason. KWIM?
Quote:
Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request...
May 20, 2011, 1:45pm   #3
B
Sad and Angry
Aaaaaa Because one response was that it was stated in the posting rules that the link was required, but I never could find that requirement.
I see now that it is self-regulated....

Thanks for the explanation.
May 20, 2011, 6:45pm   #4
Yeah, No one should be speaking for the group or saying it's a "rule" when it's not.
May 28, 2011, 3:46pm   #5
B
Sad and Angry
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
Yeah, No one should be speaking for the group or saying it's a "rule" when it's not.
Well... I didn't want to start an argument so I just moved on tho I have seen the same comment recently made to others.
May 28, 2011, 5:48pm   #6
You could report it so a mod or admin can pop in w/ a friendly reminder
POST A REPLY
  HOME tPF Resource Center Feedback Dropbox