Home Shopping Resources eBay Forum

Where do you sell your designer handbags?

POST A REPLY

Jul 12, 2012, 11:01am   #1
S
Hello ladies,

I recently thought a x for the future because I was scared of price increases. However, it was silly of me of think this way and now I have a bag idle. I cannot use it yet because I had bought it for the future. The position of my job would cause havoc if I carried it to work as it would 'out-do' all the ladie's handbags in the workplace and senior positions. I wish to sell it but I don't know where?
Where do you sell yours for the best price?
I have thought about returning it to the store because I still have the receipt and it has never been opened. But I know that they will only give me a credit note possibly because the receipt has gone over the policy's expiry returns procedure.

Please share.
Thank you
Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 1:25pm.
Jul 12, 2012, 12:37pm   #2
If you are US based then there a lots of consignent stores
yoogis closet
fashionphile
Anns fabulous finds
Couture USA
Bella bag
Malleries
Portero
If you want to get more money back, then there's eBay. I'm sure I've missed lots of names, but it's a start!
Jul 12, 2012, 1:59pm   #3
h
those names are a good place to start with for sure
Jul 12, 2012, 7:10pm   #4
c
To be honest, you will lose a large chunk of $$ if you sell it. Even by consignment with a reputable store who gets you top $$ for this bag will still cost you 30-40% of it's price in commission. I would rather just use the bag in my own time than lose a big chunk of cash. You will still have it in your future as quality bags last more than a decade if well cared for and you'll lose nothing on it. Especially so if you think it's something you will repurchase at a later date. I would just pop in it's box, put it in my cupboard and re-discover it later when I got my promotion.
Jul 13, 2012, 2:51am   #5
l
Break from tPF
Consignment stores that are good:
Yoogi's Closet
Fashionphile
Ann's Fabulous Finds
Various sellers from Malleries

You should try selling to resellers that have eBay shops because they offer you even more since they usually work individually or with a few assistants so they don't have the costs of upkeeping an actual store.

Some good ones:
Vipconsignment
Personalshoppers
Jul 13, 2012, 6:36am   #6
Hi,
Just spotted your post (I'm a "newbie" to the forum) & thought you might like to know about Lovehandbags.co.uk..
They sell /buy all designer bags (will also do sale on consignment for you if you want) & it's really easy to send your bag info' to them (though when you first apply to join (it's free) it takes a couple of days for your authentication to come through).
Good luck with the selling, x
Jul 13, 2012, 10:13am   #7
LVoe
Originally Posted by Sweetie2010
Hello ladies,

I recently thought a x for the future because I was scared of price increases. However, it was silly of me of think this way and now I have a bag idle. I cannot use it yet because I had bought it for the future. The position of my job would cause havoc if I carried it to work as it would 'out-do' all the ladie's handbags in the workplace and senior positions. I wish to sell it but I don't know where?
I have thought about returning it to the store because I still have the receipt and it has never been opened. But I know that they will only give me a credit note possibly because the receipt has gone over the policy's expiry returns procedure.

Please share.
Thank you
I'd return it and get the store credit and sell the store credit gift card locally on craigslist. It will be easier to find a buyer for the card. You will take a loss either way but with the card you could get away with taking less off. But I'd only do that locally for cash, do NOT sell a giftcard online, those transactions are always nightmares.
Jul 14, 2012, 11:54pm   #8
SPECTRUM MOM
Couldnt you still use the bag in your private life instead of in your professional? If that's not an option take the store credit and either purchase something that is acceptable in your current work position or leave the credit as is until you find something that will work or you. Even if you decide to sell on eBay you will lose quite a chunk of cash in fees to eBay and fees to Paypal.
Jul 15, 2012, 5:56am   #9
S
Thanks for the advice ladies.
I am based in the UK so some of the US sites mentioned cause slight difficulty.
I will try and get the store credit and see what they say as all the other options seem to cause a loss when I haven't even touched or opened the bag yet.
Jul 23, 2012, 6:01pm   #10
R
I want to sell a bag as well and am unsure if I'd come out better selling on eBay or just selling it to Yoogis closet and being done with it. Advice?
Jul 23, 2012, 6:40pm   #11
h
Well as discussed when you sell to a reseller you don't get as much as if you

would sell it on your own or via eBay/malleries...

If it is a high end designer bag, why not try it yourself & if you don't have any
luck go the other suggested routes
Jul 23, 2012, 7:00pm   #12
Originally Posted by Rosesara09
I want to sell a bag as well and am unsure if I'd come out better selling on eBay or just selling it to Yoogis closet and being done with it. Advice?
I would go some of the suggested sites above before eBay..I tried to sell a bag on eBay and it ended up being a nightmare. The buyer changed her mind after using buy it now and paying and messed up my PayPal account for about a week to get it straightened out.
Jul 23, 2012, 7:03pm   #13
Originally Posted by Sweetie2010
Hello ladies,

Please share.
Thank you
Are you sure you don't want to keep it and use it outside of work if that is where it making you uncomfortable?
Jul 23, 2012, 7:03pm   #14
h
^unfortunately things such as this do happen..

if it a high end designer bag there are some good resellers...
Jul 23, 2012, 8:17pm   #15
R
Thanks for all of the advice! I think I might just keep it:)
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources eBay Forum