Home Shopping Resources eBay Forum

Where do you sell your designer handbags?

POST A REPLY

Jul 23, 2012, 8:20pm   #16
h
Originally Posted by Rosesara09
Thanks for all of the advice! I think I might just keep it:)

Many sellers are saying eBay business is slow now..

Why don't you see how you feel in the fall & perhaps reconsider
Jul 26, 2012, 6:22am   #17
I definitely would not reccoment eBay for selling a high end bag! Just came on here looking for advice for some other alternatives as I just had an awful experience with a buyer and eBay while selling my LV bag which was in perfect condition ( i just didn't care for the style of the bag) The buyer got buyer's remorse immediately after bidding on the item and starting asking tons of questions. Knew this was a red flag of the problems to come. Then once she received the bag, she said the bag was dirty and had tears in it. Again, this was not true- you could see from the 12pictures we had posted! She complained to eBay that we didn;t list the item accurately and despite the fact that we had a "no returns accepted" policy, they are making us accept the bag back and issue her a full refund. So, basically, no returns accepted on eBay is meaningless! I am just praying that the bag comes back in the condition it was sent to her in!!!!
Jul 26, 2012, 12:20pm   #18
Originally Posted by emilyenglish
If you are US based then there a lots of consignent stores
yoogis closet
fashionphile
Anns fabulous finds
Couture USA
Bella bag
Malleries
Portero
If you want to get more money back, then there's eBay. I'm sure I've missed lots of names, but it's a start!
According to the Hermes eBay thread, Bella Bag has just been removed from malleries for selling fake LV bags...
Jul 26, 2012, 12:23pm   #19
Originally Posted by Michelle97
I definitely would not reccoment eBay for selling a high end bag! Just came on here looking for advice for some other alternatives as I just had an awful experience with a buyer and eBay while selling my LV bag which was in perfect condition ( i just didn't care for the style of the bag) The buyer got buyer's remorse immediately after bidding on the item and starting asking tons of questions. Knew this was a red flag of the problems to come. Then once she received the bag, she said the bag was dirty and had tears in it. Again, this was not true- you could see from the 12pictures we had posted! She complained to eBay that we didn;t list the item accurately and despite the fact that we had a "no returns accepted" policy, they are making us accept the bag back and issue her a full refund. So, basically, no returns accepted on eBay is meaningless! I am just praying that the bag comes back in the condition it was sent to her in!!!!
Hmm, I don't know. I recently sold my Celine bag for a great price to a great buyer. I think it's best to do BIN with Best Offer on high end items. That weeds out the scammers from the real deals.

Although what has happened to you happened to my mother when she was selling as her consignment store - she got royally ripped off and scammed by some woman in New York who claimed the item she had received was ripped, damaged and dirty. When it was sent in pristine condition.
Jul 26, 2012, 12:36pm   #20
g
my two cents- have had absolutely fabulous experience selling with
Ann's Fabulous Finds

( no pun intended haha)
Jul 27, 2012, 3:02pm   #21
x
I would recommend Bonanza. Unlike eBay you are not charged when you list products, additionally the seller fees after the item sells are about half as expensive. Bonanza also pushes your items to Google and I have made quite a few sales through Google searches. Lastly, I have found that I make more $$ on Bonanza then I do on eBay. You can visit my booth and view it as an example. The link is xxx
Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 6:09pm. Reason: Please do not link to booth
Jul 27, 2012, 4:24pm   #22
R
Originally Posted by xerinx123x
I would recommend Bonanza. Unlike eBay you are not charged when you list products, additionally the seller fees after the item sells are about half as expensive. Bonanza also pushes your items to Google and I have made quite a few sales through Google searches. Lastly, I have found that I make more $$ on Bonanza then I do on eBay. You can visit my booth and view it as an example. The link is xxx
Thanks so much!! Bonanza sounds awesome to sell with:)
Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 6:09pm.
Jul 28, 2012, 4:03am   #23
v
You can sell it on eBay of Craigslist. But sometimes eBay is tricky for who hasn't sold any designer stuff there.
Oct 4, 2012, 10:04am   #24
I usually sell it on eBay on my own risk. I sold a Chanel to a local consignment store once and got rip off. (I need money back then) I did try to contact Yoogi and other online consignment store to sell some of my handbags, but they offer very low price as well. Therefore, I rather keep the bag if it's not sold on eBay.
Nov 5, 2013, 7:20pm   #25
j
Are there any options for purchasing bags from the members on the purse forum?
Nov 5, 2013, 8:28pm   #26
Pirinja
Originally Posted by jennifer99
Are there any options for purchasing bags from the members on the purse forum?
No. It's prohibited to buy and sell here. Some people do mention in their eBay/Bonanza listings that they are TPF members but you should always do your due diligence with questions and authentications regardless of their TPF status! :)
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources eBay Forum