Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

What does it mean when paypal says seller protection partially eligible??

POST A REPLY

Aug 20, 2009, 5:54pm   #1
h
honestgirldaisy
This is the first time I have seen that come up
Aug 20, 2009, 5:59pm   #2
d
denimbarks
Sit. Stay. Shop.
I just had that, and when I clicked on the link it said I was not protected against chargebacks. Is one of the words a link? (I forget where I clicked.)
Oct 18, 2009, 12:40am   #3
pebblesbb
*in la-la-land*
Bumping this thread. I just received my first "partially eligible" seller protection and was wondering if anyone else has seen that?
Oct 18, 2009, 2:21am   #4
k
karmenzsofia
It means you're eligible for item not received (INR) claims under seller protection but not for unauthorized payment claims.
Oct 18, 2009, 10:31am   #5
pebblesbb
*in la-la-land*
^^thanks!
Oct 18, 2009, 1:07pm   #6
k
karmenzsofia
Oct 18, 2009, 6:33pm   #7
abbiesmommy
Dreaming of LV.....
Interesting..I have not received this message yet.Good to know,but scary.As it seems to me possibly someone knows this could be an unauthorized transaction??? I would be scared in this situation??? Is it ok to proceed??
Oct 18, 2009, 6:47pm   #8
k
karmenzsofia
Are you talking about a specific transaction? Transactions are eligible or partially eligible based on different aspects of each transaction. A transaction is not partially eligible because someone "knows this could be an unauthorized transaction."
Oct 18, 2009, 7:07pm   #9
abbiesmommy
Dreaming of LV.....
Originally Posted by karmenzsofia
Are you talking about a specific transaction? Transactions are eligible or partially eligible based on different aspects of each transaction. A transaction is not partially eligible because someone "knows this could be an unauthorized transaction."
Karmen,that is where I am confused.I have never gotten this message...But it saying I would not be covered for unauthorized payment claim,that would scare me.Why would some be ok, but not all?? I am so lost.. I guess if it ever pops up I will ask all of you,as I would be scared to get into a bad situation.I know reading all these threads are making me very paranoid to keep on selling on ebay
Oct 18, 2009, 7:32pm   #10
k
karmenzsofia
PP has its criteria on which it bases these and other decisions about coverage. In this case, I think it mostly depends on whether the transaction is on or off eBay and the countries (buyer and seller's) involved in a transaction, as well as who knows what else. I wouldn't let it scare you or make you paranoid especially when you're not facing that problem. Why worry about it now?

Oct 18, 2009, 8:00pm   #11
alliemia
love shopping!!!
i've gotten this in my business transactions, nothing to do with ebay. usually it is when the purchaser doesn't have a paypal account, and they use their credit card, and also when they send a gift order and have a different 'ship to' address than the 'bill to' address.
Oct 18, 2009, 8:00pm   #12
alliemia
love shopping!!!
i guess it could be a stolen card or something in those instances, so they don't totally cover you from chargebacks.
Oct 18, 2009, 8:18pm   #13
abbiesmommy
Dreaming of LV.....
Karmen & alliemia thank you!! Very good to know.Oh no I am not worried about it at this moment.But for sure good to know,and was curious too.Thanks for your help!!
Oct 18, 2009, 8:23pm   #14
k
karmenzsofia
Oct 18, 2009, 9:38pm   #15
abbiesmommy
Dreaming of LV.....
Originally Posted by karmenzsofia
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >