Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

This ebay buyer is a scamer!

POST A REPLY

Aug 21, 2012, 11:55am   #16
whimsic
OP That's awful, sorry this happened to you.

Originally Posted by meandmylouis
meandmylouis - I'm glad you got your money back
Aug 21, 2012, 2:27pm   #17
H
Hikaruyo
Originally Posted by MarneeB
Did he send that message about 'enjoy your broken CPU' THROUGH ebay's messaging system? If so PLEASE call ebay and have them look at those messages, he admits to scamming you! I hope he did. I feel bad for you, I hope this works out for you.

No ebay does not care.

the ebay CS said the only thing he could do is REFUND HIM 100% and ask me to file a police claim.
this is how ebay resolve problems, they have to really stand back buyers.
Aug 21, 2012, 2:31pm   #18
H
Hikaruyo
Originally Posted by Llisa
I agree with MarneeB. If the scam sent the message, pls send it to paypal and ebay, this is the proof! You need to check all of the letters to check if there are any useful information. That's unfair! Paypal should check this matter and give you a fair judge.
well, the guy seems very familiar with what eBay and Paypal do.

He file claims from ebay, not paypal.

so when I call paypal for the dispute, there is no record, only money being held by eBay.

so Paypal CS cannot help me, even the Paypal CS told DO NOT REFUND HIM, and take time to ask help from the Police.

like I said, I do not need that 475 bucks, I will donate it to whoever need it. I just do not want the bad person get the money and laugh to the end.

so sad about this kind of ppl from US!
Aug 21, 2012, 3:36pm   #19
aprillsrin
Obsessed!!
Omg, this is truly a nightmare. People like this sickens me. I only sold couple items on eBay and luckily, it worked out fine. I'm sorry this happened to you.

All the best to you and hope things get sorted out. The lovely ladies here are good so I'm sure it'll get better. Cheer Up Op!
Aug 21, 2012, 3:37pm   #20
northerndancer
What, me worry?
Originally Posted by denton
'enjoy your broken CPU' sounds like he sent it or claimed to. There's a lot of theft from UPS depots and they know it. This has happened to me several times with non-ebay stuff recently.
I agree. There is nothing in all of this that rules out theft by a UPS employee.

Originally Posted by IrisCole
I would also quote his message and reply to him something along the lines of:

"Unfortunately your return package was empty upon delivery. Since you seem certain that you sent the CPU back, I'm filing mail fraud charges today, and then police reports in Canada and the US tomorrow - it's lucky that I'm so close to the border to be able to do that! I've saved all of the packaging, and I suspect that both the postal service as well as the police will be contacting you to get further information - just letting you know so that it's not a surprise when they get a hold of you! Best, _______"

He may not care, but it could be enough to spook him into returning your money.
But it could also be buyer theft. And, if so as Iris says, the possibility of an investigation could scare him into "finding" the CPU and returning your money. Good luck.
Aug 21, 2012, 3:56pm   #21
codegirl

"Unfortunately your return package was empty upon delivery. Since you seem certain that you sent the CPU back, I'm filing mail fraud charges today, and then police reports in Canada and the US tomorrow - it's lucky that I'm so close to the border to be able to do that! I've saved all of the packaging, and I suspect that both the postal service as well as the police will be contacting you to get further information - just letting you know so that it's not a surprise when they get a hold of you! Best, _______"

This.
Aug 21, 2012, 4:16pm   #22
Lzamare
So awful... What state is he in?
Aug 21, 2012, 5:00pm   #23
yoyotomatoe
Live~Laugh~Love
I'm so sorry OP
Aug 21, 2012, 5:12pm   #24
meandmylouis
Washington,DC

Good idea.
Aug 21, 2012, 5:15pm   #25
meandmylouis
Washington,DC
meandmylouis - I'm glad you got your money back[/QUOTE]

whimsic, Thank you. But I still can't accept it that this scammer get away so easy.
Aug 21, 2012, 7:45pm   #26
h
hotshot

I would strongly suggest writing this ..

You have nothing to lose by doing so

And sorry that this has happened to you...
Aug 21, 2012, 8:03pm   #27
Jennie's Aunt
You might want to check his feedback in toolhaus

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...2&Dirn=Left+by
Aug 22, 2012, 2:23pm   #28
H
Hikaruyo

Just saw your MSG.

Ok, I'll try MSG buyer.

To me,his MSG just indicate he want to get an UPS mail insurance add to his pocket .

Like if I report empty package, he can be benefit from paying from insurance that he initially bought.

All in his design.

Upon searching from google, his info shows record of assault on police officer,violence,public intoxication,child abuse ect.
Aug 22, 2012, 2:24pm   #29
H
Hikaruyo
Originally Posted by Lzamare
So awful... What state is he in?
Utah, salt lake country
Aug 22, 2012, 2:26pm   #30
H
Hikaruyo
Originally Posted by Jennie's Aunt
You might want to check his feedback in toolhaus

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...2&Dirn=Left+by
Ya,this is bad feedbacks he left for other seller/buyer.

Seems its not his first time scam
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >