Home > >

SNAD? Not sure what to do.. Please help!

POST A REPLY

Dec 9, 2013, 6:44pm   #16
l
lovemisa143
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by poopsie2
http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices....0%20AM&dv=1200

http://ircalc.usps.com/ExtraServices...a00+AM&dv=1200

I can't get the second link to show the final price with the insurance, but it is something like $5 and change

I don't sell internationally so I am unsure if additional signature confirmation needs to be purchased.

FRB is Flat Rate Box
Thank you poopsie2 - I will go to the post office and look into that and see what USPS say :)
Originally Posted by hotshot
I would open a SNAD... This might force the seller into accomodating you
with perhaps an allowance for the bag that would make a difference in keeping
or returning the bag for you.

I suggest you tell the seller what you want & give seller an opportunity to
respond.

If you are not able to work it out, then open your SNAD & perhaps ask ebay
for a return label or a partial compensation for the cost of sending a SNAD item
back.

If you do decide to return this bag & since it is a costly item, just make sure
you have everything lined up correctly (signature/insurance ) so you don't have
to incur any other unforseen problem.

Yes it does suck to be out the custom fees, but that's one of the drawbacks
about an international transaction unfortunately.

Good luck & sorry that the description wasn't as clear as you would have liked it to be
I think that is what I will do in the end. Thanks for your advice.

Originally Posted by StyleEyes
I totally agree that this is heart breaking and I wouldn't be happy at all with the condition of this bag. I know you are asking for advice on what to do here and, as someone who doesn't buy from eBay all that often, I'm not sure whats appropriate.

I see that you are considering just living with it as you may feel you are losing out on the shipping/customs fees. I want to just throw this out there for consideration. Im afraid that if you replace just the dark handle, it will wind up lighter than the light handle. So, you would end up with just the opposite problem. Kwim?

Again if you do keep it, you might want to consider tanning just the light handle. While I have no experience "suntanning" my vachetta, I have read many posts here discussing it. I think if you were to cover the darker handle (and any other darker areas) and place the bag in a sunny area, you may be able to even out the handles. If you watch it closely and rotate often I bet you could get them much closer in shade so as to not be so glaringly obvious.
Yeah I know what you mean - I am not going to spend more money and replace the darker handle just to have it be lighter than the other handle..I think I will eat whatever loss and try to return this bag. Thanks for your response.
Dec 9, 2013, 6:51pm   #17
l
lovemisa143
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by carlpsmom
Are you able to contact customs for a refund if an item is returned? I am just asking because I have no clue. :)
Originally Posted by IrisCole
^^ Yes.

If you return an item that you paid customs duties on, there is a form that you can fill out to get that money returned to you. I don't know how long the process takes, but you can get it back.

I send USPS International Priority Express often, and I agree with Poopsie that this bag shouldn't cost any more than $85.00 to ship back, fully trackable and insured. (I don't know why the wallet cost so much - Express Flat Rate padded envelopes are $45.00 to send internationally.)
Originally Posted by hotshot
OP if you are able to file a form for the custom fee, this might help you
reach a decision to return the bag as your loss for the custom fee will
be returned to you..so you will just pay for return shipping ..

Do you know where I could get my hands on this form to fill out to get the custom charge returned? I don't mind if it is a long process - better than completely losing that money.

Are you sure USPS International Priorty Express have online viewable tracking and online viewable signature? That is the most important part as this is a high ticket item and I need to make sure I cover all bases to not lose the money and the bag too. Is it $85 because it's a Flat Rate Box? If it is a flat rate box then they do not charge by the weight of the box right?

I think the wallet cost $75 because I put it in a regular padded envelope - it was not an Express Flat Rate padded envelope ..

Originally Posted by mmmpurses!
Did you pay the duty directly to customs or thru the shipper? Here is some info regarding refund of duty paid (called "drawback"):

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/378/~/refund-%28drawback%29-of-duty-paid-for-imported-goods-if-exporting-or-returning-the

if you consider keeping it, there are ways to clean the vachetta safely, search the LV forum for various methods. I have used the original formula Mr Clean Magic Eraser successfully on my own LVs. However please don't touch the bag if you plan on filing SNAD and returning it.
I paid the custom charge to the mail man from USPS that was delivering it so I am not sure if that was directly to customs or thru the shipper -- I think directly to customs right?

I don't think I will try any of the various methods as I am far too scared to make it worse :(

Originally Posted by gillianna
I would do a SNAD and see if the seller is willing to help in some way. They admitted in their email they did not disclose the two different colored handles. It is very noticeable and should not have been left out. With pictures it is easy to hade defects and think things are shadows. Do the SNAD because you will only have a negative attitude towards carrying this bag. The bag could probably be cleaned up with leather products but the handles kind of scream different colors. Perhaps the one handle can be treated with a leather product to darken it?
Thank you - I think that is what I will do. I am too scared to try anything on it as I worry too much that I will mess it up. It is a shame as I really like that bag :(
Last edited Dec 9, 2013 at 6:57pm.
Dec 9, 2013, 6:56pm   #18
Apricot Summers
I would file with Ebay and really stress the damage on the vachetta leather - because sometimes Ebay is not the best when it comes to SNAD for color reasons - however those handles should have been disclosed. But if it were me, for that much money -- the seller did not disclose the defects clearly. Shame on them!

I would definitely try to get the customs fees back and wait until you are refunded then leave an appropriate negative for this seller. Their customer service is clearly as bad as their ability to properly and thoroughly describe items.

I've looked at items listed by Brandoff but will now avoid them.
Dec 9, 2013, 6:59pm   #19
l
lovemisa143
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by Apricot Summers
I would file with Ebay and really stress the damage on the vachetta leather - because sometimes Ebay is not the best when it comes to SNAD for color reasons - however those handles should have been disclosed. But if it were me, for that much money -- the seller did not disclose the defects clearly. Shame on them!

I would definitely try to get the customs fees back and wait until you are refunded then leave an appropriate negative for this seller. Their customer service is clearly as bad as their ability to properly and thoroughly describe items.

I've looked at items listed by Brandoff but will now avoid them.
Okay I will make sure to do that. Last thing I want is to open a SNAD case and lose too cus that would be the cherry on top. Do you think I should open the case with paypal instead? Thanks very much for your response.
Dec 9, 2013, 7:06pm   #20
Apricot Summers
I'd file with Ebay. That way it also stays on their record - and from the looks of that seller's feedback, one more complaint and negative they might not be on Ebay for much longer. They have a ton of complaints.

Didn't notice what bad feedback they have gotten. So sorry you had a problem, Ebay should be able to take care of this for you.
Dec 9, 2013, 10:13pm   #21
IrisCole
Originally Posted by lovemisa143
Do you know where I could get my hands on this form to fill out to get the custom charge returned? I don't mind if it is a long process - better than completely losing that money.

Are you sure USPS International Priorty Express have online viewable tracking and online viewable signature? That is the most important part as this is a high ticket item and I need to make sure I cover all bases to not lose the money and the bag too. Is it $85 because it's a Flat Rate Box? If it is a flat rate box then they do not charge by the weight of the box right?

I think the wallet cost $75 because I put it in a regular padded envelope - it was not an Express Flat Rate padded envelope ..

I paid the custom charge to the mail man from USPS that was delivering it so I am not sure if that was directly to customs or thru the shipper -- I think directly to customs right?

I don't think I will try any of the various methods as I am far too scared to make it worse :(

Thank you - I think that is what I will do. I am too scared to try anything on it as I worry too much that I will mess it up. It is a shame as I really like that bag :(
I don't have a link to the exact form, but here is link to the page that provides the information you'll need: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-returning-the
Apr 9, 2014, 10:14pm   #22
bickyi
How was this resolved in the end? Did you win the SNAD case? Did you return the item and get your customs fee back? Update please, I'm curious!
Apr 10, 2014, 1:25pm   #23
l
lovemisa143
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by bickyi
How was this resolved in the end? Did you win the SNAD case? Did you return the item and get your customs fee back? Update please, I'm curious!
In the end I decided to keep the Retiro and try to resell it myself disclosing all of the condition ect...

I've made a thread in the LV forum whether it is worth it to return and a lot of the ladies told me to keep it as they didn't think it was that bad and helped me with various ideas on how to clean up the black marks and even out the patina on the handles.

I did not feel it was worth it to lose my return shipping as well as go through all of the paper works to get the money I had to pay customs back. I've cleaned up all of the black marks with a white eraser so it is now just uneven patina on the handles as I had not been bothered to try to even them out. Other than that, the bag is really in mint condition!
Last edited Apr 10, 2014 at 1:36pm.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >