Home > >

Should I Trust Sellers from Japan?

POST A REPLY

Jun 26, 2012, 12:34pm   #76
b
beautybean
oh well, they told me donot import cheap fake, they only import 1:1 same quality copy and they also very picky for item quality. request tag dust bag, so they can let their buyer believe it is " authentic"
Jun 27, 2012, 12:37pm   #77
shinymagpie
vintage bag lady
Originally Posted by beautybean
oh well, they told me donot import cheap fake, they only import 1:1 same quality copy and they also very picky for item quality. request tag dust bag, so they can let their buyer believe it is " authentic"
As someone who lives in Japan, I find these posts offensive.
Jul 26, 2012, 8:46am   #78
shinymagpie
vintage bag lady
a little post script about trust and Japan.

Today, my daughter, left her mobile phone in a park, with her sports towel.

Several hours later, at night, she realized it was missing. She and my husband went back to the park a short time ago and found it. It was exactly where she left it, except that someone had neatly wrapped it in the towel to protect it.

Boy! I can hear some people thinking - that was lucky!

Actually, this is a pretty common scenario here in Japan. Would this happen where you live?
Jul 26, 2012, 9:42am   #79
Hamhamjanice
Originally Posted by beautybean
Hi, I would disagree with you. Usually its the Chinese or Koreans who has these super fakes. I am not from Japan but I am always impressed with their standard and quality. It would not be fair to them for you to say this as I do know of many Jap ebay sellers who are honest. But of course, before we buy any bags from anywhere, we MUST always auth it before buying.
Jul 30, 2012, 9:16pm   #80
s
shincoi
Sorry, this question might be off the subject. If I buy an item from a Japanese seller, does anybody know how much the custom charged for tax . Does the item goes thru custom if it send by air. Thanks
Jul 30, 2012, 11:00pm   #81
yoyotomatoe
Live~Laugh~Love
Originally Posted by shincoi
Sorry, this question might be off the subject. If I buy an item from a Japanese seller, does anybody know how much the custom charged for tax . Does the item goes thru custom if it send by air. Thanks
All items have to go through customs if coming from a different country. As for custom charges I have never had to pay any. From the research I have done on tpf there are very few ppl who have, however it also depends on the amount and if customs wants to charge you or not. It really is luck of the draw regardless of what your item is worth.

Oh and I live in the US, not sure if that is where you are from. Different countries will have different custom practices.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >