Home > >

Should I Trust Sellers from Japan?

POST A REPLY

Jul 28, 2010, 4:48am   #16
shinymagpie
vintage bag lady
As mentioned by others Japan is a good place to source recycled bags. There are lots of PF members who have bought authentic bags from Japan. I've lived in Japan for several years. I find that authenticity and customer service is regarded extremely seriously. Anyone walking around cities in Japan will be amazed at the stunning bags that pass them by. Get your item authenticated before bidding, as you would for any seller.
Jul 28, 2010, 8:06am   #17
Blueberry12
Naughty Kitten
I´ve bought a bag from this Japanese seller:

http://myworld.ebay.com/mairo33/

Everything was just fine, the bag is lovely & real.
Jul 28, 2010, 11:14am   #18
Pinkalicious
working it
I bought a lambskin quited Chanel backpack from a seller in japan on ebay and it was gorgeous.. authentic but the smell was old and musty. Still trying to figure out how to clean it! But the seller provided tons of pics and shipped ASAP- great communication too!
Jul 28, 2010, 11:21am   #19
s
sweetlove
I've bought two bags from different japanese sellers, and both have been very friendly, helpful and provided lots of pictures. Both of the bags are authentic and both looks better in real-life than they did in the pictures
Jul 28, 2010, 4:55pm   #20
queen_riddle
Thank you everyone so much for your help. And no, I did not mean to offend anyone by asking if sellers from Japan are trustworthy. I will be sure to authenticate my finds.
Jul 28, 2010, 4:58pm   #21
BooYah
da original bAgamist
i have dealt with at least 4 *bay sellers located in Japan and had no problems whatsoever. (one of them was a Chanel bag too.)

good luck, queen_riddle!
Jul 28, 2010, 7:00pm   #22
coachlover1000
Scammers come in all shapes and sizes. I've bought some gorgeous stuff from Japan, and it was all authentic. Just be sure to do your research before you buy, good luck.
Jul 28, 2010, 9:43pm   #23
queen_riddle
How does paying for U.S. customs and taxes work? Anyone that has bought from overseas, please feel free to chime in.
Jul 29, 2010, 2:32am   #24
poopsie2
Are you ready Steve?
I was never charged anything additional.
Jul 29, 2010, 5:09am   #25
BagloverBurr
always in LVoe
i have never been charged anything.
Jul 29, 2010, 5:35am   #26
r15324
Dismembered
I don't understand why 'Asian' countries are associated with fake products. If you'd ever been to Japan, you'll see that everyone carries authentic goods. Japan has strict legislation regarding the sale and purchase of counterfeit goods, and it is thoroughly enforced. In fact, there are way more fakes in the US (per capita) than in Japan.

And by the way, China does not have any larger market for fakes than any other country. I mean, China and Japan are the world's top consumers of luxury products. Put two and two together.

And also, I authenticate on the LV forum, and can without a doubt, tell you that most LV products coming from Japan that we end up authenticating are genuine. Whereas about a quarter of those coming from the US, Australia etc. are fake.

Also, please be careful with your wording when posting. Many of us tPFers are Asian, and some of us take serious offence to such ignorant generalisations. I know I did.
Last edited Jul 29, 2010 at 5:39am.
Jul 29, 2010, 10:37am   #27
shinymagpie
vintage bag lady
Originally Posted by r15324
I don't understand why 'Asian' countries are associated with fake products. If you'd ever been to Japan, you'll see that everyone carries authentic goods. Japan has strict legislation regarding the sale and purchase of counterfeit goods, and it is thoroughly enforced. In fact, there are way more fakes in the US (per capita) than in Japan.

And by the way, China does not have any larger market for fakes than any other country. I mean, China and Japan are the world's top consumers of luxury products. Put two and two together.

And also, I authenticate on the LV forum, and can without a doubt, tell you that most LV products coming from Japan that we end up authenticating are genuine. Whereas about a quarter of those coming from the US, Australia etc. are fake.

Also, please be careful with your wording when posting. Many of us tPFers are Asian, and some of us take serious offence to such ignorant generalisations. I know I did.
Jul 29, 2010, 10:44am   #28
shinymagpie
vintage bag lady
Originally Posted by queen_riddle
How does paying for U.S. customs and taxes work? Anyone that has bought from overseas, please feel free to chime in.
USA and other country taxation links are included in this thread: Customs Duties Websites Links from various countries postal services.
Jul 29, 2010, 10:51am   #29
sixela

Great points!!!
Jul 29, 2010, 12:19pm   #30
queen_riddle

Once again, I apologize and did not mean to generalize about Asians or asian countries. If you were offended I am sorry. I have never dealt with buying from other countries and was simply asking a question to whether or not a certain goods from certain countries are reputable. Thank you for providing me with information on the subject.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >