Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Posting to Italy - tracking website please

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Sep 30, 2011, 7:03pm   #1
shinymagpie's Avatar
Thread Starter
shinymagpie
vintage bag lady
Hi.

I'd love to get a Post Italienne website that is working to track an item that I have sent to Italy. I can find a link on the official Italian Postal site, but it gives me an error message that the link is broken. Does anyone have a working link please?
Thanks in advance.
Oct 2, 2011, 3:57pm   #2
nillacobain's Avatar
nillacobain
Member
Originally Posted by shinymagpie
Hi.

I'd love to get a Post Italienne website that is working to track an item that I have sent to Italy. I can find a link on the official Italian Postal site, but it gives me an error message that the link is broken. Does anyone have a working link please?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't think it's possible to track an item sent from abroad on our postal service site: once the item hits the Customs, they give it a new tracking number. You can ask your buyer to call their freecall number 803160, give them the original tracking number (the one you have) and they hopefully will give you the new tracking number. HTH
Oct 3, 2011, 2:15am   #3
CHLOEGLAMOUR's Avatar
CHLOEGLAMOUR
Blonde Member
Originally Posted by shinymagpie
Hi.

I'd love to get a Post Italienne website that is working to track an item that I have sent to Italy. I can find a link on the official Italian Postal site, but it gives me an error message that the link is broken. Does anyone have a working link please?
Thanks in advance.
hi , if you shipped it with registered mail or express mail you can track it as soon as the items arrives in italy

http://www.poste.it/online/dovequand...internazionale


and this is for registered mail http://www.poste.it/online/dovequand...n=raccomandata hope it helps
Oct 3, 2011, 4:50am   #4
nillacobain's Avatar
nillacobain
Member
^She will unlikely be able to track the package that way (and reading her post I think she was already trying it).

Originally Posted by CHLOEGLAMOUR
hi , if you shipped it with registered mail or express mail you can track it as soon as the items arrives in italy



http://www.poste.it/online/dovequand...internazionale

You can use this link only if you send a package from Italy to a foreign country - this link provides track until the package has been delivered.

Originally Posted by CHLOEGLAMOUR

and this is for registered mail http://www.poste.it/online/dovequand...n=raccomandata hope it helps
Same here. You can track the registered mail that you sent from Italy until the Italian borders. You can use this link once the frecall number gives you the new tracking number (and sometimes they're not able to provide it to you).

If you sent the package as a EMS I think you can track here:
http://www.poste.it/online/dovequand...?subaction=ems

For EMS tracking I find this link very helful:
http://www.track-trace.com/post

HTH

ETA: I've been able to track an item sent from abroad (on the IT postal service site) using the original tracking number only ONCE. And I was able to do it after a month (it has been held at Customs) from shipping date. There are rare cases where they don't give the parcel a new tracking number.
Oct 3, 2011, 5:05am   #5
CHLOEGLAMOUR's Avatar
CHLOEGLAMOUR
Blonde Member
Originally Posted by nillacobain




You can use this link only if you send a package from Italy to a foreign country - this link provides track until the package has been delivered.

.
that's not correct nilla:i constantly buy items from USA , SHIPPED with usps express mail and i am able to track them using the link i posted as soon as the item arrives in italy .
Oct 3, 2011, 5:08am   #6
nillacobain's Avatar
nillacobain
Member
Originally Posted by CHLOEGLAMOUR
that's not correct:i constantly buy items from USA , SHIPPED with usps express mail and i am able to track them using the link i posted as soon as the item arrives in italy .

Sorry I didn't read you were talking about USPS express mail.

As regards registered mail I'm never able to track it (only once^^^^): I mainly buy from UK, sometimes from USA.
Oct 3, 2011, 5:12am   #7
CHLOEGLAMOUR's Avatar
CHLOEGLAMOUR
Blonde Member
no problem bella.... well , of course our italian poste can't be compared with usps postal service
Originally Posted by nillacobain
Sorry I didn't read you were talking about USPS express mail.
Oct 3, 2011, 5:33am   #8
nillacobain's Avatar
nillacobain
Member
Originally Posted by CHLOEGLAMOUR
no problem bella.... well , of course our italian poste can't be compared with usps postal service
LOL
Mar 3, 2013, 8:08pm   #9
k
kelamel
Member
http://www.poste.it/online/dovequand...internazionale
Dec 13, 2014, 3:08pm   #10
m
michael69
Member
Hello ,

I'm Michael from New York.
I found and tried an interesting website to send online Registered Mail to Italy with the Proof of Delivery from anywhere in the world from computer 24/7.
It's very simple and cheap: I sent a Registered Mail to Italy online at the price of a Domestic Italian Registered Mail.
More info at:
http://www.letterasenzabusta.com/reg...ed_self_mailer
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools