Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Need HELP with Returning a chanel bag, pleeeaseee

POST A REPLY

Jun 27, 2012, 2:48pm   #16
marie-lou
Chocolate Heaven
Originally Posted by supercollegegal
I just sent back a bag yesterday actually. I wrote that is a used shoulder bag and it is a RETURNED ITEM. I wrote it in big letters on the customs form and I declared its actual value. I think it is important to do this especially because you're sending it to a foreign jurisdiction which can implicate multiple criminal fraud charges. I only had to pay $25.00 for shipping which is reasonable considering the registered mail costs. I also sent it to Japan and the people at the post office were very helpful. Good luck!
This!!
Jun 27, 2012, 3:33pm   #17
KimmyAnne
Originally Posted by R2D2
Hi there,
if you declared the bag as it actual values, then the seller has to pay really high taxes which YOU might have to take a loss since she will deduct from your refund. The reasons why the seller marked the bag as low value so you can avoid paying taxes on your part, if you returned it and mark it as original, you are making things more complicated for both parties. You can mail as express with tracking, goodluck.
What really makes things complicated (and illegal) is when you don't use the correct amount. If the item is lost, you can not get the full amount back from insurance because you under-declared the value. If it gets inspected by customs the package will get held up because it was under declared (maybe even declared as a faux/counterfeit bag because a Chanel bag is much more $$$ than $100). So not declaring the correct value can maked things more complicated for both parties.
Jun 28, 2012, 7:08pm   #18
l
lightdays
Break from tPF
You HAVE to mark it up as its actual value plus insurance and signature confirmation. I've spoke to PayPal several times and they said if you want your money back safely, you have to declare the item with its actual value that you paid for (shipping included if you paid for shipping it's recommended), and mark as returned merchandise on the form. You can get in trouble and have a higher risk if you don't do this. If you're worried the seller might deduct your refund because of customs fees, call PayPal and let them know the situation. They will advise you better on this, but they will tell you that it is the seller's responsibility to pay customs on returned items, to tell you to insure it with signature confirmation and to declare its full value. Mark as returned merchandise on the form since you bought it from a seller. If seller deducts the refund amount because she has to pay for customs, that is her problem NOT yours. She's not allowed to do that and cannot. You DON'T pay for customs. I promise you.
Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 7:15pm.
Jun 28, 2012, 9:10pm   #19
NYCGIRLY
I <3 CHANEL
She won't be able to deduct the custom fees. There is no option in ebay to refund less than the original amount. Only refund in full.
Jun 28, 2012, 9:31pm   #20
l
lightdays
Break from tPF
Originally Posted by NYCGIRLY
She won't be able to deduct the custom fees. There is no option in ebay to refund less than the original amount. Only refund in full.
'Tis true. Totally forgot about that.
Jun 28, 2012, 9:40pm   #21
h
hotshot
Originally Posted by lightdays
You HAVE to mark it up as its actual value plus insurance and signature confirmation. I've spoke to PayPal several times and they said if you want your money back safely, you have to declare the item with its actual value that you paid for (shipping included if you paid for shipping it's recommended), and mark as returned merchandise on the form. You can get in trouble and have a higher risk if you don't do this. If you're worried the seller might deduct your refund because of customs fees, call PayPal and let them know the situation. They will advise you better on this, but they will tell you that it is the seller's responsibility to pay customs on returned items, to tell you to insure it with signature confirmation and to declare its full value. Mark as returned merchandise on the form since you bought it from a seller. If seller deducts the refund amount because she has to pay for customs, that is her problem NOT yours. She's not allowed to do that and cannot. You DON'T pay for customs. I promise you.

Agree here... ship it back as suggested above and if you have any

questions, call ebay/paypal... you really should follow the suggested

way of handling this... there is money at stake here...
Jun 28, 2012, 11:09pm   #22
l
lightdays
Break from tPF
Originally Posted by hotshot
Agree here... ship it back as suggested above and if you have any

questions, call ebay/paypal... you really should follow the suggested

way of handling this... there is money at stake here...
Glad you agreed.
Jun 29, 2012, 10:05am   #23
L
Louboufan
Originally Posted by aphrodite88
Hi guys, i need help here, i bought a chanel bag from a seller in japan (a very trusted seller) she sent me the bag with a low value + marked it as a gift. i got the bag very fast with no problem whatsoever. but the thing is i am not satisfied and going to return the bag asap, the seller was fine with it, she was like okay if you are not happy with the bag you can return it to me but please declare the bag as $100 as i sent it with the low value also, i was worried about it what if the bag get lost on the way or something else happens, and she was like from my experience that wont happen especially if you have the tracking number plus i will take responsibility if anything happens. so what do you think? should i just go ahead send the bag with a low value? or mark it as it is. its above 2000$.

thanks in advance
Don't take that chance! Declare the full value.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >