Home Shopping Resources eBay Forum

Need advice as seller

POST A REPLY

Aug 21, 2012, 3:36pm   #1
n
Hi,
I've been trying to sell a Celine bag on eBay but have been unsuccessful :( After reading through the forums I understand that buyers are wary of fake bags. So as a seller what is the best way to authenticate my bag? Is it safe to post the serial # or the original receipt (minus cc info)?

Also I'm a little nervous since this is the first time I'm selling a high end bag. How do I protect myself from buyer fraud? I don't want to mark the bag because it's new.

Is there a safer site I can sell my bag? I thought about doing consignment but it sucks to sell it at half the price when it's brand new.

Would really appreciate some advice. Thank you!
Aug 21, 2012, 4:32pm   #2
Live~Laugh~Love
Hi there you are actually in the wrong forum. I am sure one of the mods will redirect you though (eBay forum).

You can always get your bags authenticated by authentic4u.com, mypoupette or caroldiva for a small fee. Some sellers do this to add assurance for the buyer.

When I sell my bags I always attach like an ID band (if that makes sense) and state that if the band is removed there are absolutely no returns. But honestly, it is difficult to protect yourself from fraud. All of these are your personal measures you take, but once a buyer goes and files anything against you, all of your measures become obsolete (like no return policies). I have sold several bags but had just mailed out 3 to consign because I just want to save myself from any headache. I have been lucky so far with my buyers, but who knows what the future holds. I have read so many horror stories on the eBay forum.

GL!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources eBay Forum