Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Made seller offer after auction ended with no bids. Best way to pay and be protected?

POST A REPLY

Jul 26, 2012, 11:23am   #1
a
angelacolumbia
AngelaColumbia
I contacted a seller after her auction ended with no bids. She countered my offer and I'm accepting since its still an ok deal. What is the best way to pay and be protected? Her auction only had one picture do I haven't seen the inside of the bag and the creed (this is for a coach purse and wallet) but I'm fairly confident the items are real. Should I ask her to list a buy it now and contact me with the info? Thanks.
Jul 26, 2012, 11:25am   #2
runner22
dreaming of Coach...
That is a really bad idea. Coach purses are often faked and sometimes can look quite real. Wallets are faked even more than purses.

I would ask for lots of pictures and then get it authenticated in the Coach subforum before you start to work out a deal.
Jul 26, 2012, 11:28am   #3
GlamGirly
Smile. Laugh. Love
^^Agreed! Ask for all photos now and authenticate before sending payment.
Jul 26, 2012, 12:12pm   #4
h
hotshot
Ask for more photos & try to authenticate..

If everything looks good would definitely pay with a credit card...
Jul 26, 2012, 12:14pm   #5
a
angelacolumbia
AngelaColumbia
Thanks for the advice. I'll ask for pictures of the creed and hang tag. I've never purchased a coach wallet before so I know I should ask of a photo with the wallet opened but is there also some type of creed in the wallets?
Jul 26, 2012, 1:26pm   #6
M
Morisa
Originally Posted by angelacolumbia
Thanks for the advice. I'll ask for pictures of the creed and hang tag. I've never purchased a coach wallet before so I know I should ask of a photo with the wallet opened but is there also some type of creed in the wallets?
Check with the coach authentication thread http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-sho...763164-18.html to find out what photos you need to request.
Jul 26, 2012, 5:04pm   #7
whateve
Wallets are hard to authenticate. Most don't have creeds. However, if the purse is authentic and the wallet seems authentic, I would be comfortable with it.

I have made offers after listings have ended and the sellers usually just relist and end the auction after I bid. The fees are a little less on auctions than on buy it nows. I have also sold things this way. That way we get ebay protection.
Jul 26, 2012, 6:19pm   #8
tutushopper
♥ Lambskin Lover ♥
I have also been accepted for purchasing items after the auction ended, and I ask for them to put the item up on ebay for me to purchase, let me know the item number, and I buy it. That way, what started on ebay, stays on ebay.
Jul 26, 2012, 8:47pm   #9
h
heatdepot
I would have her do another listing with BIN since fees are lower for the seller.

Then you will be protected by ebay buyer's program.
Jul 27, 2012, 8:30am   #10
a
angelacolumbia
AngelaColumbia
Looks like no sale. She never sent me photos of the creed.
Jul 27, 2012, 8:13pm   #11
tutushopper
♥ Lambskin Lover ♥
Sounds like you ended up with a better deal by not getting stuck with a fake bag. I'm sure the right one will come up soon for you, OP!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >