Home Shopping Resources eBay Forum

I'm so MAD!!!!!!!!!!

POST A REPLY

Jun 9, 2012, 8:04pm   #16
Try Fashionphile. I've consigned with them in the past. The last bag I consigned with them I had bought at a consignment store and when Fashinphile sold it I ended up getting back the amount I had paid for it originally.
Jun 9, 2012, 9:09pm   #17
Kay
Originally Posted by carlpsmom
If you list with Buy It Now, choose Immediate Payment Required. Make sure you choose buyer requirements too.
Absolutely choose BUY IT NOW, IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED.

Originally Posted by tutushopper
So sorry to hear of your bad luck :(. I also go to the post office when I sell (which is not that often), after I have payment. I don't know about the label, but make sure to do what you have to in order to get that $20 back, and file the non-paying bidder, which will get you back your fees from eBay and paypal.

ETA: read the guidelines posted in this section about how to set up your preferences to weed out non-paying bidders, buyers with negative feedback, etc.
This is a must do!!

Good luck on listing on eBay in the future, and be sure to keep yourself safe! Don't let any of the crooks take advantage of you. Be cautious. Do not do sales off of eBay, if they tell you they would rather pay another way, or some other wacky thing. Do not falsify customs documents - in the case of international buyers who ant you to under declare the bag's value. If anything makes you feel uneasy, come to the PF, and ask the members here. :)
Jun 9, 2012, 9:41pm   #18
Thank you for everyone's help! Looking back just a couple of days I was so naive and am gonna be much more careful in the future! I canceled the shipping label, so I should be receiving my money back soon. USPS allows you to cancel the shipping label up to 120 hours after it was created so that was helpful! I'm gonna go ahead file a claim with eBay and just realist with the pay immediately feature! Thank you for all your help again! Idk what I would do without everyone on tPF.
Jun 9, 2012, 11:18pm   #19
you have I believe 120 hours to void the label. If you go to your email that says you created a label there should be a link that says void a label.

If not go to My eBay and on the left side where your sold items you should see
Awaiting Payment
Awaiting Shipment
Paid & Shipped
Shipping Labels <--- Go Here and find the label and see if you can void it there

edit: Whoops did not see your post saying you already voided the label. Oh Well perhaps my instructions can help others in the future
Jun 10, 2012, 3:43am   #20
Chocolate Heaven
I am sorry this happened to you! Bright side: the fact that the bag got 8 bids in a short amount of time and got sold very quickly, means it will be sold quickly again once you relist!
Jun 10, 2012, 5:50am   #21
Originally Posted by coutureinatl
you have I believe 120 hours to void the label. If you go to your email that says you created a label there should be a link that says void a label.

If not go to My eBay and on the left side where your sold items you should see
Awaiting Payment
Awaiting Shipment
Paid & Shipped
Shipping Labels <--- Go Here and find the label and see if you can void it there

edit: Whoops did not see your post saying you already voided the label. Oh Well perhaps my instructions can help others in the future
Thanks so much anyways! Your to kind to have typed that all up for me! :)
Jun 10, 2012, 1:28pm   #22
Originally Posted by miah100
So for the last month I've been contemplating selling my speedy because I've only worn it twice since I have had it. First I decided to go through Yoogis, and they sent me a ridiculously low rate that I laughed at and deleted out of my inbox. SO then I decided to venture into eBay. I am new to the Bay, never purchased or sold anything on the site. So I followed eBays guidelines and tutorial on how to post an item, everything went smooth with posting the item I went to sleep and woke up to 8 bids! I thought everything was going great! And then a eBay member messaged me asking questions about the bag, and after I had replied, within a minute the member had bought the bag with my "Buy it now" price. I was amazed at how easy eBay was! My bag had sold in less then 24 hours! So after the item had sold I received and email saying that now that my item is sold I should print out a shipping label (stupidly following ebays instructions) I purchased the $20 shipping label and messaged the buyer. That was on the 6th and I have yet to here from the buyer again, I have sent them 3 messages about payment and no reply. Now im stuck with a shipping label that will not even be used and lost $20! I just dont understand why someone would purchase something and not pay!!! and why eBay would encourage me to buy a shipping label before receiving payment! I'm just so upset because not only is my bag not sold but I also lost money and I cant file a claim with eBay for a non paying bidder until tomorrow!
I had to cancel shipping labels before and I got my money right back. Trust me, you did not lose $20, you just have to void the label and your money will be returned to your account.
Edit: should have read the second page lol
Jun 11, 2012, 1:39am   #23
~One Day At A Time~
I'm glad you were able to cancel the label! When I first started selling I made a couple mistakes too, we all do! Good luck on selling your bag when you're able to relist!
Jun 11, 2012, 8:49am   #24
A
Account Deactivated
Good luck on the resale!
Jun 11, 2012, 9:35am   #25
M
I keep my fingers crossed for USPS not to be as Canada Post (they do NOT refund cancelled shipping labels) and you get the $20 back. Better that way, just open an unpaid item dispute, get your listing fees back, instead of having buyer like that to open some bogus case.

How about a B&M consignment store in your area? The few I visited here give out laughable quotas but I have a friend in the States and she will only resell her stuff that way. Or even Kijiji? I am going to have a look at a pair of CL listed on Kijiji, I feel better having the opportunity to try and inspect the shoes up close before shedding a four digit sum of my wallet. Whatever you decide, good luck.
Jun 11, 2012, 11:29am   #26
s
why do the shipping labels cost 20$ to print?

i have never paid for a shipping label on eBay. i just copy and paste the addresses from the paypal receipt and print it out myself.
Jun 11, 2012, 12:32pm   #27
Originally Posted by seltzer92
why do the shipping labels cost 20$ to print?

i have never paid for a shipping label on eBay. i just copy and paste the addresses from the paypal receipt and print it out myself.
That's for postage too.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shopping Resources eBay Forum