Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

How long does package usually sit at US customs?

POST A REPLY

Sep 27, 2008, 12:19am   #1
gMbt
I sent out a package EMS to the US last Tue (23 Sept).Tracking shows that it arrived in the US on 24 Sept and ever since then the status is

Your item is being processed by United States Customs. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Is it normal that the status is still like this?It's important that I get accurate tracking info as it's a return...arggghhh I'm so worried now!
Sep 27, 2008, 12:49am   #2
Lvbabydoll
♥'s Cupcakes
I've been watching one for about the same time...I mailed mine to Canada on the 16th and it just cleared customs yesterday (the 25th). I'd wait a little longer before getting too worried.
Sep 27, 2008, 12:51am   #3
L
Lovely4
Account Deactivated
I had the same problem. It took few days to clear customs and then arrive another two days.
Hang in there, it will arrive. :)
Sep 27, 2008, 12:52am   #4
gMbt
Thanks.I'm worried because normally when I receive packages from overseas they leave customs pretty quickly..never this long.
Sep 27, 2008, 12:59am   #5
L
Lovely4
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by gMbt
Thanks.I'm worried because normally when I receive packages from overseas they leave customs pretty quickly..never this long.

^^^ I agree.
But for some reason they are taking longer to go thru customs.

I actually have received a bag from Hong Kong in Three days.

However my last overseas transaction took over 2 1/2 weeks. It wasn't my sellers fault - it was held up by the carrier and then stuck in customs.

At least you know that the buyer sent it. You can track it. Hopefully Customs will release it.
Sep 27, 2008, 1:00am   #6
more_CHOOS
Sofa King on a Ban!!
i just ordered a pair of CL Pythons from Hong Kong. Seller shipped Monday and it arrived yesterday. It took 2 days to get to US and then 1 day to clear customs and was delivered to my house the next day...

So it could all depend.
Sep 27, 2008, 1:48am   #7
Ms.Lizardo
Don't worry..I had a handbag being sent from England....I got the same message on the 19th...it had entered into New York at customs.....I was concerned because there were no updates at all as of 3am on the 24th....but then I checked around 10am on the 24th and I got a message update that my bag had arrived in my home city at 7am that morning for processing......by 1:30 pm that same day I had the package in my hands.

I don't think they update the site that often.
Sep 27, 2008, 1:54am   #8
Echoes
NoWhere Atoll
"How long does package usually sit at US customs?"

How long is a piece of string?
Sep 27, 2008, 8:57am   #9
menopausalmama
I guess it depends on how busy they are...and how many staff are there at the time.....
Ya can't predict how long at all.....
Sep 27, 2008, 10:57am   #10
gMbt
I'm sending an item back to the seller.My full refund depends entirely on USPS tracking..arghhh...how frustrating!!
Does USPS work on Sat?
Sep 27, 2008, 11:42am   #11
coachfreak
Looking for LVOE
Originally Posted by gMbt
I'm sending an item back to the seller.My full refund depends entirely on USPS tracking..arghhh...how frustrating!!
Does USPS work on Sat?
yes... we get mail today
Sep 27, 2008, 12:20pm   #12
neatfreak
Unfortunately it can be a day or a few weeks. It depends on whether it gets flagged or not, the number of staff, number of packages, etc. Try to hang in there!
Sep 27, 2008, 3:19pm   #13
Lvbabydoll
♥'s Cupcakes
The package I was talking about in my last post was delivered yesterday afternoon, so hopefully yours will be soon too!
Sep 27, 2008, 5:35pm   #14
Ms.Lizardo
Hahahahahahahah.........

Originally Posted by Echoes
"How long does package usually sit at US customs?"

How long is a piece of string?
Sep 27, 2008, 6:20pm   #15
i_love_yorkie
and BAGS
usually 1 day for me
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >